What's new
We’ve had that same unibios error screen pop up a few times as well during normal gameplay, unibios 3.1 + MV-1F.

MV-1FZ / unibios 3.3 / SanDisk Ultra 32GB / SmokeMonster beta1

Could you explain what does "Initializing filesystem" mean.
Because, when cold booting with 3 games in slots (kof98, mslugx, wjammers for example), sometimes it takes 2 seconds, sometimes more than 1 minute.

I don't know if it's normal, but I've seen a kind of stuck game (kof98) when staying in demo mode for a while (can't say how much time precisely)
And with the same game, after let's say 25 minutes in demo mode, I got this screen
IMG_20180216_185942.jpg

On a cosmetic side, I think there is a mistake in the help screen. It says "1P Start + Right" for next game.
And when disabling animation in game list, if I let my pad down, there is a kind of pixel line which appears sometimes above the title image.

Sorry for the videos quality :(
Pixel line is a known glitch. We'll fix them following a priority.

Initalizing file system is an intialization process that is done only once and creates and fills a file called BUFF in the microSD. The first time you initialize can take about 1 minute, then it should take about 2 seconds as you said. If it takes one minute after being initialized something is wrong in your setup / microSD.

We’ve had that same unibios error screen pop up a few times as well during normal gameplay, unibios 3.1 + MV-1F.
Please let me know which games make that screen pop up. Was it random or always at the same time?

@Sp33dFr34k and myself also experienced something similar yesterday, after a game froze (not sure which one) we had to reset back to the menu and only slot 2 was still holding a game (Shock Troopers).
Without reloading slot 1 and 3, I booted slot 2 but it was just a bunch of garbled mess.
After a hard reset (power cycle), all 3 games showed in the menu again...
This can happen after a game froze , probably produced by the FPGA bug, that the soft dipswitches get corrupted. When that happen can you go to service menu, delete the configuration of dipswitches and confirm if that fixes it?

Had a bit of time with this now, and it looks like I have the same problem as @Sp33dFr34kin that I formatted the SD card put the games back on and it works fine, then after about 10 mins playing the Pulstar intro it crashed, I reset the power went into the menu and more than half the games were missing. Slot 3 that previously had in Pulstar was now showing as 'empty'

I have a MVS 1F and a Kingston 16GB SD card
Pulstar is known to have a bug. Will be fixed asap.

@Sp33dFr34k and myself also experienced something similar yesterday, after a game froze (not sure which one) we had to reset back to the menu and only slot 2 was still holding a game (Shock Troopers).
Without reloading slot 1 and 3, I booted slot 2 but it was just a bunch of garbled mess.
After a hard reset (power cycle), all 3 games showed in the menu again...
@PascalP @LHantz which version of Shocktroopers are you loading?

Please let me know which games make that screen pop up. Was it random or always at the same time?
On my side it's with kof98 in slot 1 (slot 2 and 3 are empty)
I've just reproduced this unibios green error screen after 1'30"

MV-1FZ / unibios 3.3 / SanDisk Ultra 32GB / SmokeMonster beta1

Could you explain what does "Initializing filesystem" mean.
Because, when cold booting with 3 games in slots (kof98, mslugx, wjammers for example), sometimes it takes 2 seconds, sometimes more than 1 minute.

I don't know if it's normal, but I've seen a kind of stuck game (kof98) when staying in demo mode for a while (can't say how much time precisely)
And with the same game, after let's say 25 minutes in demo mode, I got this screen
IMG_20180216_185942.jpg

On a cosmetic side, I think there is a mistake in the help screen. It says "1P Start + Right" for next game.
And when disabling animation in game list, if I let my pad down, there is a kind of pixel line which appears sometimes above the title image.

Sorry for the videos quality :(
Pixel line is a known glitch. We'll fix them following a priority.
Initalizing file system is an intialization process that is done only once and creates and fills a file called BUFF in the microSD. The first time you initialize can take about 1 minute, then it should take about 2 seconds as you said. If it takes one minute after being initialized something is wrong in your setup / microSD.
Thanks for your reply.
What could be wrong in my setup/ microsd. You mean a compatibility issue with my sd card ? Something else ?

@tom5151 try without unibios and try a different microSD.

That problem with the initialization that took about 1 minute did it happen again or only once?
Try erasing the soft dipswitches from the menu service with the menu loaded and let us know if resetting it makes the 1 minute thing dissapear or the 25 min, reset.

Thanks!

@tom5151 try without unibios and try a different microSD.
The thing is I only have this unibios ;)
But I will try another microSD.

That problem with the initialization that took about 1 minute did it happen again or only once?
Try erasing the soft dipswitches from the menu service with the menu loaded and let us know if resetting it makes the 1 minute thing dissapear or the 25 min, reset.

Thanks!
Yep it happened several times this evening.
Sorry to be a noob, but I don't undersand the "Try erasing the soft dipswitches from the menu service"
When I'm in the neo multi menu, I enter in test mode, then I don't see anything in soft dipswitch slot1 multi mvs concerning erasing something.

Don’t recall the exact name of the rom version we used, but it was the original Shock Troopers

When you are in the menu, press the test button. The screens that you'll see will look like this:
http://www.culturaneogeo.com/imagenes/MVS/MVSservice.htm
Then start passing the screens pressing 1P Start until you see this one:
http://www.culturaneogeo.com/imagenes/MVS/menu/20151020_182808.jpg

Then press at the same time the 3buttons and the backup ram will be cleared. Let me know if that improves anything.

Thanks!
Not sure if there's any real difference, but I've found this method to work better: switching all dips to on, leave it run for a minute or so, then power down, flip the dips back to off.

Don’t recall the exact name of the rom version we used, but it was the original Shock Troopers
Well, you have Shock Troopers (set 1), Shock Troopers (set 2) and Shock Troopers - 2nd Squad

When you are in the menu, press the test button. The screens that you'll see will look like this:
http://www.culturaneogeo.com/imagenes/MVS/MVSservice.htm
Then start passing the screens pressing 1P Start until you see this one:
http://www.culturaneogeo.com/imagenes/MVS/menu/20151020_182808.jpg

Then press at the same time the 3buttons and the backup ram will be cleared. Let me know if that improves anything.

Thanks!
Not sure if there's any real difference, but I've found this method to work better: switching all dips to on, leave it run for a minute or so, then power down, flip the dips back to off.
Better how? No reset after 25 mins?

hmmm ok. Try the others if you can. I'll have a look as well.

When you gave me the advise earlier in this thread, it didn't work for me the way you mentioned (kept freezing at boot multiple times in a row), with the dipswitch way it booted straight after.

Might have been a coincidence though.. :)

Back