What's new

sammargh

Professional
Reaction score
I'm seeing everywhere that ZN-1 and ZN-2 games can either be 15khz or 25khz refresh rate however I can't find a list of which game uses what. I tried loading up the roms in mame to see if maybe the resolution would give an indication as to the resolution however it lists every ZN-1 and ZN-2 game as 640x480 31khz which can't be right.

Searching around on the internet I can't seem to find a definitive list of which games are which refresh rate and I don't have a multisync monitor capable of mid res.

Anyone happen to know if a list exists that is accurate so I don't end up buying some rom board that I can't play?

I only own Street Fighter EX (ZN-1), Street Fighter EX 2 Plus (ZN-2) and Rival Schools (ZN-2). As far as I know they all run in 15kHz standard resolution.

I only own Street Fighter EX (ZN-1), Street Fighter EX 2 Plus (ZN-2) and Rival Schools (ZN-2). As far as I know they all run in 15kHz standard resolution.
Thanks, it appears TGM1 is also 15kHz as well. Looking over KLOV every game in the database is listed as standard resolution however people mention in a thread that Strider 2 and Rival Schools were mid res... Which appears to be false.

I have Strider 2 and Rival Schools, and they both ran at 15khz on my Egret 2. I wanted to try 24khz but didn’t see any dip settings that controlled that in the manuals I found online.

i could play star gladiator 2 without a problem on my bvm.

Its 15khz, but like ST-V it will switch between 240p and 480i modes (title screens often in 480i and game play in 240p).

it's all 15KHz, it's a playstation chipset!

Back