What's new
I don’t really want to mess with the pcbs and soldering - might make it worse...

Is there anyone I can send it to to get fixed? If it’s the SD card slot that seems like it should be easily resolved? Does the case even come off easy?

I don’t really want to mess with the pcbs and soldering - might make it worse...

Is there anyone I can send it to to get fixed? If it’s the SD card slot that seems like it should be easily resolved? Does the case even come off easy?
Contact @Mitsurugi-w - the starter of this thread for help with this.

:D

Did we ever get support for changing games via the mvs select game button? Either via a pinout or something in the firmware.

It's a simple operation to check the soldering of the microSD slot, check for proper contact and replace if needed. I'm sure any local shop could do that. I'm not sure now who in the UK could do that for you. If you can't find anyone you can send it to me.

So I got a Japanese Neo Geo, I got Dark Soft's AES Multi cart. I have not been able to get it running or play any games what so ever. So the first thing I tried was formatting the SD card to FAT32 which when I do that my computer tells me the SD card does not have enough space for the 5Gig of files including the menu update and games. I'm pulling my hair out because it seems like I'm the only one experiencing this problem. Also I should note that after several attempts of putting the multi cart in the neo geo all I get is a blue screen which from what I understand means that there is no cart inserted. There was one time when I got a black screen and thats when I inserted the SD card with games and update but nothing happened. That was before I decided to format the SD to FAT32 and now even when I format the card back to exFAT it still says that I do not have enough memory on my card even though I have nothing on it. I tried a new and different card, this one was 32gb and it tells me the same thing. I can't finds anything online that can tell me what I'm doing wrong or for that matter a video online that guides you through the set up process for the cart. I have an everdrive for my SNES, NES, and Genesis and followed the videos and instructions with no problems. This seems to be my white whale and the source of all my frustrations. I spent damn near 1k getting a neo geo AES and getting the AES multi cart only to be stuck with a problem that no one else seems to be experiencing. Tell me I'm not alone and someone is having the same issues as me?

Last edited:
I can't finds anything online that can tell me what I'm doing wrong or for that matter a video online that guides you through the set up process for the cart.
I can help you with the setup process.

First of all, the card has to be formatted as FAT32 - exFAT isn't supported AFAIK. Download and use GUIFormat from here to format the card:
https://softpedial.com/download-guiformat.html

When you format the card, make sure you use the largest cluster size (64k).

Once the card is formatted, download the latest firmware and menu from here:
Darksoft's MultiAES. Latest Firmware, Menu and Instructions

Make a new folder named "update" in the root of the SD card and extract the firmware and menu files you just downloaded into the "update" folder.

Now for the games. Download the Smokemonster Neo Geo Rollup Pack from here:
Neo Geo Roll-Up Pack: All ROMs for the MVS & AES Multis

Extract the files to the SD Card. The games will all be in a folder named "games" in the root of the SD card.

Insert the SD card into your Darksoft AES Multi cart. Plug it into your AES console and turn the power on.

You will see a scrambled screen for about 30 seconds while the firmware updates. Wait it out, and eventually the system will restart and the Multi will set itself up for the first time.

Eventually it'll boot into the Multi menu. You can read all about the various menu options in the manual for the Multi that you can download here:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/2lpkr64d7a5ltyl/Neogeo_Instructions_v2.0.pdf/file

Setup the options as you like them, assign some games to the slots, play the games and enjoy! :thumbsup:

Hi, i bought a MV1B and i can´t make it work with the DS MVS. In my 2 other MVS boards is ok. I havent been in touch with DS MVS cart updates in some time, but i downloaded today the latest Firmware and menu and it worked fine in my 2 slots, so i believe im having some incompatibility with the MV1b. the MV1b is working fine as i tested with some original mvs carts. Thank you.

The Multi cart needs more power than a regular cart. Make sure you’re reading at least 5.0V, and if it still doesn’t work then, try nudging the power supply up to 5.05V or 5.1V

Dont push it that high. 5.1V should be enough. Can you send some pictures of the MV1B motherboard from both sides? Which BIOS do you have? Is the microSD slot working well in your opinion? Take it back to another mobo to be 100% sure that it's still working please.

What’s the voltage reading showing on the MV1B?
4.97V. I will try 5.1V.
No go. I tried as high as 5.2V and nothing. It freezes in "checking games".
This is how you fry your games.

Most components expect 5v and have a 20% tolerance for variation in that current (meaning they should, while in good working order, work within 0.1v of 5.0v.).

Going above 5.1v means you're at risk of ruining various components. Or already have.

Just really don't do it in the future with any arcade hardware (unless someone specifically mentions it needs higher voltages, like some Midway titles). You'll save yourself a lot of heartache and money.

Back