What's new

PascalP

Legendary
Reaction score
Ok guys, have some issues with a TTX2 unit, it is a fully stock 215A unit, P4 3.4GHz, 7900GS and 1GB Ram.

Tried with a verified working multi SSD 1.4.
The issue is that upon power on, the fans spin for 1 second, then everything powers down for 1 second (no fans, no light) and then all fans and lights turn on again.
But the image stays black, no post screen, no motherboard beeps, nothing :(

What would be a good place to start?

One thing I notice is that the ‘no image’ message from my NNC is ‘twitching’ a bit with the TTX2 turned on

Took out and reseated the RAM and GPU, now I get some beeps while booting.
First 1 beeb, pause, 2 beebs

Standard beep codes?

Award Bios, 1 long, 2 short: Indicates a video error has occurred and the BIOS cannot initialize the video screen to display any additional information.

I had the same issue on one of mine in the past. It ended up being the power supply. I swapped it with a pc atx just to test and verify

Standard beep codes?

Award Bios, 1 long, 2 short: Indicates a video error has occurred and the BIOS cannot initialize the video screen to display any additional information.
Yeah, stupid me, forgot to plug in the GPU power after reseating it, so back to black screen, no beeps

Standard beep codes?

Yeah, stupid me, forgot to plug in the GPU power after reseating it, so back to black screen, no beeps
I've forgot to plug power into GPU once also. It caused me to get BSOD on startup

Switched out the PSU with a working unit, no joy :(
Same issue still

I had a similar issue with mine when I bought it, I had to take out the cpu and re-seat it. Working fine since and a few years have passed.

BAM! Throw in a 7900GT I had on the shelf and everything OK!
Also tried a stock 7950GT, but that didn’t work...

Still has that 1 second pauze on power up, but I guess that is normal then?

@Niko a stock 7900GT would work fine with the multi without flashing it to a 797 IIRC?

Last edited:
BAM! Throw in a 7900GT I had on the shelf and everything OK!
Also tried a stock 7950GT, but that didn’t work...

Still has that 1 second pauze on power up, but I guess that is normal then?

@Niko a stock 7900GT would work fine with the multi without flashing it to a 797 IIRC?
Glad you got it figured out, was going to suggest the video card. It seems to be the weakest link in these systems.

In theory you shouldn't need to flash the 979 BIOS if you're only using my multi. But that hasn't really been tested.

Well everything worked up to this afternoon, now every game I boot goes back into the menu.
Could this be either because of the unflashed 7900GT or should I try to rewrite the multi image to my SSD?

Well everything worked up to this afternoon, now every game I boot goes back into the menu.
Could this be either because of the unflashed 7900GT or should I try to rewrite the multi image to my SSD?
I'd try to rewrite the multi image first.

Did that, still the same... :(
Also in some cases it will boot to a black screen after the Bios post screen and it doesn't go into the menu at all...

Ordered another 7900GS I found online and will try that once I get it.

Last edited:
Back