What's new
Might be an extraction error/copy failure or corrupt copy. I would run the extraction on your HDD. Then copy over the folder to your SD card. Eject the card in windows, then physically remove it.

I think my multi kit was from the 2nd batch (it was the very first lot of boards which had just come out with auto-reset firmware).

The games work great on it.

Not sure if this helps, but when I extracted the Punisher and SF2 Hyper archives, I went into each of the folders and I deleted the 'Key' file from each of those folders - as my firmware doesnt use the new keywriting method and I still use decrypted games.
I then went into my SD card, which has all of the games inside a main 'games' folder directory, and pasted both games in there (alongside all the other games). Not sure if a main 'games' folder is still needed in later kits/firmware.

Also not sure if the 'key' file impacts anything on older kits/firmware which dont use it, but I just got rid of the file anyway.. My guess is that it wouldnt matter if the file were there and it probably just gets ignored anyway

Did you have a spare micro SD card you could try. Maybe format a spare card, make a games folder and try copy those two games over and test?

Also don’t forget the CPS2 doesn’t sort by name but by FAT order.
So most likely both games will be at the end of your game list :)

I am probably not going to have time to update this much further, but I haven't heard of any game-breaking bugs. Can anyone comment on the speed and whether or not the default seems close enough to CPS1 HF?

"Key" won't impact older units, I haven't updated mine either.

I also added a note to the start of the thread because people kept donating money to somebody else for this mod.

I am probably not going to have time to update this much further, but I haven't heard of any game-breaking bugs. Can anyone comment on the speed and whether or not the default seems close enough to CPS1 HF?

I also added a note to the start of the thread because people kept donating money to somebody else for this mod.
Been anxious to try your conversion. Have been working on getting two identical cabs up and running at the same time so that I can run the CPS1 version and your version on the Darksoft Multi to compare them. Might be a while before I can post about it, but it is definitely something I will work on.

@mikejmoffitt I can't see your paypal information on the first post. Wouldn't hurt to put it there...
It's somewhere in the CPS1 bounty thread, but it's not that I am asking for money for it, but just asking that somebody else not be credited for my effort (and subsequently given donations, etc)

Been anxious to try your conversion. Have been working on getting two identical cabs up and running at the same time so that I can run the CPS1 version and your version on the Darksoft Multi to compare them. Might be a while before I can post about it, but it is definitely something I will work on.
Would appreciate the feedback. There are a few minor graphical bugs outside of gameplay that are low priority, but aside from that I don't know of many outstanding issues.

whaaaaaaaa

This is ridiculous, how's that?

I really, really don't know anything what's happening on this scene anymore.

This would be like just "Bullshit" some years ago, right

That's awesome. And the speed seems like running under the 12mhz cps 1 board (not that I ever saw any difference between the mobo but...), which is like... damn.

I'm almost giving money. And I don't have any money, and I can't use this too, just so you can see

I hope reincarnation does exist, because I want do that shit when I born next time, sure.

@mikejmoffitt to boot it on a real b board using eproms i need to split the qsound file? And the samples 01 and 02? I did not understand very well.Thanks for your work!

Last edited:
Back