What's new
Those of you that have downloaded these please load up Warzard/Red Earth and play several games. We would like to have community help to finally call the SuperBIOS CD 100% complete.

Yeah! Why? Don't think it's cool?? :) :)

OK, no worries, I'll post one without any Darksoft logo very soon.

Is there any possibility of getting CDs with ROMS of only one region? I had my game at a show a few weeks ago, and it's a bit of a hassle for the people running the floor to have to select USA as the region.

We purposely added the Darksoft text so people don't try to sell them as an original. IMHO the text should stay. If in the future there is a way to restore keys then the original text can be used. Just my 2 cents.

Though, I wouldn't mind not having to select the region on every boot either.

I can understand the concern about bootlegs, but getting a full CPS3 set then converting it etc ain't gonna make anyone any money. I've used DSs version of 3rd strike at tournaments and no one knows the difference other than when it boots. Would be nice run a "pure" version Though.

Some time ago I had mentioned to Mitsurugi-W that there may be glitches from the last one. However, it turns out the glitch I encountered while playing does happen with no real known reason why. It mainly concerns throw breaks on command throws. Turns out it also happened on legitimate versions. Do these versions over-fix any past issues or are you trying to truely run it without the need of adding, or forcing certain behaviors?

I'm fine with the Darksoft Type as long as it does not interfere with any bit of the game. I hope to try this image on Cruzlink's setup on Tuesday permitting that he can show up (he just got himself a baby boy today.)

Thanks for keeping this project going Darksoft! I will try it out later today. Is warzard the only game that was updated?

Question: will you be issuing new CD's for the original donors to replace the one we received? I wouldn't mind donating again for a nice color label replacement.

Thanks again!!

Warzard was the only game that had an issue.

We don't have any extra labels to send out more collector's disks. It's still a collector's set as it is. Just will need to use a CD-R or SCSI2SD like me. Most collector's aren't actually USING the collector's disks so I think it's ok.

Just an FYI, but I had SF3:NG on attract mode for about two hours when the video locked up and the sound would just loop the background music continuously. I've got the Standard SH2 and latest DarkSoft BIOS. I'm also using the DarkSoft 128 MB SIMMs. The attract mode had been running for a while, and the frozen screen (I REALLY wish I had gotten a picture of it, dammit!) was on a battle between the brown colored Oro and Ryu I think? Turned the game off and turned it back on, and at first the screen was a garbled mess, but then it went normal. Turned off the game again and let it sit for a while, then turned it on and there was no sign of a problem.

I did modify the latest CD by removing the "DARKSOFT" labels on the date screens and modifying the CRC to match, so that potentially could be a source of the problem, but figure it would be safest to let the developers know.

If you have a Standard SH2, then there is no intervention done in the code to get it working as is done with the custom SH2. This must have been a problem with your mobo.

If you have a Standard SH2, then there is no intervention done in the code to get it working as is done with the custom SH2. This must have been a problem with your mobo.
That's what I was leaning towards. As I'm not a programmer, however, I just wanted to be sure. :)

I'll keep an eye on that board, as it's also a possibility now that the power supply just had a momentary voltage spike/drop that messed with calculations going on, etc. There could have been a fluctuation when something was being written to memory which would explain the junk that showed up on the screen momentarily when I power cycled. (Garbage in video RAM being displayed on screen until the video RAM is wiped away upon reboot).

The cart connector or slot cause the most problems with these in my experience. Keep your cart clean and it will improve reliability.

Yeah the cart connector is very sensitive on mine, the cart has to be seated just right otherwise black screen on boot.

Back