What's new
What happens when you extract the 5 menu files directly to \games\menu?

Sorry if I missed it, but are you doing this with or without a loaded games folder? Like from the rollup pack? Did you verify you did not have a menu folder pre-existing with files in it? If you try to install new menu and or firmware and you already have a menu folder in your games directory it will trash your install. Additionally I cant speak to your 1b, but when I switched from 1F to 4F I had to wipe my sdcard and start from scratch. To be honest every time I work on my cart, my preference is to wipe the sd card, put my games folder on there with no pre-existing menu, add the update/menu and let it rebuild. I never really time it, I just go make a sandwich, but it may take minute or two. I use a cheapo standard Sandisk 8gb.

What happens when you extract the 5 menu files directly to \games\menu?
It either gets stuck on "initializing file system". Do you need to do the firmware and top files every time you do the menu?

Sorry if I missed it, but are you doing this with or without a loaded games folder? Like from the rollup pack? Did you verify you did not have a menu folder pre-existing with files in it? If you try to install new menu and or firmware and you already have a menu folder in your games directory it will trash your install. Additionally I cant speak to your 1b, but when I switched from 1F to 4F I had to wipe my sdcard and start from scratch. To be honest every time I work on my cart, my preference is to wipe the sd card, put my games folder on there with no pre-existing menu, add the update/menu and let it rebuild. I never really time it, I just go make a sandwich, but it may take minute or two. I use a cheapo standard Sandisk 8gb.
I've tried with and without a games folder. I always delete the menu folder and try to make a new one. I've tried formatting and so many memory cards and it doesn't make a difference.

I think the micro sd card slot is screwed up because the things that happen are strange and don't make sense.

It either gets stuck on "initializing file system". Do you need to do the firmware and top files every time you do the menu?
No you dont.

I've tried with and without a games folder. I always delete the menu folder and try to make a new one. I've tried formatting and so many memory cards and it doesn't make a difference.

I think the micro sd card slot is screwed up because the things that happen are strange and don't make sense.
Maybe is that. Can you please get in touch with @Mitsurugi-w and see if he can have a look? Thanks.

Hi Darksoft,

I buy a new SD card Verbatim micro sd HC CL 10 - 16go and now I have graphics but no sound.
In the menu when I try to launch music there is mistake Z80 which appears.
I tasted again with my other slot and mistake Z80 is also appears.
However, I play with an original game and sound works perfectly.
I don't understand why matter change from one day to the next.
My Lexar 300x sd card works since 1.5 years and matter appears. I tasted another sandisk ultra and now all my sd card shows graphics without sound.
What should be the matter ?

No you dont.

Maybe is that. Can you please get in touch with @Mitsurugi-w and see if he can have a look? Thanks
@Darksoft I have attached a video of what i'm getting now - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-8LB1s3bOrkyJkgdKRPADlv_E0GQadN2

Any idea why i wouldn't be able to access the menu so I can flash the games? I also did message @Mitsurugi-w on Twitter to see if he has any ideas. If anything i'll just return this to highscoresaves.com.

I also did message @Mitsurugi-w on Twitter
Why message him on Twitter? He's and admin here. Send him a PM. That'd be quicker.

I have attached a video of what i'm getting now - drive.google.com/open?id=1-8LB1s3bOrkyJkgdKRPADlv_E0GQadN2
It's showing only 4 games. How many games do you have on your microSD? It's clearly a problem with the microSD not with the cart. Maybe the microSDs that you have are not the best ones or there is a problem with the microSD slot itself, but problem is on that part.

As I said, please ping @Mitsurugi-w as he's based in USA as well.

Hi Darksoft,

I try several time to launch the multi MVS but without success.
All my SD card are original. I don't buy them in website or discount store. They work perfectly.
Now I have the problem when I format the SD card I have only sound but no graphics and vice versa.
So I'm sure the matter is not coming from my side but it concern your SD slot.
What I have to do?
Can you sold me a SD card with all game? Thus, we will be sure that matter was coming from me.
Thanks for all your help.

If I send you a microSD Slot are you able to replace it? You can also PM and we arrange that I replace it for you if you send it over to me. Let me know what you prefer.

