What's new
My guess is something got broke in the recent firmware for returning to the menu and it's causing issues with some of you (though not others?) We're working on a fix.

Do me a favor and try to play with your cart WITHOUT using the shortcut to return to menu and see if things work smoother. We have a lot of ideas to sort through so bare with us.

Will do Mitsu, I've switched out the unibios 3.1 for the stock bios, see if that makes a difference. I do have issues besides the shortcuts as listed in my previous post, but I will continue to do some testing without them :)

New timeline, changed nothing but the bios from unibios 3.1 to stock bios, did not use in game shortcuts.

MV-1F stock bios, Samsung Evo + 32GB SD.

1. First boot, all 3 slots filled with the games from my previous post
2. While trying to choose slot 2, nothing happens, I assume that slots 1/2/3 are selectable by buttons 1/2/3?
3. Second boot, still all 3 slots are filled! So far so good.
4. Trying to select game 2 again, which works this time. The game keeps hanging in some sort of boot loop though, you can see the green typical MVS screen going to the game, back to green, back to game etc.
5. Hard reboot (PSU)
6. Third boot, all games are gone, back to main menu.. :(
7. Main menu shows a random selection of games again, lots are missing
8. Despite the missing games I decided to flash 3 random ones, screen goes to black and never returns
9. Reboot, slots are filled, booting up Sengoku 3 (which previously showed the green overlay screen with the unibios)
10. After some playing, rebooted the cab. 3 slots were still filled, again the slot select does nothing, boot to menu does work
11. Kept slots 2 and 3, replaced slot 1 by Windjammers, flashed the game
12. Now Windjammers is stuck in the boot loop, which I've seen before with Metal Slug 5

I think the difference between the stock and Unibios are clear. The stock bios goes into the bootloop, the unibios goes into exception handling (the green overlay screen).

It seems really random this behaviour, can't really discover any kind of pattern. One time it boots properly, the other it does not. One time it shows all games, then it shows a partial list, the next it shows none.

If you want me to test something specifically, please let me know. I've been messing around a couple of days now, so a bit more doesn't hurt, want to help wherever I can to get this thing going.

Also, do we have a list of all bugs reported and possibly the status? There's some minor things I haven't reported yet which I don't deem that important at this point seeing the other issues I'm having. But it might be good to keep a list, so the same things don't have to be reported multiple times, and on the other hand, things get reported which you previously thought somebody else would have.

@waiwainl @t-m I think the problem might be coming from the microSD. Make sure that you put the latest menu on \games\menu

It can be found here: Darksoft's MultiMVS Latest Firmware and Instructions
Problem might have been caused by an old menu version but I 100% have the latest one now on the sd card and it's still stuck in a reset loop.
Just checking, did you delete the buffer files in the root of your sd which the multi creates?

@waiwainl @t-m I think the problem might be coming from the microSD. Make sure that you put the latest menu on \games\menu

It can be found here: Darksoft's MultiMVS Latest Firmware and Instructions
Problem might have been caused by an old menu version but I 100% have the latest one now on the sd card and it's still stuck in a reset loop.
Just checking, did you delete the buffer files in the root of your sd which the multi creates?
Yes I reformatted the card and started from scratch

We are running tests and it seems that the problem lies with the rompack. Something is wrong there. Well try to solve it asap.
let’s hope so :)

Is the posted rompack significantly different from the pack used by the beta testers?

No, I based mine on it and the ROMs should pretty much match I believe. @Darksoft is working on this now though and hopefully can set me straight :D

I also used the old menu which came with the beta pack and this didn't cause any of the graphics issues that @waiwainl and @K405 are having.

About the rom pack, that would be awesome if that's what causes our issues. Any chance we can get a hold of the pack the beta testers used like @jassin000 for example? Would love to try it out...

@SmokeMonster you know we love you no matter what :)

what i have experienced is that moving a preconfigured SD from a Multi to another Multi causes issues.. in my case menu was right but graphics/sound in games were scrambled, I cleared backup memory *and* re-added new games to the slots and then everything worked as it should.

Now I'm creating a SD with Smoke's ROMs but with new menu files. Let's see if it works (previously I used the beta-test game files)

I also used the old menu which came with the beta pack and this didn't cause any of the graphics issues that @waiwainl and @K405 are having.
Oh - I might try that one too.
I tried the menu from the beta pack with a clean formatted SD card, cleared 'backup memory'. Still the same graphical errors.

EXTRA BUG: MV-2F, Menu 21012018, beta-pack, 3 games loaded, switched to game #3: "androgun", played 3 minutes and it REBOOTed (first time you encounter the ground worms). I played further, but didn't happen again in this state.

Last edited:
what i have experienced is that moving a preconfigured SD from a Multi to another Multi causes issues.. in my case menu was right but graphics/sound in games were scrambled, I cleared backup memory *and* re-added new games to the slots and then everything worked as it should.

Now I'm creating a SD with Smoke's ROMs but with new menu files. Let's see if it works (previously I used the beta-test game files)
Lets see what you can find. I think that it may be a problem with the FPGA files inside the games folders.

@waiwainl yeah that's what I thought.. :(

@deibit that would be a great test. If it is the rompack, you should be having similar issues.. which motherboard do you have?

@Darksoft a user here @Synergy reported he hasn't run into any issues after several hours of playing with the same rompack. Afaik he has the Analogue CMVS.

Lets see what you can find. I think that it may be a problem with the FPGA files inside the games folders.
But not the garbled menu, as that is not generated by Smoke's scripts.

But not the garbled menu, as that is not generated by Smoke's scripts.
Well, once things start going south, the FPGA can enter into one state that can cause many unexpected troubles.

Let's see what else @deibit can find out.

Back