What's new
Hi,

I would like to run the Z80 test M1 Rom from Diagnostics Bios on my Multi: http://smkdan.eludevisibility.org/neo/diag/

Is this possible, it should be right? How can I convert the m1.bin to the right format? If I understand I correctly, I can use any CHA board I like to. So for example an AoF Rom, replace the m1rom file and boot the game in combination with the Diagnostics Bios. That should work, right?!

Thank you very much for your help!

Hi,

I would like to run the Z80 test M1 Rom from Diagnostics Bios on my Multi: http://smkdan.eludevisibility.org/neo/diag/

Is this possible, it should be right? How can I convert the m1.bin to the right format? If I understand I correctly, I can use any CHA board I like to. So for example an AoF Rom, replace the m1rom file and boot the game in combination with the Diagnostics Bios. That should work, right?!

Thank you very much for your help!
The m1.bin is already in the right format. Just rename the file and it will work with any game.

Thank you for your fast answer, that is fantasic :) I actually did it, moved it on to the SD card and wasn't brave enough to start it :D I just didn't want to break anything... is it even possible to break the multi cart while using a bad rom?

Thank you for your fast answer, that is fantasic :) I actually did it, moved it on to the SD card and wasn't brave enough to start it :D I just didn't want to break anything... is it even possible to break the multi cart while using a bad rom?
you would still need the Neo diagnostic bios installed on your board and as far as I know it won't initialize the multicart properly. Your best bet is a CHA board with S1 PROM present.

hi guys hope all is well. I've been having trouble with my DS multicart. I really with their was a count down or up for when a game has to load. I tried to load up Metal Slug 5 and the screen when black for a while. So i cut off the system and cut it back on. Popped up with the black screen and doesn't load the menu. Tried it many times and its still black. I've done the firmware update and I have a Samsung Evo 128 gig.

For this price this thing is very sensitive. The most basic thing would had put a load bar screen. So I know not to cut it off and wait.

Any ideas? Do I have to redo my SD card? I also heard that I need to clear out the NVram when switching out games from the virtual slot.... argh. And yes I have 4.0 bios.

Last edited:
SD"XC"? So it turns out, the problem is loading the games to a slot. I had to delete the 2 slots I had which made the menu finally boot up. I'm not sure what I am doing wrong when I try and put games on the slot. After doing so I "Exit and program" but because there is no loading bar it stays on a black screen for a while. I know it could take a few minutes but without anything indicating what its doing it becomes a pain.

I mean, if that instruction is on the first page of the thread, then it just says to get a good reliable SD. I didn't even know HC and XC. I knew about avoiding getting Fake SDs which is a given. So my fault for not being knowledgeable on that part. I never needed to worry about low and high capacity with things. But its a learning experience. Thank you.

I am using the DARKSOFT MULTI MVS

Would anyone know why i keep getting an exception error message either when loading a game or within minutes of playing?

The message at the bottom says - BAD CONTACT BETWEEN GAME AND NEO GEO CAUSE ERRORS.

I have tried my 4 slot and 2 slot and get the same issues"?

I have tried two sd cards and same issue.

Any ideas?

Did you read the instructions? You need to update the menu as well. There should be a folder called \update\menu on the root of your microSD. The content should be copied to \games\menu ?

Did you read the instructions? You need to update the menu as well. There should be a folder called \update\menu on the root of your microSD. The content should be copied to \games\menu ?
I believe the issue is now resolved as the menu has now disappeared from the sd card and games I have tried are loading/playing without issue at present

Dark, i am thinking about the terraonion support of neogeo cd audio in mono for their products. correct me if i am wrong and forgive me if i cannot write a good sentence, but i think that they achieved that using ADPCM but it is mono (like every noise factory games with sample music) via their sd cart. I am asking from me and myself about adding stereo neogeocd sound adding to neosd cartridge a stereo jack (like the first megadrive) or stereo rca connectors and forcing neogeocd audio stream to go directly to those jacks and have 2 separate audio streams, one for the audio effect and the other for stereo cd sound. What do you think?

hi all, I just bought a multicart for my AES and I really am not computer programmer savvy. I need to get it up and running but I’m pretty sure that the rom pack isn’t available yet, but that’s the least of my worries. I did format the micro SD card but my abilities end pretty much there. Does anyone know if there is video or very though directions on how to get the SD card ready and how to put the Rom pack games on it. Sorry I suck so bad but I thought that it would be much easier for a noob like me. I’d really like to play my AES within a week or so if someone could help me. I’d greatly appreciate it.

hi all, I just bought a multicart for my AES and I really am not computer programmer savvy. I need to get it up and running but I’m pretty sure that the rom pack isn’t available yet, but that’s the least of my worries. I did format the micro SD card but my abilities end pretty much there. Does anyone know if there is video or very though directions on how to get the SD card ready and how to put the Rom pack games on it. Sorry I suck so bad but I thought that it would be much easier for a noob like me. I’d really like to play my AES within a week or so if someone could help me. I’d greatly appreciate it.
Please check the instructions: Darksoft's MultiAES. Latest Firmware, Menu and Instructions
If something is not clear after reading them, let us know.

Back