What's new
Maybe try cleaning the pins on your mobo, like Mitsu suggested in the first post?

You mean NEO-GEO mobo? I have a slot-1 (MV-1FZ) and slot-2 (MV-2F) both give the same result.

I tried on both, original games are ok.

strange that it happens with both motherboards (specially with the 1FZ)..

Missing pixels is one of the weird "features'' of the NeoGeo hardware, for example:

https://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?t=34687

Do you have soneone close to you that could test it with another hardware? (Not just motherboard, but another supergun and other cables...)

Missing pixels is one of the weird "features'' of the NeoGeo hardware, for example:

Do you have soneone close to you that could test it with another hardware? (Not just motherboard, but another supergun and other cables...)
I tried on Votek and a HAS superguns, with different PSU's, using different SCART cables, on Samsung flatscreen + OSSC and on my Sony PVM, I can try in my Blastcity later today. I could send it to @PascalP as a last resort.

I tried on Votek and a HAS superguns, with different PSU's, using different SCART cables, on Samsung flatscreen + OSSC and on my Sony PVM, I can try in my Blastcity later today. I could send it to @PascalP as a last resort.
yeah just let me know, my multi should be delivered today, so I could do a good comparison on my MV-1FS between 2 carts.

Pixellation can happen due to SD card issues in the CPS2 multi, so that's a good place to start.

@K405 please tell us which mobo are you using, which BIOS and see if the mobo has any signs of repairs. If you can post a video of the random pixels. Can you also let us know if the pixels are static or are they moving?

Thanks.

Was planning on doing that, after picking up a new sdcard, and having some spare time, will make a report with pictures and video.

DS, Can you perhaps make a sticky post with the link to the latest FW/Menu as well as in the first post the instructions how the SDcard layout should be?

Thanks,

if we delete the 16MB "vroma0" music file from the menu folder. Will it boot faster? or stop and throw an error?
It should shave off a couple of seconds...

Received my card today! Well done on the quality on both the plastics, label, carton box and box protection. Super high quality. And the shell smells very interesting, I think it can become addictive :D . Extra kudos on the packaging compared to previous multi's bare-bone wrapping/carton, this feels very secure.

I have the same issue as K405, but not using upscalers.

I am using a MV-1FZ, which I tested with also Alpha Mission 2 (real cartridge). All JAMMA'd up into a Konami Windy. Steady 5.04v
The bios I don't know, but not a uni-bios. What info do you need from the bios specifically?

Further I use a Sandisk Ultra 16GB sdcard, freshly FAT32'd and the beta rompackage by jassin000 (could be wrong here).

The graphics error occur in the menu and slot 1 game. Slot2/3 game appear to be OK, at least I could not notice it. Pixels are static, not moving (in menu and games).
Will try to load the same game into slot2/3 and different game into slot 1 to see if the same problem appears. Also make a video, try different SD card and extra clean the mobo slot with alcohol.

Audio, gameplay and switching games works good with the testing so far.

Last edited:
Just did some extensive testing together with @PascalP, both of our MVS multi's do NOT display the missing pixel symptoms.

We did run into several issues though. Tested with a MV-1F with Unibios as well as a stock bios (unsure which one). Also tried 2 different multi's and 2 different brand SD cards (Sandisk Ultra 16GB brandnew, Kingston from Aldo). Downloaded the rom pack from SmokeMonster's archive.org and used DS's menu called menu-21012017-001.rar (I think this is the same as the other file, but the year got mistyped: "menu-21012018.rar").

1. "Error - no game found on memory card" shows up randomly. Rebooting the system helps, most of the times it will boot through to the menu.
  2. Start + stick to the right to return to the menu doesn't always work, sometimes freezes, system needs a reboot.
  3. Start + stick to the right to return to the menu sometimes works within 3 seconds, sometimes it works but after about 10-12 seconds. Wants to reboot to menu but freezes at the "Please wait" screen.
  4. After reboot the games which are saved to the 3 slots are sometimes lost and needs a reflash.
  5. Sometimes after a hard reset (meaning switching PSU off and on) system freezes at "Filesystem initializing".
  6. Random games do not appear, yesterday I'm playing Mutation Nation, the next day (nothing has changed in the setup), the game doesn't show up anymore.
  7. After rebooting, the system boots to game 1, instead of the menu (while this is selected in the settings).
  8. Sometimes a game goes into error handling (unibios 3.1), particular game is Garou Mark of the Wolves.
  9. After doing a soft reset with the unibios (A+B+C+Start) some games are not loaded and some are, this appears to be random.
  10. Going back to the menu (Start + stick to the right) does not always work, sometimes just doesn't respond.
  11. Windjammers cannot be found on both SD cards (SM's beta image has been used).
If you'd like us to do some more specific testing or need more info, let us know!

1. "Error - no game found on memory card" shows up randomly. Rebooting the system helps, most of the times it will boot through to the menu.
  2. Start + stick to the right to return to the menu doesn't always work, sometimes freezes, system needs a reboot.
  3. Start + stick to the right to return to the menu sometimes works within 3 seconds, sometimes it works but after about 10-12 seconds. Wants to reboot to menu but freezes at the "Please wait" screen.
  4. After reboot the games which are saved to the 3 slots are sometimes lost and needs a reflash.
  5. Sometimes after a hard reset (meaning switching PSU off and on) system freezes at "Filesystem initializing".
  6. Random games do not appear, yesterday I'm playing Mutation Nation, the next day (nothing has changed in the setup), the game doesn't show up anymore.
  7. After rebooting, the system boots to game 1, instead of the menu (while this is selected in the settings).
  8. Sometimes a game goes into error handling (unibios 3.1), particular game is Garou Mark of the Wolves.
  9. After doing a soft reset with the unibios (A+B+C+Start) some games are not loaded and some are, this appears to be random.
  10. Going back to the menu (Start + stick to the right) does not always work, sometimes just doesn't respond.
  11. Windjammers cannot be found on both SD cards (SM's beta image has been used).
1.Never seen this message, not even once
2.Never had this happen, not even once
3.Happened once, rebooted and it didn't happen again
4.Never had this happen, not even once
5.Happened once after flashing all three slots, a reboot fixed it hasn't happened again
6.Never had this happen, not even once
7.I assumed this was intentional operation
8.Didn't happen with Garou but Shock Troopers will do this on the highscore table (attract mode)
9.Same, accessing UniBIOS menus sometimes messes with the cart
10.Never had this happen, not even once
11.Never had this happen, not even once

what changed?
Changed? I ran the beta MVS cart on two different 1FZ motherboards and I never had that issue period.
Also NONE of the other beta testers reported this issue (that I'm aware of)...
I don't honestly know, but I'm very tempted to say this can't be related to the multi cart.

@Sp33dFr34k thanks for feedback. I'll try to reproduce these errors that you mention.

It would be good if @K405 could test his cart with your setup, so we can understand if it's a problem with the cart or the setup.

Thanks!

Back