What's new
Awesome! Keen to get it back on track, let me know if you want some testing done before it’s released.

I have the same issue as djsheep.

In my case the problem is fixed when I change the slot and then I turn back.

Hello, I've been trying to update my MVS and now it never boots and just goes to the convergence image. I'm digging through the forums and can't quite figure out what to try next. It did work for years fine but for all intents and purposes it is almost like it is bricked now.

Thanks

Edit: Spoke to soon. Now I got it to work but some of the graphics aren't working correctly. I added a link to a photo of what it's doing.

Edit 2: found an older post about an issue with the menu but everything looks fine in the \games\MENU and seem to be the new versions. Also, game folders are in \games and this sd card and cart worked before I tried updating it.

Last edited:
I’m not sure how I would have done that but should I fix it by updating the menu again or deleting the top in games/menu and then copying in the MVS?

Thanks for the response, I appreciate the advice.

Awesome! Keen to get it back on track, let me know if you want some testing done before it’s released.
got the exact same problem here (white pixles/lines artifacts) really interested to try the new fw!

I haven't updated my MVS multi in a while, but i've put on the latest fw and menu and now i'm not getting any sound. Also not getting any sound in the menu and if I go to select music it flashes up 'Z80 error'. However i've tested with a regular cart and sound is working fine with that.

I will admit I accidentally flashed the AES fw on X/ but have since flashed it with the correct MVS fw.

I'm using an MVS 2 slot. Any ideas?

Attachments

• mvs z80.jpg
    mvs z80.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 253
  • mvsabout.jpg
    mvsabout.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 244
I will admit I accidentally flashed the AES fw on but have since flashed it with the correct MVS fw.
Did you reflash again both files TOP and flash.img and the corresponding menu as well? I think you forgot the menu.

Did you reflash again both files TOP and flash.img and the corresponding menu as well? I think you forgot the menu.
Yes i reflashed the flash.img, then the top file then the menu. All disappeared from the update folder so I assume worked ok.
The AES version had a cpld file however and there wasn't one of those in the MVS fw.

Try this CPLD and see if it helps. If it doesnt, then it's probably a bad contact between cart and motherboard.

Attachments

• cpld.zip
    1.9 KB · Views: 303
Back