What's new
A lot of people seem to have trouble with 98, during attract the characters disappear off screen as well as other glitches. I think DS patched most of them though.
The romset from @SmokeMonster includes IIRC the patched version of KOF98. So those problems related to protection will not be present. The problem with KOF98 showing the RED DEADLOCK Screen aka "slot security check" seems to happen on MVS only and only on this new firmware. We're investigating it.

ok. Let us investigate.
Hi, just for info I checked with a multimeter what the voltage level is at when the cart is plugged in.
Voltage is 5.147v on both ports. It goes to 5.142v/5.144v during (failed) flashing, so it looks like it isn’t a power issue.

I don't know. ^^' This are a pic of my PSU (it came with the CMVS) and the power outlet I use.

........ That PSU is not great, I would recommend using a proper PSU. It would use a very basic regulator and it's not adjustable.

What kind of cMVS is it? Strange that it doesn't need +12

Perhaps it incorporates the voltage mod to negate the need for +12V.

Aye, that PSU isn't regulated, cheap Chinese job. They work fine for the money but for arcade hardware I'd consider something higher end.

I'm amazed the MVS runs properly on so little power. That's pretty cool.

</offtopic>

Some of the single slots draw under an amp!

Can anybody give me a link (prefererably in Europe) to buy a better PSU and run some other test?
I've a HAS and a proper arcade PSU but I can't use it with a CMVS (JNX, *great* product if you ask me).

I use a wattac BA0572ZI PSU with 5V/4.2A and 12V/3.0A output with my CMVS 1FZ.

Last edited:
........ That PSU is not great, I would recommend using a proper PSU. It would use a very basic regulator and it's not adjustable.

What kind of cMVS is it? Strange that it doesn't need +12
^THAT^
It wouldn't be the first, nor the last PSU that I see that claims to ouput DC but actually outputs AC.

Can anybody give me a link (prefererably in Europe) to buy a better PSU and run some other test?
I've a HAS and a proper arcade PSU but I can't use it with a CMVS (JNX, *great* product if you ask me).
Something like the Triad WSX050-4000-R would work I believe. It’s a high-quality switching 5V 4.0 amp supply that is often recommended for the Neo Geo AES.

I’m not sure why kind of connector the JNX CMVS uses on the console, so you may end up having to adapt the barrel plug to fit.

Something like the Triad WSX050-4000-R would work I believe. It’s a high-quality switching 5V 4.0 amp supply that is often recommended for the Neo Geo AES.
I’m not sure why kind of connector the JNX CMVS uses on the console, so you may end up having to adapt the barrel plug to fit.
It’s a 5.5 x 2.5 Positive tip

is it possible to use the muti cart with a multi board like a 6 slot mvs board? That's all I got at the moment.

Besides. Would be cool to have 8 games at a ready. ;)

Not too bad really.. only gota deal with that on the first power up but would be a pain when swapping games all the time.

Still damn neat!

Last edited:
how about when swapping from 1 of the 3 games on the cart? Does the system need to be rebooted and go threw all that again?

Whenever you switch games on the cart the cart temporarily disappears to the pcb bios and it goes to the next cart in line. Once you rotate back to the slot the game will be playable. If the multi is the only cart installed then this does not happen.

***EDIT - all the below sorted now, every issue I was having (including one where it was restoring to default settings every power cycle on one of my one slots and not the other) was to do with the firmware updates - fixed it by just doing it all again from scratch.**

Hope you can help - I've updated my cart with the latest firmware and menu and I'm *now* getting some errors as follows:

- When I exit back to menu after playing a game (holding up and start) I get 'f*mkfs error 0x01' (the * is actually some gibberish symbol I don't think is on a keyboard!)
- then it says 'File system not ready' but still goes to the menu as usual after that

I run the diagnostics and I get 'FAIL' on Filesystem then the checks go no further.

I can load games, sometimes it hangs up sometimes it's fine - there's definitely something not right.

Firmware revision is 0x0431
Firmware build is 0x5bfb
Top file build is 0x35bb
Menu Build Date is July 13th 2019
Build time is 10:34:20
Supported games 159 of 160
Detected hardware MVS

I have two MVS single slots and it does the same in both. (One has unibios one does not) I have tried clearing the back up memory / deleting buff files etc.

Any ideas what is causing this?

Thanks

Jon

Last edited:
Back