Thanks.

I also did message @Mitsurugi-w on Twitter
Why message him on Twitter? He's and admin here. Send him a PM. That'd be quicker.
I have attached a video of what i'm getting now - drive.google.com/open?id=1-8LB1s3bOrkyJkgdKRPADlv_E0GQadN2
It's showing only 4 games. How many games do you have on your microSD? It's clearly a problem with the microSD not with the cart. Maybe the microSDs that you have are not the best ones or there is a problem with the microSD slot itself, but problem is on that part.
As I said, please ping @Mitsurugi-w as he's based in USA as well.
I'm only loading a few games on while trying to get this to work. I've tried at least 6-10 different memory cards varying in sizes.

I can easily solder in a MicroSD card slot. I'm a modder and have been doing this for 20+ years. I've done every single console mod you can think of.

Do you think there is maybe something wrong with my MV1C? I've only ever used the 161-in-1 cart and a few other game and they all worked fine. I was thinking about swapping over to a gamecube PSU since it's the same and just put the proper tip on it.

Hmm might be that too. Definitely worth trying. Which PSU do you currently use to power it? Can you please send a picture of the MV1C as well?

Im having these glitches with mine. Dont know what to do really. It is not a voltage thing, other regular carts work fine. Can the pcb be faulty? I tested it with a 2 slots and a MVF1FZ.

Attachments

• IMG_6626(1).jpg
    IMG_6626(1).jpg
    233 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_6630(1).jpg
    IMG_6630(1).jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_6625(1).jpg
    IMG_6625(1).jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_6628.jpg
    IMG_6628.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_6627(1).jpg
    IMG_6627(1).jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_6629(1).jpg
    IMG_6629(1).jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 154
@seikenflyer all carts are tested before being shipped. IMO it's mos probably dirty contacts on your AES slot. Can you try cleaning them? If you have the option of testing the cart on another AES, that'd be great.

If still happens, that means that something has gone wrong, most probably some mechanical issue during transportation. If you have the knowledge and can do the work, you can try to rework the BGA or RAMS as that's most probably the issue, but that would mean that the cart has undergone some bad bad mistreatment.

Maybe @l_oliveira can have a look as you're both in Brazil.

Have latest firmware and everything is working perfectly till I switched to boot to games.

Slotted games and switched to boot to games. Now when trying to get back to menu I see ‘initializing...’ etc but then green screen and just reboots back to games. Loaded games work fine and confirmed latest update deleted all files from SD post update.

Any suggestions?

you need to keep 1p Start pressed when the menu is showing up. Otherwise it will.....boot to games.

Been spending a lot of time with my Neo Geo Multicart and have the following issue with the current Firmware. I'm using a FZ motherboard. 5v Checks out fine. I've tried two different Neo Geo FZ motherboards (one with battery, one without) as well as multiple SD cards with the same issues. The trace has been fixed/cut on my motherboard. This issue didn't happen with the last firmware I was using from about a year or so ago.

If I load KOF '98 in Slot 1, there three things that can randomly happen:

1. Little white lines/dots appear throughout the splash screen sequence and player select screen (most common)
2. Sprites are missing from the game / splash screen (sometimes)
3. The game loads ok (probably once every three cycles)

At first I thought it was a dirty cart slot and spent time reseating it and also the SD card, but power cycling causes any of the above to occur. I've cleared the NVRAM from the main menu as well as the Neo Geo menu. I'm using a standard BIOS and the latest Roll Up Pack from archive.org.

Other slots / games seem fine thus far. I need to load KOF '98 into other slots and cycle and see if it's just Slot 1.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

that looks very weird. Please tell me which exact FW you use and try with other slots please.

Hey @Darksoft,

Here is the version of the Firmware I am using (I believe it's the latest):

neoFW.JPG

I get this screen occasionally when loading the DDR (maybe once every 8-10 times):

neoDDR.JPG

Here's a video showing the missing sprites in KOF '98:

Here's a video showing the white line artifacts in KOF '98:

Also, this behaviour happens in all 3 slots. Power cycling or hot switching between slots generally fixes it up.

Let me know if you have any leads on a fix or more diagnosis :)

Thanks!

Back