What's new
@Darksoft

So I made a bit of a rookie mistake and figured it out. It was actually the NVRAM... I cleared it from the proper menu (which was not what I was doing before) and everything is golden now.

Sorry about that! So it was indeed the NVRAM. I also realized this was happening to games outside of the Multi-Cart as my real copy of Garou did the same exact thing (which makes sense).

I attached a picture of what was happening for reference.
Thanks for the pic and...glad to hear you got it working :thumbsup:

@Darksoft

So I made a bit of a rookie mistake and figured it out. It was actually the NVRAM... I cleared it from the proper menu (which was not what I was doing before) and everything is golden now.

Sorry about that! So it was indeed the NVRAM. I also realized this was happening to games outside of the Multi-Cart as my real copy of Garou did the same exact thing (which makes sense).

I attached a picture of what was happening for reference.
Thanks for the pic and...glad to hear you got it working :thumbsup:
It was the same for me.
It is not clear at all that you cannot delete NVRAM from the menu of the Multi but ONLY from the menu service of the slot for arcade newbies (or even hardcore gamers who just want to play the maximum of their time and don't really care about the rest).
@Darksoft, I think, with all humility, that you can gain a lot of time with the next batch, explain a bit more on the dedicated thread how to update the menu, what is a firmware and where put it on the menu with screenshots for example.
Thank you for your work, this Multi is just fantastic.

I think, with all humility, that you can gain a lot of time with the next batch, explain a bit more on the dedicated thread how to update the menu, what is a firmware and where put it on the menu with screenshots for example.
We all need to start some place in this hobby, no one is born a arcade/computer master.

That being said...
If you don't know what a firmware is, understand what the menu is (and why it's different from the firmware) your going to need more help than a single dedicated thread can provide.

When I say "goto the store and get a carton of eggs" would you also ask that I include a drivers road manual, explaining how to operate a motor vehicle? ?(
Of course not, somethings you just are expected to know on your own, and if you don't you learn (on your own).

I don't think it's a lack of explanation on Darksoft's part, but a lack of understanding what's involved on your end.
Ask and we'll try to help you out as a community as best we can. :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
@Darksoft, I think, with all humility, that you can gain a lot of time with the next batch, explain a bit more on the dedicated thread how to update the menu, what is a firmware and where put it on the menu with screenshots for example.
Thank you for your work, this Multi is just fantastic.
You are very right. I'll do that for clarity's sake.

I don't think it's a lack of explanation on Darksoft's part, but a lack of understanding what's involved on your end.
Ask and we'll try to help you out as a community as best we can.
I'll do that Menu User's guide. It can only help I think. :thumbup:

Ask and we'll try to help you out as a community as best we can. :thumbsup:
Of course it's my fault.
But the more copies of the Multi will be spread, the more people can misinterpret basic rules for computer scientists. Remember too that language can be an additional problem.
Thank you for your time.

I'll do that Menu User's guide. It can only help I think.
DS is a good guy, he'll do the work to help clear up the confusion.

It's not about fault at all, just trying to point out that in the world of directions/tutorials, as a writer where do you draw the line in your explanations?
You had to get out of bed this morning, I guess a "truly complete" set of directions would include that step as well. ;)

What's the current status with multi slot boards? I'm still seeing random pixel issues with my 4 slot that don't show up on a 1 or 2 slot.
To my knowledge all testers reported these are gone. Did you apply the 4M trace cut? Which exact model do you have?
Yes I have done the trace cut in the cart. I have a 'NEO-MVH SLOT4' - the older model with all the 74 series logic on the top board.
@t-m I'm not sure if you have the latest Top file. I've updated the 1st post here with the right info: Darksoft's MultiMVS Latest Firmware, Menu and Instructions
Can you please test it and get back to us.

Sorry @Darksoft I only got around to trying it. I've updated the firmware and the top file (both disappeared from the update folder so assume all worked ok). Unfortunately there are still some pixel glitches on my 4-slot that are not present on my 1 or 2 slot.

Hi Darksoft - got my MultiMVS tonight!!! :)

Having some issues - I have a MVF-1A, with unibios 4.0. I read through the first 10 pages or so and thought I would just post - it will be quicker... are there issues with this unibios? I don't have the original BIOS, so if need be - will have to order an original BIOS.

The issue I am having is that there are no graphics on the menu - I posted a pic.. and when I manage to get in and select a game, on the boot up screen no "Neo Geo" and the graphics are just mostly missing on the games.

I have an original Samurai Showdown that works perfectly on the motherboard - so I know it's functional. I have updated the TOP and firmware and am using the april menu.

firmware revision: 0x03b2
firmware build: 0x3e7d
menu build date: april 1, 2018

Thanks!

Matt

Attachments

• IMG_0636.jpg
    IMG_0636.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_0637.jpg
    IMG_0637.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_0638.jpg
    IMG_0638.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_0639.jpg
    IMG_0639.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 184
Smokemonsters - Darksoft Neo Geo Base Pack 2018-04-02

I have tried two different SD cards as well - a sandisk 8gb and a 32gb samsung.

Matt

maybe that rompac has the wrong menu inside. Please download the latest menu and copy it into /update/menu to make a menu update. If the update was done successfully the files will be deleted.

Let us know how it goes.

I am pretty sure i did that - but let me give it another shot.

Give me 10 minutes.

Thanks!

Matt

OK - I copied the contents of "menu" from the file "menu_20180404-A" to /udpate/menu. Fired it up - it looks like the menu update worked... the /updates/menu directory was gone, and it copied the contents over to games/menu

But - same issue.

Matt

can you show me the structure of your /games/folder ?

Did you use a PC or a mac to copy the files?

I used a PC.

In the root of the SD card is

games <DIR>
update <DIR>
BUFF

under games there are directories for each game which include "crom0, fpga, m1rom, prom, srom, vroma0" files....

there is also a "MENU" directory under games

in the update directory, there is nothing.

Back