What's new
See the weird debugging thing going on in the top right of screen? Is this something I have enabled somehow?

It just kind of cycles Range=1, Range=OK.

range.PNG
=O Never seen anything like that. you must have activated a debug or developer mode. Are you using the latest version of the firmware/menu? Happens only in this game?
I was making a video to show the weird minor glitching I get after the latest menu update and somehow I triggered this weird debug. This is on an MV-1FS, 5.0V. I have all the latest menu, top and firmware and have cut the trace to fix the noise issues. I get random black bars and flickering towards the top of the screen occasionally too.

EDIT: also for some reason it keeps initializing my file system after each reboot, is that normal?

Video here:

The main purpose of the video was to show you this thing that happens after the latest update, happens in lots of games when transitioning between menus:

Capture.PNG

Hi everyone,

Like most here, my friend received his cart 2 weeks ago, sent it over to me so I can update it (flash, image and menu) and load it up, I tested it in my MV-1FZ with HAS Supergun, everything was great. Loaded up 3 games, switched between the 3 and even with Unibios 4 and a garbage logo on first boot, everything was great.

However when my friend went back home and tried it in his 4-slot MVS with Unibios, he got this error message and game won't boot :

So he put in his 2-slot board with factory BIOS, but games keep resetting. I told him to erase both BUFF from the microSD and do a Clearn NVRAM from the crosshatch menu, which he said he did but didn't change anything, game seems to boot up partially but reset everytime. Here is a video :

Any ideas on what to try next ?
Thanks. :)

Did you try upping the 5v line up a bit to see if thats it? The Darksoft cartridge takes a bit more power than the regular cartridge.

Did you try upping the 5v line up a bit to see if thats it? The Darksoft cartridge takes a bit more power than the regular cartridge.
Make sure you don't go higher than 5.05V. In most cases if it's a power problem, you'd expect a value of 4.7-4.8V on the edge connector.

However when my friend went back home and tried it in his 4-slot MVS with Unibios, he got this error message and game won't boot :
We've been playing it with several 4-slot without that issue. Have you checked if the mobo is working properly using regular carts? Can you check if the connectors are clean (sometimes insert+remove the cart 3-4 times would do the job)
I told him to erase both BUFF from the microSD and do a Clearn NVRAM from the crosshatch menu, which he said he did but didn't change anything, game seems to boot up partially but reset everytime.
I doubt it's that, but are you sure that you are properly following the procedure as described here: Darksoft's MultiMVS Latest Firmware, Menu and Instructions

* Extract microsd and copy the new menu files in the /update/menu folder
* Delete BUFF File
* Turn MVS on without cartridge and delete NVRAM.
* Insert cart with new menu and wait for it to update and reset (about 20 secs)

@Darksoft the menu file is the latest one from the other thread, but does this process have to be redone if you swap motherboards ? I'll try that later. Thanks!

does this process have to be redone if you swap motherboards ?
You should probably delete the "buff" file in the root of the SD card, and clear the NVRAM of the new board.
Everything else should be AOK (ie no need to copy the menu over again).

The main purpose of the video was to show you this thing that happens after the latest update, happens in lots of games when transitioning between menus:
You are not clearing NVRAM, properly. As the message on the screen says PRESS B to clear NVRAM and you'll get a window confirming that it all went OK.

You are not clearing NVRAM, properly. As the message on the screen says PRESS B to clear NVRAM and you'll get a window confirming that it all went OK.
Cheers. I went through and retested all last night and made a new video.
-Tweaked my voltage up a to 5.08 (seemed to have dropped below 5 again)
-Replaced my motherboard battery
-Cleared NVRAM properly

Fixed most of the stuff. New video:

Still with the weird flash of static - this is new since the menu update.

FF_Test2.PNG

Also check out the little glitch that happens on the menu from

Still with the weird flash of static - this is new since the menu update.
Maybe ignore me for now... Got an original Fatal Fury cart and it's doing the static now. I have no idea why :(

Spent some time with multicart today, I've got a Neo Geo MV-1ACH with stock bios, but I haven't cut the trace.

I'm getting red dots and interference/glitching on some games which is also on the menu.

