What's new
The game select button on your cabinet does not select the game on the multi cart. You switch the game on the multicart buy holding left or right and start for three seconds. On a multi slot this will usually cause it to switch to the next cart in the motherboard (unless the multi is the only cart) but the next time you come around to the multi cart the next game will play.

The game select button on your cabinet does not select the game on the multi cart. You switch the game on the multicart buy holding left or right and start for three seconds. On a multi slot this will usually cause it to switch to the next cart in the motherboard (unless the multi is the only cart) but the next time you come around to the multi cart the next game will play.
Seriously? I would love a little more credit from you then this.... I fully understand how the board and cart are to work... however, when it comes around to the next cart in on the motherboard and it is the DS-Multi it just fails to load any game pre-selected in virtual slot 2 or three. I would have to have virtual slot 1 pre-selected for it to load the game. I am not asking for it to cycle through the virtual slots (but that would be super cool if it did too), I just wanted to load correctly the pre-selected game.

• Dislike
Reactions: rae
Hmm. Sorry. I didn't understand what you were saying.

Ok. So let's try taking every other cart out of the multi slot pcb but the multi so we can try to pinpoint the problem. Let's see if it's cycling to the other virtual slots properly at all.

Hmm. Sorry. I didn't understand what you were saying.

Ok. So let's try taking every other cart out of the multi slot pcb but the multi so we can try to pinpoint the problem. Let's see if it's cycling to the other virtual slots properly at all.
Yep. Just tried the DS-Multi in the 4 slot by it self and it works great on all three V-Slots.

Ok. So the multi cart is working as expected. The multi slot pcbs are picky about which slots the carts are put in. We used to have to rearrange the order of carts when we added a new game because some games would not work in a specific order. Really weird. Start adding one cart at a time until it happens again.

Ok. So the multi cart is working as expected. The multi slot pcbs are picky about which slots the carts are put in. We used to have to rearrange the order of carts when we added a new game because some games would not work in a specific order. Really weird. Start adding one cart at a time until it happens again.
Okay, just tried it and here are the results:

[DS Mutli MVS] = Works fine (and runs all V-slots) as expected.

[DS Mutli MVS] + [Normal Game] = Works fine (and runs all V-slots) as expected.

[DS Mutli MVS] + [Normal Game] + [Normal Game] = Same Issue (it will hang for 30 secs or reboot)

[DS Mutli MVS] + [Normal Game] + [Normal Game] + [Normal Game] = Same Issue (it will hang for 30 secs or reboot)

Also tried putting the DS Multi MVS in slot 2, and 4 with other games around it and received the same issues.

It looks like it is game related only (so far).
I moved Fatal Fury Special into Virtual Slot One and it will load once off the DS Multi MVS menu, but on the next game select rotation it just reboots over and over again.

Which regular carts are you using in which slots? I dont believe anything is wrong with your multi cart but I do think there is some interference happening due to some regular cart.

I can try to reproduce it when I return from Japan. I only have a four slot for testing but havent encountered your issue yet.

Which regular carts are you using in which slots? I dont believe anything is wrong with your multi cart but I do think there is some interference happening due to some regular cart.

I can try to reproduce it when I return from Japan. I only have a four slot for testing but havent encountered your issue yet.
I am doing something to help you guys and the community too. I am going through each game and putting a list together of the results of each game loading and running. I am half way through right now.

But for your testing.... I have the DS Multi MVS in slot one, US Metal Slug X in slot two, and US Samurai Showdown in slot three.

Last edited:
Is it normal that under the save states management, SLOT 7 is listed as “not usable”?
Making sure it’s not an issue with my MVS.

Hi guys, sorry to bother, just a couple of quick infos: I am considering Darksoft MultiMVS and I read throught the topic and I'm not sure if the issues stated in the first post (games, Unibios) are software-related (therefore solvable, no matter when, no rush) or hardware related.

if it's the first, I'll place the order. :)

Thanks to everybody for your effort, love this community!

Hi guys, sorry to bother, just a couple of quick infos: I am considering Darksoft MultiMVS and I read throught the topic and I'm not sure if the issues stated in the first post (games, Unibios) are software-related (therefore solvable, no matter when, no rush) or hardware related.

if it's the first, I'll place the order. :)

Thanks to everybody for your effort, love this community!
Yes, all the issues (of the few left. Make sure you check here:

Darksoft's MultiMVS Latest Firmware, Menu and Instructions

maybe a stupid question but whan I launch a game I have this:

img_2149.jpg

how to fix it please?

Back