What's new
then most probably the error is in the file structure in your microsd. How are the files copied?
Does it always boot well on the first slot that you boot?

About structure, I dunno... I just unzip SM pack “games” folder directly into SD.

The game I’m able to flash works ever If I reboot, so I don’t know.

I noticed the 8GB card has only 200mb free, may that be the issue?

I’ve no other SDs at hand now, but I should get a 16GB on monday.

Hi,
here it is:

It's just "games", than I flash the first game and it is like that plus "SLOT 1" (which I accidentally deleted before taking the PrntScr).

Have you got another SD card you could try?

Also another motherboard in case the MVS itself is the issue?

No other mobo (but works fine with everything else), I’ll get a new SD in monday.

Maybe it has been mentioned before, but is anybody having music tracks cut out once in a while? When I play Neo Turf Masters or Metal Slug 1 sometimes the music will cut out until a new track loads. Sometimes just part of the music cuts out (high end will cut out, baseline cuts out).
@mukurofish is this happening on MVS or AES console ?
@Darksoft It’s happening on an MVS. I just put it into storage (my move to Japan is happening in a few weeks), but I can take it out again and try to get a video. It doesn’t happen every time, but every few days it was happening. Would having a Unibios have anything to do with it?

Attachments

• 88CA16CC-A447-43AB-B7C0-CDB23129B031.jpeg
    88CA16CC-A447-43AB-B7C0-CDB23129B031.jpeg
    358.3 KB · Views: 159
Hi,
here it is:

It's just "games", than I flash the first game and it is like that plus "SLOT 1" (which I accidentally deleted before taking the PrntScr).
why are you deleting the slot1 slot 2 and slot 3 files? They are needed so that the firmware can load the ram data of the games. Please try to flash 3 games and dont delete those files again.

Maybe it has been mentioned before, but is anybody having music tracks cut out once in a while? When I play Neo Turf Masters or Metal Slug 1 sometimes the music will cut out until a new track loads. Sometimes just part of the music cuts out (high end will cut out, baseline cuts out).
Same here with stock bios and unibios

Hi,
here it is:

why are you deleting the slot1 slot 2 and slot 3 files? They are needed so that the firmware can load the ram data of the games. Please try to flash 3 games and dont delete those files again.
Thanks, but that is what got me stuck in the first place.
Anyway I tried again (SD format-->put only "games" folder in) and tried to flash 3 games. Got stuck at flashing screen, have to turn off the MVS; at reboot file system is damaged (in the root of the SD "SLOT 1" file appears), there is one game only but if I launch it the I get green screen MVS error (filesystem not ready->EXCEPTION ERROR HANDLING "BAD\UNCLEAN CONTACT").
When the flashing worked properly I could see messages that confirmed successful slot writing but now they don't show anymore.

That confirmation message now shows only if I flash only one slot (on a fresh SD): everything works, but then I reboot the MVS, try to flash the other 2 slots and I get stuck (and the file stucture appears like inthe PrntScr image plus "SLOT 1" file, but in this scenario at least SLOT 1 games works perfectly).
I got another SD Card today (Sandisk 16GB-FAT32-file allocation 32kb), the problem remains, so I guess it's not the SD.

Basically, it looks I'm stuck with a single slot cart, and I've to reformat SD every time I want to change the game in the slot.

Should I contact the seller?

EDIT: sorry, it was just dirty cart contacs.
Cleaned, it works like a charm.
EDIT 2: nope still stuck at flashing new games.

Last edited:
Hi,
here it is:

Thanks, but that is what got me stuck in the first place.[....]
Basically, it looks I'm stuck with a single slot cart, and I've to reformat SD every time I want to change the game in the slot. [...]
After some extra investigation: if I clear a slot, than power cycle, than fill in an empty slot, it's ok.
Directly overwriting a slot already in use is still a no-no.

Starting with 3 empty slot, I need to fill slot1-->power cycle-->fill slot2-->power cycle-->fill slot3-->power cycle. If I don't do that I get garbled graphics on the game I try fill in/to change (cart menu displays empty/old game name but the garbled graphics are from the one I was trying to overwrite).

Then if I want to change I have to clear slotX-->power cycle-->fill slotX with the new game.

I'm clueless. ^^'

Last edited:
I updated the FW on mine around March. I'm not sure if that's the most up to date or not. I've been kind out of the loop on everything between school, getting married, selling my house, prepping to move overseas, etc. Since doing the update it was happening less often than before though.

It happens less frequently with new firmware, and i also have random pcm audio bug like in this video at 5:05

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=307&v=jwHHIpLcjdE
After more test, i had a lot of theses 2 bugs (pcm audio and music and sound disappear) with kof97.
MV1F stock bios and unibios latest menu & firmware

It happens less frequently with new firmware, and i also have random pcm audio bug like in this video at 5:05

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=307&v=jwHHIpLcjdE
After more test, i had a lot of theses 2 bugs (pcm audio and music and sound disappear) with kof97.MV1F stock bios and unibios latest menu & firmware
Come to think of it I had A LOT of trouble with KoF97 as well, and sometimes 96 (but never 98 weirdly enough). On 96 it happened on the Korea team stage and Kyo’s stage (that I remember for sure). The music would just completely cut out unlike the problem with Neo Turf Masters and Metal Slug where the high end track would cut out. Do you think we may have got our ROMs from the same place and that could have something to do with it?

A lot of people seem to have trouble with 98, during attract the characters disappear off screen as well as other glitches. I think DS patched most of them though.

Do you think we may have got our ROMs from the same place and that could have something to do with it?
I don't know i use smokemonster Neo Geo Roll-Up Pack with a genuine samsung micro sd, maybe it's related to our mvs slot, i saw on your post you seem to have the same slot as i (mv1f ???)

Last edited:
Back