What's new
I think it would be very optimistic to think that a surge problem screwed your monitor, A board and whatelse, but left intact the multi. I would assume that the LCD is well and the multi is fried.

As you are in the USA, I would suggest that you send it to @Mitsurugi-w if he thinks he can do something about it.

But the multi is working, so is this lcd...barely. If I hold it at just the right angle, I can read it.

Believe me, I was just as surprised at this. It seriously appears that the only thing that didn’t survive the ordeal in-tact appears to be this little screen and my A-board.

Thank you so much for taking the time to help me. The screen is fixed now:

qP0KKLC.jpg

I just have one more question. The photo above is taken with the idc/ribbon cable the kit came with, this is very short. Prior to my screen replacement coming in, I wired a new one that was 6 feet long. I tested it with the original screen and worked fine - the text was still barely readable, but that was the same behavior I got from the shorter cable too.

Now that the screen has been replaced, now I am getting this new behavior:

https://i.imgur.com/5NPW5xH.mp4

I cut the video off early, but the thing is loading a game, and if I had waited the game was loading up correctly. Put the original cable back on, everything works.

I took a multimeter, and checked continuity across all 14 wires, and they all tone out exactly the same as that very short one.

I was just wondering if you might have any ideas as to what might cause this? I hate to keep re-crimping connectors, especially when it was right from all appearances already, and was working before I replaced the screen. I noticed there are some jumpers under the original screen I pulled off, didn’t know if you’d set any of those manually, or just soldered up the 16 pins like I did.

Regarding the brightness, there is a pot on the multi to control the contrast of the screen :)

Back