What's new

ita123

Student
Reaction score
Hello all, for a long time i want to build a supergun. I have most of the parts needed for the build.
I need clarifications or suggestions from the experts here.

Enclosure box - 10mm thick MDF with Front/Back 4mm plexiglass panels.
My plan is to laser cut the plexi panels to fit all the needed components.

power supply - MeanWell RT-125A 131W PSU, Specs - http://www.meanwell.com/productPdf.aspx?i=491
I saw in other SG builds that people used fuses for protection, are they necessary ? if they are recomended ,what type of fuses / specs do i need to use
on the main voltage(220v) and on 5v/12v/-5v outputs?

video/audio - I want a rgb scart output without the need for video encoders, but from my understanding connecting rgb lines from arcade boards to consumer equipment is a bad idea.
so i'm thinking of using Tim's AV-Driver board - http://etim.net.au/av-driver/arcade/
and follow the diagrams.
whats get me confused is the audio attenuation , how to connect the left (jamma) and right (MVS) speakers?

Thanks.

fuses could help prevent you from frying your boards.

for the audio you need a switch or jumper of some kind to enable the left and right channels vs a single mono channel. In the schematic that Tim supplies on the link you posted he shows said switch.

for the audio you need a switch or jumper of some kind to enable the left and right channels vs a single mono channel. In the schematic that Tim supplies on the link you posted he shows said switch.
ok , thats i understand but i get confused on the L/R speakers -/+ how to connect them from the jamma edge?

The same pins are used. So the switch or jumper would just be for enabling or disabling the second channel. It would still be the same connections.

on the jamma/mvs pic i attached above , on the jamma pinout pin L is speaker- and pin10 is speaker+ i assume its for mono left speaker? In mvs pinout (stereo) pin L is left and pin 10 is right. So if i will use a switch to toggle between mono/stereo sound can i connect pin L(mono) directly to the av driver board? And pin 10 mvs (right) to the switch? (Sorry for all the questions, but thats really get me confused)

Speaker- is not a channel. With mono you are only going to use Speaker+. You will want to hook Speaker- to the switch and if you are connected to a MVS pinout, then if you turn on the switch you will get stereo audio.

Standard JAMMA is mono only. The only way to get true stereo from a JAMMA board is to take it from the actual board, if that board offers it or can be modified.

Keep in mind, you don't even need to worry about all this unless you are planning on using a Multislot MVS at some point.

Thanks for your answer, i am using a multi slot mvs ,also 1 slot mvs board.

Back