What's new

ekorz

Multi Boyz 4 Pi
Legendary
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
Just my luck, I bought a NOS Asura Busters only to have no sound come out. I am running this through my HAS, and using the un-attenuated audio jumper I can actually hear pretty much everything. It's suuuper faint, but I can at least hear sfx and music. I can also turn the sound pot and get the volume to raise/lower so I assume it's fine. My first thought was the LM324 preamp was busted, so I replaced that. Then I swapped out the actual amp with another one, also no change.

So I'm left wondering, is it the Pre-amp or the Amp, but my replacements are also bad? Is it the pot?

I changed out all the electrolytic caps, but not the others. My Z80 seems to be getting plenty of voltage (5.08). The LM324 is getting a bit less (4.6v).

Looking for some thoughts on what to try next! Thanks! Here's the sound section...

hqUjaSb.jpg

Wow, sucks dude. You gotta get yourself that little audio tester amp that Caius pointed out. Im looking to get one as well. Maybe have our friend take a look at it?

There is some issue with this board and the HAS.

I have Asura busters and it works perfectly in a cabinet but does the weird sound thing on the HAS. I remember reading somewhere that the issue is with the design of the pcb board itself.

@Derick2k I ordered one of those already. Actually grabbed some extra pcbs too since they were so cheap compared to shipping from the U.K. Want one?

@SEGASHIRO epic... I will dig into that. Where did you hear that? @RGB have you ever run across this?

Edit: ooo, found this. https://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewt...sid=c781c417975458ec1f812f0a613f5ed4&start=20

Shou: Asura Blade is known to have the audio and audio ground mixed up from the factory. You'll need to swap the wiring for it to work.

Looks like I should get a filter board and adjust this... thanks

Last edited:
@Derick2k I ordered one of those already. Actually grabbed some extra pcbs too since they were so cheap compared to shipping from the U.K. Want one?
For sure :thumbsup: , let me know what the cost is. If you ordered the extra parts needed let me know, I will buy a full kit from you.

@Derick2k
Sure thing, I was gonna build one and post to see if anyone else needed one also, anyway. I don't have a case worked out yet but did get extra components. Lemme make sure I build it right but I'll keep you posted!

@Derick2k
Sure thing, I was gonna build one and post to see if anyone else needed one also, anyway. I don't have a case worked out yet but did get extra components. Lemme make sure I build it right but I'll keep you posted!
Thank you! :thumbup:

@SEGASHIRO epic... I will dig into that. Where did you hear that? @RGB have you ever run across this?

Edit: ooo, found this. https://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewt...sid=c781c417975458ec1f812f0a613f5ed4&start=20

Shou: Asura Blade is known to have the audio and audio ground mixed up from the factory. You'll need to swap the wiring for it to work.

Looks like I should get a filter board and adjust this... thanks
Yup, that is what it was...if you build a fix...I would probably want to get one too!

Awesome I will give JNX a contact. He builds great stuff. The primal rage adapter and he did was fantastic.

Back