What's new
Not sure if it's been noted but I think the MV-1A has the same voltage issue as the MV-1F/FS.

great!!! Last version fixed the last bootloop i had when inserting a credit in aerofighters2 while the neogeo intro music was playing. Now everything feels like perfect!!! :)

I think people are going to be really happy with the boot straight to game by pressing A,B or C functionality - nice work as always!

Just tried out the new menu. Looks like you've addressed everything that I had going on at least. I haven't put it through the paces yet, but so far, so good! Thanks so much, loving it!!

Also, I've read various things about clearing the VRAM with UniBios (v3.3). I tried the dip switch method and the screen only said "ram test" the whole time. Is it supposed to indicate it's complete? I waited a couple of mins, powered off, flipped them back and rebooted. It all seems ok, but not sure if it was really cleared.
This has nothing to do with the cart, of course, but any info would be awesome.

All,

Just got the cart... and I have a 4 slot MVS (full arcade game) with no mods (original bios). I know that problems with the 4 slot boards are mentioned but I thought they related to game switching or other things.

Please see the glitches I'm getting in the video below. I do not believe this relates to the contacts as they go away on certain screens and I have cleaned this motherboard such that MVS carts work perfectly pretty much the first time every slot. Can anyone please advise what my issue might be?

I've never seen glitches like these. Must be something else going on here. The glitches I mean are 3 or 4 of these lines randomly showing up.
I've documented these glitches with video too.

I see there's a new version, I'll try that before reporting anything else.

I've documented these glitches with video too.
Please link to the post where you reported that. Which mobo where you using?
Just put the latest firmware on, can confirm the white noise lines dancing all over the screen are exactly the same as before. Big red 4 slot.

Here's the original video, but it's the same now:

I've had other issues with crashes and games not loading, I just assume this cart doesn't work in a 4 slot for now.

Just reporting issues. Most of these are random except for two games. I have a MV-1FZ with unibios 3.3. I'm using the latest roll up pack downloaded off the sticky on March 30th.

1) Had some issues with 2020 Baseball Pro not having sound on 2/3 attempts. Usually it is set on slot 1. Tried a third time and it worked so not a consistent issue.
2) Last Blade 2 almost always crashes before the character select screen. Just for giggles I let it sit at the insert coin for 40-60 seconds and then started my game and I was able to go through 3 complete flights without issue. May not have anything to do with it but mentioning it.
3) Maybe 4 times out of 26 full game slot changes I had slot 3 pull up to a screen like my game hasn't been inserted properly. Most times I have no issues but If I change the games and then go back and reload the same games and in the same slots it works. It is very random. Doesn't take long to reboot the mvs and pick new games so barely worth mentioning.

Kind of sounds like just a firmware pack or two away from being perfect. Last Blade 2 is the only semi consistent glitch I am running into.

Hopefully you guys won't give up on the unibios compatibility (not counting the initial graphics corruption). I goofed. Maybe two months back i was cleaning house and not only did I throw away my original MVS bios stick but also my original tankstick buttons since I never thought I would need them again. Fingers crossed we can get it all happy with all unibios chips/latest unibios chips.

I'm using the latest roll up pack downloaded off the sticky on March 30th.
The Roll Up that you tested with does not have the latest menu update, please update and retest if that is the version you used to test with. I will have an updated Roll-Up ready soon, with the latest menu.

Not sure if it's been noted but I think the MV-1A has the same voltage issue as the MV-1F/FS.
Please elaborate. I have a MV-1A here and works flawless.
I posted this before same as Aurich:

I get lines glitching on the screen like that but only on some games. Other games work perfectly, for example: turf masters and bust a move are perfect, garou, blues journey and fatal fury have the same kind of glitching as the youtube video.

I'm running an MV-1A, 5.02V on my power supply, vega 9000dx supergun on a PVM. Setup works perfectly with CPS1/2/ST-V etc.

I just assumed it was the same issue as the MV1FS, am I wrong? I just kind of parked it waiting for an update.

Please elaborate. I have a MV-1A here and works flawless.
I just kind of parked it waiting for an update.
There is a new menu update as of April 2 and a new roll up pack as well.
:D
I formatted my SD card, put on the new Smokemonster base pack and loaded it up. The glitching is greatly reduced but still have a tiny bit. What did you change that might have reduced the glitching?

I formatted my SD card, put on the new Smokemonster base pack and loaded it up. The glitching is greatly reduced but still have a tiny bit. What did you change that might have reduced the glitching?
Are you sure you also updated to the latest Firmware? (so not just the menu)

Back