What's new
I'm not really sure how hard I'm willing to work on the endings, since frankly I don't have an interest in playing HF single player so much as using it in a versus scenario.
The only reason I can think of is in 10 years you will look back and say, "Man, I should have finished that game all the way while I was doing it..."

:D

I would love to read a writeup on the process/issues/methods behind this, tbh. Would make for fascinating reading.

I am kinda wondering why go to all the trouble for this game especially? Is there anything about hyper that is not superseded by ST or the Rom for anniversary?

I am kinda wondering why go to all the trouble for this game especially? Is there anything about hyper that is not superseded by ST or the Rom for anniversary?
Dude.... World Warrior, Champion Edition and Hyper Fighting are three of the greatest video games ever made.

Getting Hyper Fighting for free? Yes please!

hyper fighting and super turbo are drastically different gameplay wise. And anniversary edition doesn't count cuz it's just all the versions mixed into one game, which was shit imo.

Definitely, Hyper Fighting is a way different game from ST, and the 15th anniversary version not only changes things, it's got all the weird version picking, when part of the joy of HF is keeping it simple.

As he said and I've said the speed isn't going to be exactly the same and people that have officially ported other fighting games have said.

On SF2 Anniversary I've actually looked a tiny bit into it the character coding is pretty close to a copy and paste job, hitbox data is exactly the same just that data was multipled by 2 so the code didn't have to do a "add.w d?,d?" or a "lsl.w #1,d?".
As for the other problems with it like the turbo speed there is an unused turbo speed that matches ST's tournament speed.

Dude.... World Warrior, Champion Edition and Hyper Fighting are three of the greatest video games ever made.
Getting Hyper Fighting for free? Yes please!
Umm Fk yeah, I'm not gonna say no to it. I haven't from what I can recall, really played these versions even when I was a kid so I do not have any memory of any of SF2 while growing up, its only been since HDR came out that I got into it.
hyper fighting and super turbo are drastically different gameplay wise. And anniversary edition doesn't count cuz it's just all the versions mixed into one game, which was shit imo.
I am aware of this with special links and combos and glitches and stuff, all that I know is ST is the tourney preferred version.
Definitely, Hyper Fighting is a way different game from ST, and the 15th anniversary version not only changes things, it's got all the weird version picking, when part of the joy of HF is keeping it simple.
Didn't know 15th anniversary changed anything, just thought threw everything together.

I'll definitely play this to check out what I've missed out on.

Bah. Right now I trigger the main Sprite update and buffer swap on the function that places the Sprite list terminator, but that doesn't cover some special sprites (end of round text, high score table).

I might toy with triggering the Sprite list update at the start of the wait_vblank function. The only annoying part is that I won't have a pointer to the end of the original Sprite list.

I really love the Saturn version of HF (Capcom Gen 5) for one reason, a stage select lol. I really hate doing long two player battles and being stuck on the same stage, especially one with ear peircing sound effects like the damn elephants in India. Wish they would have made it at least random in the arcade.

This project sounds absolutely amazing though and I’m going to play the crap out of it!

I really love the Saturn version of HF (Capcom Gen 5) for one reason, a stage select lol. I really hate doing long two player battles and being stuck on the same stage, especially one with ear peircing sound effects like the damn elephants in India. Wish they would have made it at least random in the arcade.

This project sounds absolutely amazing though and I’m going to play the crap out of it!
One feature I want to bring in that should be easy is letting the winner select their character instead of being locked, but a stage select could be handy. I also hate being stuck on Dhalsim's stage until someone takes one for the team and intentionally loses as Dhalsim to move on.

One feature I want to bring in that should be easy is letting the winner select their character instead of being locked, but a stage select could be handy. I also hate being stuck on Dhalsim's stage until someone takes one for the team and intentionally loses as Dhalsim to move on.
I’d settle for random stage, or just going down the list one by one. Either would definitely slice things up a little and probably be way less work for you. In any case, I’m going to play the crap out of this no matter what. My CPS2 multi spends more time hooked up then anything else so I’m pumped!

If you're going to use the in game rng function add a previous stage check I could give my code I did for ST. and if you want to spice things up more you could add the WW Palettes.

Back