Can Teknoparrot compatible game dumps be made to run on a Real RingEdge system?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Can Teknoparrot compatible game dumps be made to run on a Real RingEdge system?

The TeknoParrot "Emulator" (I am guessing it isn't emulating the games but allowing them to run on a regular pc like the Type X stuff) Is capable of running several Sega Ringedge games. My question to anyone who know much about these games is, Can these dumps which are made to be used with TeknoParrot be installed on a real RingEdge system and run? It would be cool to be able to install all of the the Initial D games on my Ringedge when I eventually get a video card for it.
    • Why to run them on a ringedge which is a protected system when you can run them in a normal PC?? Actually the goal of that "emulator" is precisely to run them on a regular PC.
      * Arcade-projects, the site where you get the most of your arcade games.
      * If you want Drama go to Neo-Geo forum ---Darksoft
    • has that "emulator" actually been released? last time I went looking for it I couldn't find any indication that it existed outside of his video demonstrations.
      Buy 3D Printed Parts: bit-district.com
      Projects: instagram | blog
      Games: VAPS | VOOT | UMK3 | RFM | Vewlix | FiF Jr. | KI2 | E29 | Net City | DDR | Flash Beats
      Wanted | For Sale/Trade
    • twistedsymphony wrote:

has that "emulator" actually been released? last time I went looking for it I couldn't find any indication that it existed outside of his video demonstrations.
      It's available through Patreon, and it keeps tabs on whose account the program belongs to.

Emulator is a strong term, more of a loader, like the Type X stuff. From my understanding reading elsewhere.
      On the hunt for: Dinoking, Mushiking, Love & Berry, Egret 29, Grand Am Q25, Capcom New Concept 2, and Naomi guncabs.
    • rewrite wrote:

twistedsymphony wrote:

has that "emulator" actually been released? last time I went looking for it I couldn't find any indication that it existed outside of his video demonstrations.
      It's available through Patreon, and it keeps tabs on whose account the program belongs to.
      Emulator is a strong term, more of a loader, like the Type X stuff. From my understanding reading elsewhere.
      Hence why I used the quotes around the word emulator as I am well aware its just tricking the game into thinking its running on a real ringedge instead of a pc. If we were to legit emulate these games, it would probably require a pc that is way to powerful.

As far as has it been released, if you search on youtube, most of the tutorials have send space, or mega links to the emulator itself.

I just figured since the release of TeknoParrot has also lead to many of the ringedge games being dumped, it might be possible to use these dumps on real hardware, perhaps even use them for some sort of multi kit. I really just want to run the Initial D games so I would be running all 8 Initial D games on original hardware as opposed to emulators or PC.
    • Apparently there are now public builds as well, but the patreon ones get access to games before the public builds, and are tracked by account. Which must be what the links you're finding are for, but really you can just download it on their site.
      On the hunt for: Dinoking, Mushiking, Love & Berry, Egret 29, Grand Am Q25, Capcom New Concept 2, and Naomi guncabs.
    • Darksoft wrote:

Why to run them on a ringedge which is a protected system when you can run them in a normal PC?? Actually the goal of that "emulator" is precisely to run them on a regular PC.
      The "Emulated" versions on a standard pc do not interface with the io board and thus cannot be used in real initial d cabinets. Personally I'd love if this worked on ringedge because getting install disks and security chips is difficult and prohibitively expensive for 6-8. Could justify it for a single version, but then unless you bought the game installed on a ringedge you lose all the unlocks.
      Arcade: F355 Challenge Deluxe, Super Chexx, Sega Rally 3 Deluxe, Dynamo Hotflash, Strike Master, Slugfest, Sonic Coin Roller
      Pinball - Alien, Avatar LE, Pinball Magic Sample, Rob Zombie LE, America's Most Haunted, Mystery Castle, USA Football, Transporter, Radical Sample, Last Action Hero
      Wanted: Namco Cool Gunman, Quick & Crash, Megalo 410, DE Slapshot
    • dung wrote:

Darksoft wrote:

Why to run them on a ringedge which is a protected system when you can run them in a normal PC?? Actually the goal of that "emulator" is precisely to run them on a regular PC.
      The "Emulated" versions on a standard pc do not interface with the io board and thus cannot be used in real initial d cabinets. Personally I'd love if this worked on ringedge because getting install disks and security chips is difficult and prohibitively expensive for 6-8. Could justify it for a single version, but then unless you bought the game installed on a ringedge you lose all the unlocks.
      It works already on a ringedge because it's a ringedge game :)
      * Arcade-projects, the site where you get the most of your arcade games.
      * If you want Drama go to Neo-Geo forum ---Darksoft
    • dung wrote:

Darksoft wrote:

If you take a look at the video shown below, the TeknoParrot guy shows you how to make a Serial interface adapter that allows you to use a JVS board with TeknoParrot.

• All ring games from teknogod emulator runs on ringedge1/2 hardware without problems, but native jvs support on teknogod emulator itself is only supported until version 1.06c.
      > 1.06c to todays versions only support xinput and dinput.....The programmer also released a Open Source Tool, with this It is possible to convert the analogue jvs signals with the help of vjoy to a pc-wheel...In my opinion the idea of the Tool is amazing, but sadly very buggy and runs only with sega Type 3 I/o board in combination with 32 bit os near stable.

The post was edited 2 times, last by tinchen3112 ().