What's new
Odd phenomenon here:

I noticed that Metal Slug 3 on slot 1 of my multi prefers less than 4.9v. Just a bit higher and the title screen appears followed by an endless reset loop. Anything slightly above 5.0v results in a blank or green screen. However, Garou MOTW on slot 3 of my multi seems to work just fine at 5.0v and even slightly higher.

In this particular case I’m using an MV1FS mobo, Windy Gaming ATP-300 supergun, and a cheap Performance Tool voltmeter (poking my leads directly in the jamma edge). My DS multi is on firmware rev 0x0431, build 05bfb, and top 0x35bb.

Oops...I probably have a 1st batch model where this applies:

“- Should you use a MV-1F or MV-1FS, please note that there currently is an issue with these. Quick fix is lowering your 5v to about 4.7-4.8v or cutting a trace...”

In this particular case I’m using an MV1FS mobo, Windy Gaming ATP-300 supergun
Can I suggest trying a different Supergun? The Windy is known to have some quirks, it might not be an issue but it's worth confirming?

I did some tests with a HAS, my MV1FS, and the multicart. 5.00V seems to cause glitching or resets across the board. At 4.96v, games will sometimes work, but glitches and resets crop up, especially after I cycle through game slots. Lower voltage closer to 4.80v seems to work much better.

Neo has very low power requirements, and the multi cart is flash memory which also has typically very low power requirements. So I'd say lower is good.

Oops...I probably have a 1st batch model where this applies:

“- Should you use a MV-1F or MV-1FS, please note that there currently is an issue with these. Quick fix is lowering your 5v to about 4.7-4.8v or cutting a trace...”
that was my guess. Can you please check if the cart has the specific track severed?

Thanks!

Hi,

I do not know if I'm in the correct section of this forum but I need held because my multi mvs doesn't work correctly.

FYI I have slot MV-1FZ with unibios 3.3.
Since 2-3 weeks, several games didn't play as usual as SS III which menu game is very slow. GAROU, I can play only with button A and C on joystick 1 and buttons B & D on joystick 2. Another example some games work perfectly but around 10-15 minutes, the screen of unibios appears and I cannot do anything....
I try to update the firmware but no success too.
When I check the menu "ABOUT", I have these mentions hereunder :

Firmware revision : 0x044e
Firmware build : Oxa160
Menu design : neocps1
Menu bulding: apr 1 2018
Menu builing time : 20:04:23
Supported games : 149 ouf 240

I do not know what's happen because I always play without any problem since several month and now It's the panic room here !!!
Thank a lot for all your help :)

In my case the R193 track is not severed. I think I’ll leave it alone and just remember to lower the voltage when I use the cart with a MV1FS.

Attachments

• E95BCF9F-DFD6-4A25-A5E9-30C75694B3BA.jpeg
    E95BCF9F-DFD6-4A25-A5E9-30C75694B3BA.jpeg
    77.8 KB · Views: 160
Dont push it that high. 5.1V should be enough. Can you send some pictures of the MV1B motherboard from both sides? Which BIOS do you have? Is the microSD slot working well in your opinion? Take it back to another mobo to be 100% sure that it's still working please.
Its the regular bios. The micro Sd is working well from what i notice. I tested it in my 2 slots and its fine.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 146
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 151
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 139
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
What’s the voltage reading showing on the MV1B?
4.97V. I will try 5.1V.
No go. I tried as high as 5.2V and nothing. It freezes in "checking games".
This is how you fry your games.
Most components expect 5v and have a 20% tolerance for variation in that current (meaning they should, while in good working order, work within 0.1v of 5.0v.).

Going above 5.1v means you're at risk of ruining various components. Or already have.

Just really don't do it in the future with any arcade hardware (unless someone specifically mentions it needs higher voltages, like some Midway titles). You'll save yourself a lot of heartache and money.
I just tested it for a few minutes on 5.2V. The normal voltage i use is 4.95V.

Hi everybody,

I've updated my multimvs and now I have a new problem.
When I start the MV-1FZ slot there is glitch like jailbar (not mosaic) on the screen. And Then, when the game's musical introduction screen begin, only letter appears. Sound is ok. I tried with several game and there is the same problem.

I can read in menu "ABOUT"

Firmware revision : Ox0456
Firmware build : Oxf5d7
Menu design : Oxa284
Menu bulding: Nov 22 2019
Menu builing time : 22:10:59
Supported games : 238 ouf 239

I tasted with original game with 2 different slot (MV-1FZ + MV-2F) and games work perfectly.

What kind of problem is it ? What can I do to fix it ?

Dont push it that high. 5.1V should be enough. Can you send some pictures of the MV1B motherboard from both sides? Which BIOS do you have? Is the microSD slot working well in your opinion? Take it back to another mobo to be 100% sure that it's still working please.
Maybe change the bios? MV1b´s is soldered.

Hi Darksoft,

Menu screen:

Game BASEBALL STARS 2020

Do you have any idea?
Thanks ?(

That clearly means that the files of the menu can't be read from the microSD. Either there is a problem with the microSD or the files are not in the right folder. What microSD are you using? In which folders did you put the games?

Back