What's new
Hey Darksoft I have a mv-1fs also, and my multi is supposed to be arriving today is there anything that you might want me to do differently then what’s been done already or just see if I get the same results. I have a unibios 3.3 and the original stock bios.
I suspect you'll have the same problems that everyone with a MV-1FS is having. I hope I'm wrong, but please let us know.
Yeah I’m having pretty much the same issues. I’ll try and play around with it more tonight after I finish work

@jassin000 - Ha - we're not far at all. I'm in Framingham. We should put our minds together on it. Send me a note and we can do some testing together.

@Darksoft - I have a 1C and have those issues mentioned, but am in NO way frustrated. Not posting looking for quick resolution, just hoping to help out. Happy to do some specific testing as well, if you'd like. I also have a 4-slot, will have to check the model.
Just saw your note re: backup ram/battery as well. I'll check it out when home and post results back. Fairly certain the battery is newer...

@noonan2678

I have an MV1C also, is this the "while flashing" stuff you see too? It's like a shadow progress bar (just remains static) and the background gets noisy lines that move around a bunch.

Not that if effects anything, but it's visible during each slot flashing.

q6a3K68_d.jpg

About button 5, AFAIK the bios cant handle 5 buttons, only 4. Just use the other 4.
I think he might be referring to when the boot menu says "S" for service.

the first time I saw it I thought it was saying button 5 also.

Actually the S means Start. ;)
Ha, yea I acutally meant "S" in my note, but I also thought it was a 5 at first too. I need to test this more as I was definitely hitting start, which indicates it's for the menu, not service. Instead of the menu, I'd just get the cart to reboot and load the slots again. I did have sufficient timer set and was hitting it in time.

To note one thing for people with HAS units, I had some custom buttons and rapid fire set. You'll want to clear all of that while testing for sure.

@ekorz - Yep, exactly that and sometimes I've had variations. Thanks for posting.

@twistedsymphony - you're not far either. We could really knock out some good testing if the three of us got together.

Last edited:
Hey Darksoft I have a mv-1fs also, and my multi is supposed to be arriving today is there anything that you might want me to do differently then what’s been done already or just see if I get the same results. I have a unibios 3.3 and the original stock bios.
I suspect you'll have the same problems that everyone with a MV-1FS is having. I hope I'm wrong, but please let us know.
Yeah I’m having pretty much the same issues. I’ll try and play around with it more tonight after I finish work
okay I might have jumped the gun a bit. I didn’t have my usual setup and it seems like my oled through my ossc running the multi cart doesn’t like the sync. And I didn’t see that the menu update had to be in 2 places. I am going to go back through this thread and see if what others with the mv- 1fs said and see if I actually have the same problems. Cause as of now my previous problems I ran into seemed fixed.

Yeah still having problems. Played a bit of magician lord (slot 1) changed to ms5 (slot 2) stuck on green error screen can’t get out of loop. Hard resets (psu) hanging initializing screens, no memory card screens, after about 10 tries finally get it to boot to menu. No games loaded and missing games from list. Hard reset again and loads with the 3 previous games, try and boot straight to slot 2 metal slug 5 and stuck on green error screen again. I’ll try some more tomorrow. Oh and by the way there’s 2 ms5 roms on my pack and I choose the first one. I’ll try it again with the second one and see if it repeats itself tomorrow.

Actually the S means Start. ;)
Ha, yea I acutally meant "S" in my note, but I also thought it was a 5 at first too. I need to test this more as I was definitely hitting start, which indicates it's for the menu, not service. Instead of the menu, I'd just get the cart to reboot and load the slots again. I did have sufficient timer set and was hitting it in time.
To note one thing for people with HAS units, I had some custom buttons and rapid fire set. You'll want to clear all of that while testing for sure.

@ekorz - Yep, exactly that and sometimes I've had variations. Thanks for posting.

@twistedsymphony - you're not far either. We could really knock out some good testing if the three of us got together.
I thought the same thing in the beginning about button 5, but for me all buttons are mostly unresponsive in that screen. Sometimes, and only sometimes they work and I can select button 1/2/3 to boot the corresponding games. Mostly it will just autoboot the game in slot 1.

I thought the same thing in the beginning about button 5, but for me all buttons are mostly unresponsive in that screen. Sometimes, and only sometimes they work and I can select button 1/2/3 to boot the corresponding games. Mostly it will just autoboot the game in slot 1.
You have to press the button before the guy finishes walking out. Once he is out there the buttons won't work.

You have to press the button before the guy finishes walking out. Once he is out there the buttons won't work.
@Sp33dFr34k are there any converters in between the joystick port and the joystick? If there are try removing them see if that changes anything.

@Sp33dFr34k, @APDWaldo6 , @OopsAllBerrys We have tried with many many motherboards and never had that problem. Can you try without any HAS or make sure that any device that could interfere with the controls is completely disabled or better removed?

About the graphic glitches while updating a slot, it's known to happen and is completely safe. It's not affecting gameplay only happens during update. The reason for that is that Text layer still takes tile data from cart instead of using bios. On some slots revisions, switching to bios tiles make it crash so we had to remove it for slots compatibility.

@Mitsurugi-w: I noticed, sometimes it actually works for me, most of the times it doens't though.
@K405: Yes, I've wired a JVS IO to my controls as well, but that's a passthrough and usually works perfectly. I can try removing it though to see if it makes a difference. One would think it would either always work or never, rather than sometimes :)
@Darksoft: I think that problem for me is related to the other problems I am having, whatever causes them. As I've noticed that when the buttons don't work and game 1 autoboots, from my memory most of the times the game will go into the exception handling error anyways.

I'll update the instructions or maybe we'll modify the menu. Basically if you boot into menu, you have 2 operating modes.

1) One is before the guy reaches the right end of the screen and starts showing the counter. Until that happens, if you press any button, it will boot to the 1st game available and if you press 1P Start it will go directly into the menu.
2) Once the guy has started showing the counter, if you press any buttton, it will go to the menu. If you leave the counter go down to zero, it will boot the 1st game available.

Yes that...
Now that the cart menu access combo has been changed to Right + Start it can be used with a HAS or RECO without triggering the button remap feature of this device.
However, it is highly recommended that you disable any autofire or strange/custom button mappings when booting (or returning to) the menu.

Question: Should every ROM in the current roll up pack have an associate image when viewing the game list? I noticed that a lot of games didn't have images when I was using mine. Just wasn't sure if that was normal or not.

Follow Up Question: The images that were there were rather low quality, IMO. I'm assuming these were full color logos that were reduced to fit within the sprite/color limitations of the MVS. I realize that currently these are built into the cart but If I wanted to work on filling in some of the gaps or making improved logos what resolution/color settings/file format should I be working with?

I have the game crash issue as well on both mv1-fz and mv1-fzs (unibios 3.2 and 3.3, sandisk and samsung microsd).
Did you have any problems with it hanging on boot, or missing games? That seems to be the other issues that both I and Sp33dFr34k ran into on ours.
No, I've had some "Initializing file system" messages which were staying on screen for more than 1 minute even after first initialization, but I can't reproduce it :)
The first time I've booted the card, some games were missing (windjammers was not there for sure), but I don't have this problem anymore :)

Even after a HAS reset, I have the green unibios error screen issue on kof 98. I've tried twinkle star sprites, and no issue with this game when @twistedsymphony has the error screen.

Back