What's new
kof98 is one of the 3 games that as of today need patching to work. I believe @SmokeMonsterwill release a package soon.

What about the others?

kof98 is one of the 3 games that as of today need patching to work. I believe @SmokeMonsterwill release a package soon.

What about the others?
Garou kof98 kof2000 kof 95 kof99 kizuna funny thing you get the neo geo chime then boom red screen of death lol console moe trick still works and i forgot to mention im on unibios 4.0

Last edited:
I've tested also on unibios 4.0 and no problem there. It should work. Did you delete buff file and clear backup ram in the right order? Plmk.

I'm assuming that you have a working battery on the mobo. Can you please check that as well?

Yes I have a working battery the date and time is always accurate and my region setting always saved I’m going to format card again and start over so you want me to do flash file top file then menu and delete buff file after each one is done and clear backup ram after each is done if that’s wrong can you instruct me on the order of how I should set this up appreciate it in advance

no need to update FW and menu again if you did it properly before.

Just remove cart, power on and clear back ram from there. Without inserting back the cart, take microsd to your computer and delete buff file. Then put microsd back, cartridge in and power on.

no need to update FW and menu again if you did it properly before.

Just remove cart, power on and clear back ram from there. Without inserting back the cart, take microsd to your computer and delete buff file. Then put microsd back, cartridge in and power on.
Ok will try that again when I get home I’ll keep you posted was I ever suppose to put the menu file in update folder I just replaced it in the game folder

ohhh of course. It's explained in the thread where all FW and menu releases appear.

Copy only into /update/menu and it will automatically be copied also into /games/menu as well.

That’s where I’m screwing up ok so I’m going to format sd create 2 folders game and update put flash in update insert Sd card power on wait then do same with flash delete buff then menu delte buff and every time I take sd card to computer clear ram correct

I got excatly the same result with this new menu, still using an MV1C slot with Unibios 4.0.
I must say that I like the april menu, the way it's displayed, only new options are missing in my opinion.

@Walker8330 : which MVS slot do you use?

I got excatly the same result with this new menu, still using an MV1C slot with Unibios 4.0.
I must say that I like the april menu, the way it's displayed, only new options are missing in my opinion.

@Walker8330 : which MVS slot do you use?
mv1c unibios 4.0

I guess it's because of the MV1C... I'll try again with a MV2F I have in stock

works well here. Can you actually check in the menu which version is displayed in the about section? Are menu files deleted from folder /update/menu

all files in update gone when i update the menu from the smoke monster pack and didn't use the latest flash and top file menu worked perfect kof98 booted up but i lost ability to to back to menu then when i updated the flash and top to the latest i get red screen of death @Darksoft

i don't know whats the difference in the april menu but that one works

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_8d9.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_8d9.jpeg
    289 KB · Views: 146
  • fullsizeoutput_8d8.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_8d8.jpeg
    287.7 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
My MV1C is consolized.
I also tried with my MV2FS (first with Unibios 3.3, then I put Unibios 4.0), there is no freeze screen contrary to my MV1C (with unibios 4.0) with the last menu you uploaded, but I have a glitchy display, as shown below :

https://www.arcade-projects.com/forums/index.php?attachments/16062/img]

[img]https://www.arcade-projects.com/forums/index.php?attachments/16061/img]

[img]https://www.arcade-projects.com/forums/index.php?attachments/16059/img]

With a regular cart, there is no such glitch, and when I used a regular cart in port 2 (Viewpoint), I only had a little of this glitch on the "sammy" screen.

Attachments

• multimvs01.jpg
    multimvs01.jpg
    454.2 KB · Views: 577
  • multimvs02.jpg
    multimvs02.jpg
    275.5 KB · Views: 148
  • multimvs03.jpg
    multimvs03.jpg
    319.2 KB · Views: 589
  • multimvs04.jpg
    multimvs04.jpg
    534.4 KB · Views: 618
Last edited:
wow !!!!!! so game works on the 2slot but gets red screen of death on mv1c ?( @mpatou are you using an omega or something you made

Last edited:
Back