What's new
Tried your suggestion on my MV2F and MV1C, on none of them worked, still crosshatch.
I have unibios 4 so not sure if thats why. On my non unibios board the crosshatch is blue instead of red.

Tried your suggestion on my MV2F and MV1C, on none of them worked, still crosshatch.
I have unibios 4 so not sure if thats why. On my non unibios board the crosshatch is blue instead of red.
I have version 4.0 too (MV1C). The MV2F still runs 3.3. It seems my cart has issues different from yours, however I appreciate the help.

if you press start in the crosshatch, what happens?

In any case, I just recalled that the crosshatch also shows if there is no microSD, so it can happen that your microSD slot is gone broken.

if you press start in the crosshatch, what happens?

In any case, I just recalled that the crosshatch also shows if there is no microSD, so it can happen that your microSD slot is gone broken.
Pressing start will cycle through different testing screens, like cabinet settings, RGB test, memory card test, etc.

then must be your microsd slot. It may have broken when you removed it with last update.

then must be your microsd slot. It may have broken when you removed it with last update.
I can attest to having a broken microSD slot. You need to be careful when inserting the card or you can damaged the slot. I had to have Mitsu repair mine. Totally my fault.

@aha2940 Can you carefully open your cart and inspect the cart slot?
Hi Mitsu. I did, the whole board looks OK, nothing seems broken or out of place. I'll take a pic tomorrow with daylight and update this post with it, so you can check it. I see the cart has two LEDs near the microsd slot, how should these work when the cart is in operation?

Edit: Just tried to power on the cart with a freshly Win7-formatted microsd with only the latest smokemonster pack in it. Still crosshatch, and noticed that on my cart, only one of the LEDs powers on continuously, the other does not even try to power on.

Also, these are the pics of the cart, as you can see, nothing is wrong with it physically.
IMG-1554.jpg

IMG-1555.jpg

Last edited:
@aha2940 Please look after the menu files under games\menu. Are they present (which is correct) or are they in another subfolder?

That microSD slot looks a little lifted up to me.
The way is shown in the pics it's the way the cart arrived here and it has worked that way since I got it. Any more troubleshooting I can do to try and make this thing work? I do not even care for updating it, just to make it work at this point, from there, I can take a look at the update later.

after updating to the latest menu, top and flash my in game keys are messed up, if i enable them in the menu all 3 left right and up trigger the unibios splash,

i have unibios 3.3 if that matters

eta

i guess i have a stick that has aids,
after re updating everything 3x i tried another stick and things seem to be working

Last edited:
I'm getting a cross-hatch, and have not been able to successfully get to the menu.

Does an older version of the unibios affect anything? i'm on 2.0

I have yet to see a BUFF file, but the files within the update folder did disappear.

I've been having trouble with Mark of the Wolves on my multi. For whatever reason the button settings are always messed up on either the 1 player or 2 player side. Sometimes reloading the ROM fixes the one player side, but 2 player side is off. For example right now on 2 player side A is light punch, B is heavy kick, C appears to be some kind of combo, and D is heavy punch. When testing out via the Neo Geo maintenance menu all the buttons are correct (A is A, B is B, C is C, D is D) so that led me to believe something is off on the game settings. I decided to flip the system to AES mode to check the button mapping in options.

I'm unable to change the multi to an AES setting (not sure if this feature is out yet) so I switch to AES mode via my UNIBIOS. When I go to the in game options menu and go to pad configuration the game completely freezes on me. Player 1 side shows the settings correct light punch A, light kick B, heavy punch C, and heavy kick D. However, Player 2 side displays heavy punch D but then nothing else because it freezes before it loads.

This is the only game I've had control problems with, and its very bizarre. I tried to explain the situation the best I could, but perhaps maybe I should make a video? Again all the buttons are correct in maintenance mode and every other game plays fine. Just for whatever reason the buttons are always all kinds of jacked up in MOTW and I can't change it because the game freezes. Anybody have any ideas?

Back