Pinned Darksoft Neo Multi Help thread

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Sbeehive wrote:

@Darksoft

So I made a bit of a rookie mistake and figured it out. It was actually the NVRAM... I cleared it from the proper menu (which was not what I was doing before) and everything is golden now.

Sorry about that! So it was indeed the NVRAM. I also realized this was happening to games outside of the Multi-Cart as my real copy of Garou did the same exact thing (which makes sense).

I attached a picture of what was happening for reference.
      Thanks for the pic and...glad to hear you got it working :thumbsup:
      * Arcade-projects, the site where you get the most of your arcade games.
      * If you want Drama go to Neo-Geo forum ---Darksoft
    • Darksoft wrote:

Sbeehive wrote:

@Darksoft

So I made a bit of a rookie mistake and figured it out. It was actually the NVRAM... I cleared it from the proper menu (which was not what I was doing before) and everything is golden now.

Sorry about that! So it was indeed the NVRAM. I also realized this was happening to games outside of the Multi-Cart as my real copy of Garou did the same exact thing (which makes sense).

I attached a picture of what was happening for reference.
      Thanks for the pic and...glad to hear you got it working :thumbsup:
      It was the same for me.
      It is not clear at all that you cannot delete NVRAM from the menu of the Multi but ONLY from the menu service of the slot for arcade newbies (or even hardcore gamers who just want to play the maximum of their time and don't really care about the rest).
      @Darksoft, I think, with all humility, that you can gain a lot of time with the next batch, explain a bit more on the dedicated thread how to update the menu, what is a firmware and where put it on the menu with screenshots for example.
      Thank you for your work, this Multi is just fantastic.
    • GameOver wrote:

I think, with all humility, that you can gain a lot of time with the next batch, explain a bit more on the dedicated thread how to update the menu, what is a firmware and where put it on the menu with screenshots for example.
      We all need to start some place in this hobby, no one is born a arcade/computer master.

That being said...
      If you don't know what a firmware is, understand what the menu is (and why it's different from the firmware) your going to need more help than a single dedicated thread can provide.

When I say "goto the store and get a carton of eggs" would you also ask that I include a drivers road manual, explaining how to operate a motor vehicle? ?(
      Of course not, somethings you just are expected to know on your own, and if you don't you learn (on your own).

I don't think it's a lack of explanation on Darksoft's part, but a lack of understanding what's involved on your end.
      Ask and we'll try to help you out as a community as best we can. :thumbsup:
      Darksoft: CPS3, ST-V, CPS2, F3, MVS
      RGB: RECO v2, HAS v3

[genesis] [segacd] [saturn] [dreamcast_ss] [nes-101] [snes] [n64] [gamecube] [pce] [pcecd] [psx]

The post was edited 1 time, last by jassin000 ().

• GameOver wrote:

@Darksoft, I think, with all humility, that you can gain a lot of time with the next batch, explain a bit more on the dedicated thread how to update the menu, what is a firmware and where put it on the menu with screenshots for example.
      Thank you for your work, this Multi is just fantastic.
      You are very right. I'll do that for clarity's sake.
    • jassin000 wrote:

I don't think it's a lack of explanation on Darksoft's part, but a lack of understanding what's involved on your end.
      Ask and we'll try to help you out as a community as best we can.
      I'll do that Menu User's guide. It can only help I think. :thumbup:
    • jassin000 wrote:

Ask and we'll try to help you out as a community as best we can. :thumbsup:
      Of course it's my fault.
      But the more copies of the Multi will be spread, the more people can misinterpret basic rules for computer scientists. Remember too that language can be an additional problem.
      Thank you for your time.
    • Darksoft wrote:

I'll do that Menu User's guide. It can only help I think.
      DS is a good guy, he'll do the work to help clear up the confusion.

It's not about fault at all, just trying to point out that in the world of directions/tutorials, as a writer where do you draw the line in your explanations?
      You had to get out of bed this morning, I guess a "truly complete" set of directions would include that step as well. ;)
      Darksoft: CPS3, ST-V, CPS2, F3, MVS
      RGB: RECO v2, HAS v3

[genesis] [segacd] [saturn] [dreamcast_ss] [nes-101] [snes] [n64] [gamecube] [pce] [pcecd] [psx]
    • New

t-m wrote:

Darksoft wrote:

t-m wrote:

What's the current status with multi slot boards? I'm still seeing random pixel issues with my 4 slot that don't show up on a 1 or 2 slot.
      To my knowledge all testers reported these are gone. Did you apply the 4M trace cut? Which exact model do you have?
      Yes I have done the trace cut in the cart. I have a 'NEO-MVH SLOT4' - the older model with all the 74 series logic on the top board.
      @t-m I'm not sure if you have the latest Top file. I've updated the 1st post here with the right info: Darksoft's MultiMVS Latest Firmware, Menu and Instructions
      Can you please test it and get back to us.