What's new

SelfDeniedHoarderz

Professional
Reaction score
Just got a X2 board. Interesting enough I could not find where they install Windows XP embeded on... I am sure that it's not installed on any HDD .
I wonder where the OS is stored and is there anyway to access to that partiton

Just got a X2 board. Interesting enough I could not find where they install Windows XP embeded on... I am sure that it's not installed on any HDD .
I wonder where the OS is stored and is there anyway to access to that partiton
It is stored on the game's HDD. You can access the partitions on the drive like any normal hard drive. However the game files themselves are encrypted.

Has any one used a standard CF card / IDE drive to copy the data and if you can make backups? Would like to see if I could combine multiple games on one HDD.

Has any one used a standard CF card / IDE drive to copy the data and if you can make backups? Would like to see if I could combine multiple games on one HDD.
The drives cannot be 1:1 copied. You can however clone a drive and use unencrypted game files.

There are a few people who make multigame hard drives for the typex and typex2. PM Darksoft or the Mistu guy here and they can help you out.

You could make your own multigame, the problem is using the JVS controls to navigate the custom menu you would create to launch the games.

That's awesome would love a multi game cart. Can the Type X be upgraded to TypeX2 spec?

That's awesome would love a multi game cart. Can the Type X be upgraded to TypeX2 spec?
Unfortunetely no. However TypeX2s are plentiful so they arnt hard to obtain, just a little pricey IMO.

Back