What's new
@PascalPHow do i do that? I'm a NeoGeo noob when it comes to these things

@DarksoftOh damn, probably that's it. I pulled the SD cart out too quickly before letting it copy the whole ROM pack. Too impatient.......

remove the microSD, take it to your PC, download the file from the link, unpack it and overwrite it to that folder that I told you.

@DarksoftOh damn, probably that's it. I pulled the SD cart out too quickly before letting it copy the whole ROM pack. Too impatient.......
first fix your SD card like Darksoft suggests, I would leave the bios be for now if you are not familiar with it.
But you need to remove the Unibios eprom from the motherboard and re-insert the original bios if you have one.

probably there is not even a folder called roms/menu
I've seen before these patterns when that was the case.

remove the microSD, take it to your PC, download the file from the link, unpack it and overwrite it to that folder that I told you.@PascalPHow do i do that? I'm a NeoGeo noob when it comes to these things
Yeah sorry, i was replying to Pascal. Gonna try it, let you know!

first fix your SD card like Darksoft suggests, I would leave the bios be for now if you are not familiar with it.But you need to remove the Unibios eprom from the motherboard and re-insert the original bios if you have one.
Nah i don't have the original eprom, this is the Analogue unit that came as is.

probably there is not even a folder called roms/menuI've seen before these patterns when that was the case.
Yup, confirmed.

Just received my unit. Cart looks and feels great, love the finish!

I installed the SD card and fired it up. However, i get garbled graphics in the navigation menu. The text looks fine and once i load the games to the slots, they work as they should (as far as i can tell). My contacts are clean and the cart is firmly in the slot.

I'm on a Analogue CMVS Slim with UniBios 3.2.
Try another SD card, I had exactly the same problem, turned out some cheap SD cards were dud's, I tried a known working SD card and it works 100%

The menu is held in a folder in the games folder called "menu". If it is not present the menu cannot be loaded properly. Also a lot of times when a SD card fails it loses the upper range of it's memory so it could disappear if the card is bad.

Yep, copying the whole pack fixed the issue. Everything works now, i've shouldn't be so impatient! :)

Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• IMG_5467.jpg
    IMG_5467.jpg
    792 KB · Views: 301
Yep, copying the whole pack fixed the issue. Everything works now, i've shouldn't be so impatient! :)

Thanks for the help.
you got it!

Reason why this happens is because graphics are stored in ram not in flash and need to be loaded into crom area when you power on.

Had a bit of time with this now, and it looks like I have the same problem as @Sp33dFr34kin that I formatted the SD card put the games back on and it works fine, then after about 10 mins playing the Pulstar intro it crashed, I reset the power went into the menu and more than half the games were missing. Slot 3 that previously had in Pulstar was now showing as 'empty'

I have a MVS 1F and a Kingston 16GB SD card

Had a bit of time with this now, and it looks like I have the same problem as @Sp33dFr34kin that I formatted the SD card put the games back on and it works fine, then after about 10 mins playing the Pulstar intro it crashed, I reset the power went into the menu and more than half the games were missing. Slot 3 that previously had in Pulstar was now showing as 'empty'

I have a MVS 1F and a Kingston 16GB SD card
If you reformat and reload the card does everything come back? Trying to see if something is corrupting the card.

Yes, everything comes back, I am now trying the new menu update (placed into updates folder) been on with 3 games for 25 mins, I have swapped them about and gone back into the menu several times altering setting etc. All seems fine so far, I'll leave it on for another hour and let you know

Yeah try a bunch of things and then go back to Pulstar. I'm curious to see if there is something with the way that game is set up currently that is corrupting the card.

It has done it again, I changed to Slot 2 (Shocktroopers) it worked fine but would not let me go back to the menu (right and start) eventually it let me back in and the game in slot 1 was now empty. I managed to go back into Shocktroopers but Pulstar just kept resetting, just after the Neo tune. It let me change to another slot, Shocktroopers worked fine, but I struggled to get back to the menu, when I eventually did, 2 slots were empty, so it is a gradual thing it seems. Now when I turn it on it just crashes at the Initialize screen and repeats, so the menu does not even load.

@Sp33dFr34k and myself also experienced something similar yesterday, after a game froze (not sure which one) we had to reset back to the menu and only slot 2 was still holding a game (Shock Troopers).
Without reloading slot 1 and 3, I booted slot 2 but it was just a bunch of garbled mess.
After a hard reset (power cycle), all 3 games showed in the menu again...

MV-1FZ / unibios 3.3 / SanDisk Ultra 32GB / SmokeMonster beta1

Could you explain what does "Initializing filesystem" mean.
Because, when cold booting with 3 games in slots (kof98, mslugx, wjammers for example), sometimes it takes 2 seconds, sometimes more than 1 minute.

I don't know if it's normal, but I've seen a kind of stuck game (kof98) when staying in demo mode for a while (can't say how much time precisely)
And with the same game, after let's say 25 minutes in demo mode, I got this screen
IMG_20180216_185942.jpg

On a cosmetic side, I think there is a mistake in the help screen. It says "1P Start + Right" for next game.
And when disabling animation in game list, if I let my pad down, there is a kind of pixel line which appears sometimes above the title image.

Sorry for the videos quality :(

Back