I first noticed it severely in Eightman and Puzzle Bobble 2. I'll take photos later, but it's basically red pixel dots in the bottom quarter / top quarter of the screen. Matrimelee also seems bug out after some time and is just a jumbled mess. I've tried reformatting my SD and am on the latest firmware.

So, is this what's known as the "power glitch" issue? I tried searching the forum and it wasn't explained exactly what the symptoms were.

My menu also glitches still when I move up and down on the game list, but I understand this is still a menu problem, and not anything to do with the cart or its main software. Thanks for any help. Cheers.

My menu also glitches still when I move up and down on the game list, but I understand this is still a menu problem, and not anything to do with the cart or its main software.
That's right. It's a menu issue.

I'm getting red dots and interference/glitching on some games which is also on the menu.
​​This matches the glitches if you didnt cut the trace.

Matrimelee also seems bug out after some time and is just a jumbled mess
We know about it and will be fixed in the next release. It's emulation protection related.

Thanks for the to-the-point reply @Darksoft -- going to carefully read the instructions and cut the trace this weekend...

So he put in his 2-slot board with factory BIOS, but games keep resetting. I told him to erase both BUFF from the microSD and do a Clearn NVRAM from the crosshatch menu, which he said he did but didn't change anything, game seems to boot up partially but reset everytime.
Just out of curiosity how tight does the cart fit in the 2 slot board? Mine is a lot looser fit in the 2 slot than my mv-1fs and mv-1b and i don't know if thats a general 2 slot thing (being loose) or if my 2slot was used with a thick cart in the past before i got it that widened out my slot. I also only seem to have these issues on my 2slot board (mv-2fs).

@Flain 2 slot board connection is very good.

@Darksoft OK I tried resetting the Menu from scratch, seems everything went well and I can boot up games first try now. But I will also need to find replacement batteries for both my MVS boards as well. Thanks for the help.

@Flain 2 slot board connection is very good.

@Darksoft OK I tried resetting the Menu from scratch, seems everything went well and I can boot up games first try now. But I will also need to find replacement batteries for both my MVS boards as well. Thanks for the help.
Glad that you got it working.

Hi
I've tested some games. The multi cartridge is awesome, thanks to all the people involved on this.

By the moment I found an issue with World Heroes 2. The game resets randomly. Always reset at the same point, in the VS screen. The screen turns black and the game reset.
The slot doesn't matter, It reset on slot 1, 2 or 3rd slot.

The other thing what I found is not an issue, but Sengoku 3 sometimes appears in english and sometimes in japanese. My MVS mobo is a MV1FZS with original english bios. I've change the region in the menu of the multi but Isee it doesn't works with any game I've tested, but with Sengoku 3 is weird.

Last edited:
I finally have a solid working Neo Geo Motherboard after a lot of fussing around with various dodgy eBay folk. The cart definitely works properly now and the main issues I was having previously were definitely related to the Motherboard and not the multi.

I do have a few minor issues still (and yes, I actually re-read all 59 pages of this thread today):

MY SETUP: MV-1F Motherboard tested with both Stock and Unibios 3.2. Trace has been cut on the cart. The cart's firmware and menu are both the latest. However I * DO NOT* have a battery so it returns to default settings every power cycle (I assume this is normal???).

1. I get "Error - no game found on memory card" sometimes, which is always fixed when I turn the sytem on and off. This happens on the cab and also Supergun. I've tried different SD cards as well and have formatted the carts in FAT-32with 64k clusters, deleted the BUFF file, reinstalled Firmware, etc.

2. I can change the region in the menu, but it won't allow me to switch between MVS and AES. When I change it on the Unibios however it works just fine. Tried with both stock and Unibios.

3. I'm also getting little line glitches like @Nimmers when games load between screens. Similar to the glitches on the menu. I can't remember if Neo Geo games usually did this?

These issues are not the end of the world by any means, just checking to see if there are any recommended fixes for them.

Thanks @Darksoft!

Last edited:
#2 - region changes on the cart don't work yet - hopefully with the next firmware release (MVS/AES) doesn't do anything right now either, I think.

Back