What's new

jugu

Professional
Reaction score
I have this crazy itch to get Taito Type X3 with Ultra Street Fighter IV. But I have a few questions:
  • Will it work outside of Japan?
  • Offline mode?
  • 2 players on a single cabinet?
Thank you!

first 2 depends on version installed

older version yes
newer version no

if it is the newer version i may be able to help shoot me a PM if you end up getting one

3rd is a yes after changing a setting in the test menu

Thank you for the reply! Will reach out to you if I end up with the X3.

Thanks again.

Hello, I'm new here but i'm in a similar boat as far as getting this game running. I get stuck at the network loading screen and i'm pretty sure i'm running the newer version of the game...Just curious what my options might be ?

I have a similar unit as well...
Guess for now we just have to wait till Taito discontinues it and someone can publically release a hack to convert it to a offline version :)

Does someone/somewhere other than Niko have a working USFIV on X2? I respect why he doesn't release it so I'm looking for someone of less moral character. PM me :)

It's out there, but it's not really being distributed publicly.

Okay, so I received an X3 system with Puzzle & Dragons. I also separately received an Ultra Street Fighter IV version 1.0 disk and dongle.

I should be able to swap out the drive and dongle and start playing right? Do I need the Fast I/O and card reader if trying to play offline?

Okay, so I received an X3 system with Puzzle & Dragons. I also separately received an Ultra Street Fighter IV version 1.0 disk and dongle.

I should be able to swap out the drive and dongle and start playing right? Do I need the Fast I/O and card reader if trying to play offline?
The USFIV disk and dongle are not compatible with the P&D X3 IIRC.

Shoot me a PM tomorrow morning and I'll help you get USFIV running.

Thank you @Niko! Will do. Going to test this to see if it actually boots first.

Hey there,
I'm new here, so please be patient with me.
I have a Naomi Universal Cab and I'd like to run it with Ultra SFIV.
Any clue about what I need and where to find it is welcome!

I’m still trying to get my setup to work. Haven’t had time recently.

Back