What's new
Another standard SH2 repro cart got a Warzard ressurected.
Need to test the game more but it seems to work flawless for now.
What a great game it is ! Thanks a lot for acheiving such a work on this process !

Not sure if this is normal, but the credit # is flickering weirdly on JOJOBA with a horizontal black line. I checked on mame and it doesn't, but that isn't always foolproof since it even states the video emulation isn't 1:1. It doesn't do this on the japanese version since they aren't set for 2 chutes.

If you have it on freeplay it won't. It only seems to affect the number of credits required number, not anything else.

Is it supposed to do that?

Load up the Euro version/USA version if you want to see it since it defaults to 2 coins is 1 credit. Put in two coins and select a character and look in the top right or top left (depending upon what player is in)

custom Sh3+Superbios is what I have.

Not sure if this is normal, but the credit # is flickering weirdly on JOJOBA with a horizontal black line.
Never seen anything like that. I'd assume it's a problem with your setup, maybe a solder gone loose a faulty chip, bad power, etc.

Just thought I would post about it. Only the number # credits which is in bold to the right has that weird black line everytime it refreshes "Insert 2 more coins".

I assume most people would change to freeplay/1 coin=1credit instead of leaving it at the default of 2 coins=1credit in USA/Euro version. Or just use the japanese version which has uncensored names and blood, and defaults to 1 coin=1 credit.

Japan region Hftf is 1 credit = 1 coin which says "please insert coin" in the top left or top right. It doesn't appear there.

Euro/USA default is 2 coins = 1 credit, which shows the "insert 2 more coins".

Just thought I would ask if anyone would try. All you need to do is load jojo HFTF , select USA region, insert two coins and select a character.

Last edited:
I'll try to remember to load mine up tomorrow, I'm on vacation with no plans, I can spare an hour or so to hook it up and flash :) Get some sweet millipede time in while I'm downstairs.

@ChuChu Flamingo - confirmed same issue on my setup. Custom SH2 Multi Bios, original (non-region-bypass) CD loaded on a SCSI2SD, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, USA version, no changes made to settings.

@ChuChu Flamingo - confirmed same issue on my setup. Custom SH2 Multi Bios, original (non-region-bypass) CD loaded on a SCSI2SD, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, USA version, no changes made to settings.
Well that is good to know. Jojos venture does it to since it uses the same text. Most people won't see it since they put it on freeplay or 1 credit=1 coin.

Warzard does it too if you set it to 2 coins 1 credit, just insert two credits to start 1player, select a character and let story play out, put in another credit. You will see the 1 do it on USA.

SF2nd impact and third strike don't do this surprisingly.

Last edited:
I suppose the next step is to reach out to people with original carts and see if they have the same thing going on.

Back