What's new
Out of interest, those of you having graphics issues:

- Are you all running UNIBIOS? It may be ignoring a hardware issue?

- Can you check what brand of RAM you have on your boards? I'd be interested to know if all of you have the same.

- Have any of you been able to try your multi in a motherboard that someone else is using for a multi that's working perfectly?
^THAT^ would certainly be a good test. We're conducting similar ones as we speak.
@unibios: as mentioned in my earlier posts (here): not UniBios
@ram type: happy to do that, can you tell me what I should be looking for?
@multi in confirmed situation mobo: no, have not.

Last edited:
I see.

@waiwainl I think in your case looks more like a production problem. The other people having issues with graphic glitches moving (not static like yours), this version of menu can help.

@Sp33dFr34k, @Milspex , @K405, @PascalP can you please confirm if this version of menu improves anything?

Thanks.
It is actually worse for me with menu 20171201. This time tested on my MV-1B. Notice the shadow/yellow dots:

An interesting observation, why have all the Dutch people these issues? ;)
Could it be geographical related? Gravitation? Pressure as being below sea level?

@tom5151 try without unibios and try a different microSD.

That problem with the initialization that took about 1 minute did it happen again or only once?
Try erasing the soft dipswitches from the menu service with the menu loaded and let us know if resetting it makes the 1 minute thing dissapear or the 25 min, reset.

Thanks!
Tried with a samsung evo +, I still have the issue with kof98.
I'd like to test the old menu you posted, bur even I put the files in games/menu and update folders, I'm still on latest menu version ?(

put the files in games/menu and in update/menu folders

put the files in games/menu and in update/menu folders
Thanks.

So with menu 2017121, it still have the green unibios screen error with kof98.
But it's even worse, because I can move the character outside the screen (to the left or to the right)
IMG_20180220_233927.jpg

I see.

@waiwainl I think in your case looks more like a production problem. The other people having issues with graphic glitches moving (not static like yours), this version of menu can help.

@Sp33dFr34k, @Milspex , @K405, @PascalP can you please confirm if this version of menu improves anything?

Thanks.
Thanks for uploading DS.

Installed the menu in both folders, confirmed it was updated properly.

First boot, no games.
Second boot, partial games (3,5 pages).
Flashed 3 games, switched around a lot of times, works fine!
Back to menu -> it actually asked me to switch the psu off/on, never seen this message before.
Booted up 4 times, got no games found message every time.
Upon boot number 5, two out of three slots were empty, 3 was still having a game loaded.

So I'd say, same issues remain for me.

I see.

Thanks.
I have the same issue as @waiwainl or 'better', @waiwainl has the same static pixel issues as me, cause I received the multi before he did. 8|

The updated menu did improve stability, no more crashes, but there is no change in regards to pixel artefacts.

Pixel artifacts, clearly seen in the Neo Geo bootlogo:

Original cart pixels are ok:

@waiwainl
@K405

Can you confirm which motherboard revision you are using? Interested to know if you're both using the same.

@waiwainl can you take photo of your motherboard so I can highlight the RAM for you and that'll also tell us the brands ;)

@waiwainl
@K405

Can you confirm which motherboard revision you are using? Interested to know if you're both using the same.

@waiwainl can you take photo of your motherboard so I can highlight the RAM for you and that'll also tell us the brands ;)
I have a slot-1 (MV-1FZ) and slot-2 (MV-2F) both give the same result.
@waiwainl has slot-1 (MV-1B) and slot-2 (MV-2F)

Is the RAM the same brand on both brands?

The problem is static on both yours and waiwainl's boards, which suggests a possible SRAM issue.

The reason I'm interested to know if the brand is the same on both is to rule out the potential for

1) Faulty SRAM that is exacerbated by the multi for some reason

2) To rule out other potential RAM related issues, for example the speed at which the multi is accessing the RAM is pushing it to its limits and the RAM isn't coping

3) Your SRAM has been cursed by a warlock

The fact that you both have 2F boards is a big potential flag, but 1B and 1FZ boards are fairly different.

I have the same issue as @waiwainl or 'better', @waiwainl has the same static pixel issues as me, cause I received the multi before he did. 8|
The updated menu did improve stability, no more crashes, but there is no change in regards to pixel artefacts.
Interesting, I note a few differences:
  • your game-mega-boot logo has many GFX errors, while mine looks perfect.
  • your menu "neo geo" look better than mine (less pixels)

@waiwainl can you take photo of your motherboard so I can highlight the RAM for you and that'll also tell us the brands
I will do it in the weekend; traveling at the moment.

The fact that you both have 2F boards is a big potential flag, but 1B and 1FZ boards are fairly different.
Indeed. Interesting though that exactly the same GFX flaws happen on the 2F and 1x. But different GFX flaws with @K405 and mine.

MV-1FS
Unibios 3.2
Downloaded Smoke's Pack and replaced the menu folder with the newer version of the Menu from DS's post, also put the menu files in the update folder as instructed.
Put contents on a Sandisc 16GB SD card (FAT32 Formatted)

It showed the uni-bios screen then goes to an "Initializing Filesystem" message and hangs. I let it sit there for a good 20 minutes before powering down reinserting the cart and card and trying again. same result.

Reformatted the card and tried again... same result :(

I'll try a different card and different bios tonight.

Oeh, a 1FS, this should be interesting :D

Did you format the card with the Windows inbuilt formatter? Try SD formatter or similar.

I'm positive you should be able to get that fixed :)

Did you format the card with the Windows inbuilt formatter?
yes. I'll try the SD formatter tonight to see how that goes.

I also have a Irritating Maze setup I can test with (I think that's an MV-1B? maybe?) but that also has a special non-swapable bios

Yeah it's a MV-1B but as you say it has a special bios so can't be used unless it has been socketed.. :)

MV-1FS
Unibios 3.2
Downloaded Smoke's Pack and replaced the menu folder with the newer version of the Menu from DS's post, also put the menu files in the update folder as instructed.
Put contents on a Sandisc 16GB SD card (FAT32 Formatted)

It showed the uni-bios screen then goes to an "Initializing Filesystem" message and hangs. I let it sit there for a good 20 minutes before powering down reinserting the cart and card and trying again. same result.

Reformatted the card and tried again... same result :(

I'll try a different card and different bios tonight.
That 20 minute thing shouldn't happen at all. Do you have a different motherboard? I think there is some issue with the MV-1FS**

A small update in case it can help.
I've tried multi mvs on both MV1-FZ (unibios 3.3) and MV1-FZS (unibios 3.2).
The green unibios error screen in kof 98 appears on both boards, but I don't know if these boards are really different.

This is the previous version of the menu. It has glitches as @jassin000 explained and sound problems but there shouldnt be any gfx problems at all and changing slots, etc should happen flawless.

@waiwainl, @Sp33dFr34k and anyone having troubles AND ONLY if you have troubles with current version, please give it a go.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/wonzl4sdq4e1xwn/menu-20171201.7z
Just tried this menu build (Dec 1, 2017) but the pixel glitches are still there unfortunately.

Back