What's new

PHRHD

Beginner
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

FINALLY! I've been looking for a great arcade community to be a part of! Arcade Otaku is great, and the people there are so friendly and helpful, but they're all over in Europe, and if I'm looking for something there's a good chance I won't find it there. Now I've finally found a community that's more local!

I'm Josh. Arcade enthusiast in Phoenix, Arizona, that's looking to start a small collection. I visited Tokyo in December, and though I had been wanting some cabinets for quite some time, it has since reached a fever pitch. I'm super duper new to all of this, but look forward to the fun and challenge of learning the ins and outs of the machines, and culture. :P

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Welcome! From Tucson myself, but have lived in San Diego for the better part of adult life. You won’t find a better community than here. Ask ANYTHING and people will help you.

Welcome! I'm ex-Phoenix and there are certainly a few folks here from the valley. But really members are from all over the globe... but it works out!

Thanks, everyone!

It will be great to meet some more enthusiasts from the valley. I'm originally from Michigan, but moved to California for 6 years for school, where I met my wife. We moved out here 5 years ago, for work, so I've been all over the place. Haha

Welcome my fellow Chandler AZ friend :)
Yay! That's insane! Another Chandler resident here of all places. :D
Thank you!
Welcome, fellow desert dweller :)
-ud
Thanks, desert friend! It's nice to hear there's a good amount of local people here. Whereabouts do you guys like to hang out here? There's not a whole lot of choices, but Cobra is great before 6pm. Bonus Round is fun, with an ever-changing lineup of cabs. They even have a Rhythm Tengoku cab right now!
bienvenuto amigo!
Gracias!

Whereabouts do you guys like to hang out here? There's not a whole lot of choices, but Cobra is great before 6pm. Bonus Round is fun, with an ever-changing lineup of cabs. They even have a Rhythm Tengoku cab right now!
I'm a family man, now, so I hardly go out. I know the owner of Cobra and one of the owners of Bonus Round and I've never even been to either place, lol. But if a few of us want to go meet up some day/eve for a hangout, that would be cool. I used to do that with some guys from the Shmups forum back in the day and made some great friends.
-ud

I too am a family man who just had a kid, so I dont get much extra time anymore. If you play fighting games, The Gaming Zone in tempe is a great place to meet up for casual games.

Whereabouts do you guys like to hang out here? There's not a whole lot of choices, but Cobra is great before 6pm. Bonus Round is fun, with an ever-changing lineup of cabs. They even have a Rhythm Tengoku cab right now!
I'm a family man, now, so I hardly go out. I know the owner of Cobra and one of the owners of Bonus Round and I've never even been to either place, lol. But if a few of us want to go meet up some day/eve for a hangout, that would be cool. I used to do that with some guys from the Shmups forum back in the day and made some great friends.-ud
I too am a family man who just had a kid, so I dont get much extra time anymore. If you play fighting games, The Gaming Zone in tempe is a great place to meet up for casual games.
Yeah, I totally get that. I was just married in November, and after that we went on our honeymoon, and now we're just trying to get on to the next stage of life and such. If you guys would want to meet up at Cobra or Bonus Round any time soon, let me know! It would be fun, and I'm always down. I've been to The Gaming Zone several times, as it's a pretty good spot.

Yeah, I totally get that. I was just married in November, and after that we went on our honeymoon, and now we're just trying to get on to the next stage of life and such. If you guys would want to meet up at Cobra or Bonus Round any time soon, let me know! It would be fun, and I'm always down. I've been to The Gaming Zone several times, as it's a pretty good spot.
Right on. I try to go to The Gaming Zone every other friday for the Street Fighter III casuals, so you may spot me there occasionally. Lately I've just been staying in the house and battling it out with my brother on the Candy Cabs though lol

Thanks!

Right on. I try to go to The Gaming Zone every other friday for the Street Fighter III casuals, so you may spot me there occasionally. Lately I've just been staying in the house and battling it out with my brother on the Candy Cabs though lol
Nice! We don't go as often as I'd like, but we've been meaning to start checking it out more often. We hit up the barcades a lot, specifically Bonus Round, because they have great drinks. I'm hoping to get a candy for our home, soon, so we have something fun to mess around with at the house. Definitely leaning towards a Blast City. So, we'll see!

Back