What's new
Have you tried it on a different PCB yet?

I've updated to the newest menu 11/29/2018 and firrmware 0x03dd. I have a NEO-MVH SLOT4 running stock BIOS. I have three other carts in the system. I'm having some issues and problems.

General issues with the the cart:
- In my system, the multicart must be in physical slot 1 in order for it to boot to GAMES when other carts are in physical slots 2-4.
- The MENU always comes up when the cart is in physical slots 2-4 when other carts are in the other physical slots, even though GAMES is selected and saved.
- When the multi cart is in physical slot 1 and other carts are in physical slots 2-4, the multi cart does not boot on power-up. The multicart is skipped and the cart in the second physical slot is selected. It takes a full cycle through the carts in slots 2-4 via the attract mode or advancing using the SELECT button before the multicart boots. When the multicart does boot, it takes an additional cycle through attract mode before the game saved in virtual slot 1 is loaded and ready to play. I wish there was a way to set the multicart to fast boot into a single game at power up instead of looking at "please wait", "checking file system" and then rebooting.

Game Problems:
Problem 1. Nam 75 loses sound while playing after 5-10 minutes. Sometimes it takes two games before the sound cuts out.
Problem 2. During attract mode, if Nam 75 is the selected title on the multi cart, after the first attract mode cycle through all the other physical carts installed in slots 2-4, the multi cart displays the NEO GEO logo for Nam 75 and then glitches to a green screen with some glitchy characters at which point the next physical cart in the system goes into it's attract mode. Nam 75 becomes inaccessible until the system is restarted.
Problem 3. Twinkle Star Sprites has the same issue of not working after one full attract mode cycle.

It's likely I'm doing something wrong. I'd love some help solving these issues.

Thanks!

If you are using the multislot pcbs with original carts it will always boot to the first original cart because the cart loads the games on every boot and is not detected before an original cart is. It's just a side-effect of using RAM instead of flash. One the game loads into the cart it acts as a real cart would. No way around this unfortunately. You just have to give the cart time to load the games on boot. If you only have a game in slot one then it will load faster.

I'll test the other glitches with NAM 75 and TSS.

With regard to giving the multicart time to boot to work around it being skipped on power up, I have tried it in slots 2-4 thinking this would give it time to boot up and not be skipped. However; when original carts are installed in the other three physical slots it always boot to the MENU even though GAMES was selected and saved.
In my NEO-MVH SLOT4, the multicart must be in physical slot 1 in order for it to boot to GAMES when original carts are in physical slots 2-4.
Is this a bug, feature or user error? ?(

Cheers!

Done quite some extensive testing with the mutli over the weekend and have some more stuff to report.

Firstly, SD cards *DO* matter. I'm still using my "Ultra" Sandisk 16GB, but I also tested the "Extreme" 64GB from my GoPro with great results (loaded considerably faster). So if you're looking for a SD to go with the multi, grab a higher end one with faster speed perhaps?

I no longer get the "games not found" error since the last update. Whatever it was is now fixed.

I have on occassion had "initializing filesystem" on boot, which takes a little while to config up again, but everything worked the same as I left it -- any ideas why?

I also had a couple of hangs when flashing (black screen) and one time I got a bad flash of Iron Clad with messed up colours on Slot 3 (a later reflash to another slot fixed it up).

So -- playing it safe without using any homebrew (aside from Iron Clad and Crossed Swords 2), not messing with the AES mode or regions (I have it locked on MVS/Japan) has proven the cart to be pretty stable. Hope you had some similar luck with the new update @rtw

I'm still having sound issues, but at this point, I'm 99% confident it's a faulty motherboard -- I'll know for sure sometime this week.

In my NEO-MVH SLOT4, the multicart must be in physical slot 1 in order for it to boot to GAMES
It may be that SLOT4 saves the configuration in a different way than usual Motherboards. We'll have a look.

I always get crosshatch on my 2-slot but with unibios softreset it then works
Can you elaborate on that. You get crosshatch and then unibios softreset?!?! How do you exit from crosshatch?

That's not normal. I'd say that there is something wrong with your microSD.

That's not normal. I'd say that there is something wrong with your microSD.
That would seem strange to me, since this is the same one I've used with the cart since I first got it, but will try with another one and report back.

Maybe it's gone corrupted. I assume that you did all the deleting of BUFF file, NRAM, etc.

Maybe it's gone corrupted. I assume that you did all the deleting of BUFF file, NRAM, etc.
Formatted it several times actually. Tried with a different sdcard, this time not even the flash.img file will be deleted, still crosshatch.

Crosshatch means that the PROM is disconnected from the motherboard. This only happens during an update or if the cart is dirty or not inserted properly. It could also be that a firmware update went wrong, but I doubt it. Sorry to insist, but I'd try with other microSD.

Just a quick note - I fired my unit up again today to do some more testing, and it initialized the filesystem again. It all worked fine, but the SD card was just sitting in the multi - it didn't move at all.

Crosshatch means that the PROM is disconnected from the motherboard. This only happens during an update or if the cart is dirty or not inserted properly. It could also be that a firmware update went wrong, but I doubt it. Sorry to insist, but I'd try with other microSD.
Already tried two different SD cards, are you suggesting trying a third one?

Can you elaborate on that. You get crosshatch and then unibios softreset?!?! How do you exit from crosshatch?
My 2 slot comes up like this (see pic attached), so i just press B and then it proceeds to boot the multi normally

Attachments

• 47339476_462311714294099_9170386069001076736_n.jpg
    47339476_462311714294099_9170386069001076736_n.jpg
    833.9 KB · Views: 168
My 2 slot comes up like this (see pic attached), so i just press B and then it proceeds to boot the multi normally
Tried your suggestion on my MV2F and MV1C, on none of them worked, still crosshatch.

Back