What's new
***EDIT - all the below sorted now, every issue I was having (including one where it was restoring to default settings every power cycle on one of my one slots and not the other) was to do with the firmware updates - fixed it by just doing it all again from scratch.**
Can you post the steps that you took from scratch?

:D

Good afternoon,
I have a problem with Darksoft multi. After about an hour of use, the card freezes while writing the roms. The card will work again only if you turn it off and let it cool for about 5-10 minutes. I tried with two different cards and two different SD cards with different firmware but it always gives me the same problem. I use a consolized mvs unibios 4.0 that works well with all the other mvs I've tested over time. Anyone has any idea what the problem may be?
Thanks
Best regards

A consolized MVS can be problematic if not properly done or if PSU is not powerful enough. Can you please send 2-3 pictures of your setup?

Thanks.

A consolized MVS can be problematic if not properly done or if PSU is not powerful enough. Can you please send 2-3 pictures of your setup?

Thanks.
I have tested this consolized with Marco, it seems everyghint ok, 5.1v on 5v line power on with cart, power supply is a 5V - 4A

what can be else?

I have changed the cart and also the Microsd, everything works correctly for 20-40 minutes then if you try to change games in slot still remains on black screen

Hi Aldo, so if you have tried, then you probably have tried the cart in a regular MVS motherboard Is it behaving the same? Also black scren after 20-40 min?

Regarding the problem with flashing ROMs I was talking about a few posts ago, I can confirm it's still there, even when using another MVS board with a proper arcade PSU (via HAS Supergun).
I checked with Aldo (very kind and professional) and we decided not to opt for a card change for now because it is probably a FW problem.
I'll wait for future updates, If developers need any help I'd be glad to help (just send a PM).

hi,
I have problem to play fatal fury 2 with my mvs darksoft because you can't get past second meeting.I have last firmware (july) and last menu'.How I solve this problem?king regards.

hi,
I have problem to play fatal fury 2 with my mvs darksoft because you can't get past second meeting.I have last firmware (july) and last menu'.How I solve this problem?king regards.
Please don't double post. Posting in one thread should be enough. If needed we will move the post to the right thread.

The problem that you mentioned was fixed with a patched version. Please make sure that you use that version. I believe that it was included in the latest pack from @SmokeMonster

Ok, I downloaded the neo geo roll 3.1 package. Now I have to insert it in the micro sd instead of the old one?

Ok, I downloaded the neo geo roll 3.1 package. Now I have to insert it in the micro sd instead of the old one?
yes, the multi cart is pretty advanced, but not advanced enough to stream the roll up pack from your PC ;)

delete the old files and copy the new to the SD, also make sure you have the latest FW and menu files :)

I'm not sure if this has already been addressed so aia but I when I got my cart I was getting the file system not ready randomly and other errors. It turned out the rollup file included a menu folder that is OOD and not matching the latest system update. If anyone sees this and you obtain a games folder from any source I'd recommend you check that you dont already have a menu folder in it. delete delete delete.

As for myself. I'm on a 4 slot and the only issue I have on the current system is that I'll set it to autoboot to game on startup but itll lose that setting randomly and boot to the game choice menu. I never blew out the microsd after upgrading from a US MV1B to the 4 slot so gonna try that, unless this is a known issue?

Love the cart overall though!

Back