What's new
Also that chip is the main problem with the midway pcb's
The battery leaks onto it and corrodes the socket & chip.
It would be nice to get them all dumped, but they are locked and nobody has the reader / programmer setup.

All the other common faults on this pcb are 'easy' apart from sometimes V ram stuff...

we can just hope someone donates for decap @ caps0ff :)
Still got the issue of programming and finding blank chips if they can't be re-written...

The bootleggers back in the day seem to have no problem with burning them but the equipment and knowledge is lost to time.
I think @CoolFox found some burning equipment but was missing an interface card for the computer side.

we can just hope someone donates for decap @ caps0ff :)
Still got the issue of programming and finding blank chips if they can't be re-written...
The bootleggers back in the day seem to have no problem with burning them but the equipment and knowledge is lost to time.
I think @CoolFox found some burning equipment but was missing an interface card for the computer side.
The Altera ISA LP6 card? I have it now.

Sweet! not sure on your device list, Altera only - or TMS, Actel etc also?

Anyways, there's plenty of stuff in the junk room of all 3 brands if you want any for testing/dumping etc

PS: Jaw dropped when seen that silkroad stripped of PLD's, Nice job dumping them. hope you got it back together working.

For T unit it's a TMS TPC1020AFN
Same programmable chip as gaelco boards IIRC

Back