What's new
Did you try to boot it with your mv-1b? You can at least check the boot behavior.
ok, just went down and tried this.
it booted and and gave me a "resetting to defaults" message. after which it loaded the menu and the music was back confirming that it did indeed reset my defaults and the 3 games I had previously loaded were still in their slots.

i tried to load slot 2 again (Magical Drop 3) but it loaded slot 1 (Last Resort) and I quickly realized that it was ignoring my inputs, likely due to it using the Irritating Maze Bios. It did boot first try though. I can do more testing with that tomorrow.
That would be a good test that will help us understand where the problem comes from. Make sure you delete the file BUFF from the microSD.

I don't think that voltage is the problem here.. I have the HAS meter peaking at around 4.9-5.0 and I play for hours without issues.
I'm here with @invzim and @deibit. It's not a Voltage thing IMHO but rather a current issue. If the PSU is able to supply the needed amps.

So summarizing, we have the encountered the following issues:

@t-m 4 slot. This is a problem known to happen with 4 slot and 6 slot. It needs a firm upgrade. For now as the instructions specify, we advice NOT to use 4 slots and 6 slots.

@K405 MV-1FZ and MV-2F both give the same result. Static Pixels / Ram error?
@waiwainl MV-1B and MV-2F. Static pixels / Ram error?
In these two cases it can be a power issue.

@PascalP: MV-1FT
@Sp33dFr34k: MV-1F
@LHantz: MV-1F
@twistedsymphony MV-1FS. No Gfx glitches but crashes and games go missing from list.
In this case as all the mobos are MV-1F** it can be a firmware problem, but we have tested it extensively on many MV-1F** boards and as @jassin000 reported, he had no problems.

I promise to get some specific, logs of results soon, but overall, the SD cards seem less of an issue for me. Most of my issues are coming post-flash. Am I correct that there's nothing being read, other than the menu assets, from the SD card once the roms have flashed and the cart has rebooted?

I had various things happen last night. Here are a few, in general for now, and I'll get them much more specific at a later time.

- When loading roms to all (3) slots, then cycling the slots (i.e. going from 1->2, 2->3, then 3->1), when going from 3->1, it crashes the cart
- All (3) slots populated, removed all (3) flashed roms and added (1) new rom to slot 1. Rebooted to new rom in slot 1 correctly, but slots 2 and 3 remain populated (maybe this is intended)
- Missing graphical assets in Top Players Golf when all (3) slots are populated. When it's alone in slot 1, it's fine.
- Button 5 does not call up the menu from the boot screen - it simply reboots the cart back to the boot screen in a loop until power is pulled
- Upon each cold boot, all menu options are lost and setting are reset back to default (maybe this is intended as well - sorry if I missed that)
- During ROM flashing, graphical glitches with menu text, unreadable, screen mostly garbage (pics to come)

Just for reference with this general info, I'm using the following:

MV-1C w/HAS to a BVM
SanDisk Ultra 32GB Class 10 card formatted in Rufus w/64Kb clusters
Most recent menu posted as of 2/21

Last edited:
So summarizing, we have the encountered the following issues:

@t-m 4 slot. This is a problem known to happen with 4 slot and 6 slot. It needs a firm upgrade. For now as the instructions specify, we advice NOT to use 4 slots and 6 slots.

@K405 MV-1FZ and MV-2F both give the same result. Static Pixels / Ram error?
@waiwainl MV-1B and MV-2F. Static pixels / Ram error?
In these two cases it can be a power issue.

@PascalP: MV-1FT
@Sp33dFr34k: MV-1F
@LHantz: MV-1F@twistedsymphony MV-1FS. No Gfx glitches but crashes and games go missing from list.

In this case as all the mobos are MV-1F** it can be a firmware problem, but we have tested it extensively on many MV-1F** boards and as @jassin000 reported, he had no problems.
I have a MV-1F. You're forgetting @LHantz who has a MV-1F as well.

@jassin000 has a MV-1FZ, we all have problems with MV-1F or MV-1FS and possibly MV-1FT as well as soon as @PascalP can confirm.

I'm positive it's not a PSU issue (I have a NVS4000 PSU in my NAC) as I have also tested it on a brand new MeanWell MWP606 PSU (which delivers 15 amps on the 5v and 4 amps on the 12v line) with a HAS v3.1.

I'd advise to get a MV-1F instead and do some testing yourself, of course @deibit can do some testing for you as soon as he receives @LHantz's MV-1F.

I promise to get some specific, logs of results soon, but overall, the SD cards seem less of an issue for me. Most of my issues are coming post-flash. Am I correct that there's nothing being read, other than the menu assets, from the SD card once the roms have flashed and the cart has rebooted?

I had various things happen last night. Here are a few, in general for now, and I'll get them much more specific at a later time.

- When loading roms to all (3) slots, then cycling the slots (i.e. going from 1->2, 2->3, then 3->1), when going from 3->1, it crashes the cart
- All (3) slots populated, removed all (3) flashed roms and added (1) new rom to slot 1. Rebooted to new rom in slot 1 correctly, but slots 2 and 3 remain populated (maybe this is intended)
- Missing graphical assets in Top Players Golf when all (3) slots are populated. When it's alone in slot 1, it's fine.
- Button 5 does not call up the menu from the boot screen - it simply reboots the cart back to the boot screen in a loop until power is pulled
- Upon each cold boot, all menu options are lost and setting are reset back to default (maybe this is intended as well - sorry if I missed that)
- During ROM flashing, graphical glitches with menu text, unreadable, screen mostly garbage (pics to come)

MV-1C w/HAS to a BVM
1) that shouldnt happen
2) Let me check but if you removed the game, it should remain empty.
3) I'll check on my setup
4) What do you mean with button 5?
5) that shouldnt happen. I guess it's a battery thing.
6) This happens on some motherboards and only during updating process. Doesnt affect anything gameplay or performance of the cart.

I have a MV-1F. You're forgetting @LHantz who has a MV-1F as well.
@jassin000 has a MV-1FZ, we all have problems with MV-1F or MV-1FS and possibly MV-1FT as well as soon as @PascalP can confirm.

I'm positive it's not a PSU issue (I have a NVS4000 PSU in my NAC) as I have also tested it on a brand new MeanWell MWP606 PSU (which delivers 15 amps on the 5v and 4 amps on the 12v line) with a HAS v3.1.

I'd advise to get a MV-1F instead and do some testing yourself, of course @deibit can do some testing for you as soon as he receives @LHantz's MV-1F.
We'll test with everything we have.

Hey Darksoft I have a mv-1fs also, and my multi is supposed to be arriving today is there anything that you might want me to do differently then what’s been done already or just see if I get the same results. I have a unibios 3.3 and the original stock bios.

we have tested it extensively on many MV-1F** boards and as @jassin000 reported, he had no problems.
I don't think jassin's tests on the MV-1FZ are valid for the MV-1F(S). the MV-1FZ is very different from MV-1F(S)... despite the similar name it's a totally different board design.

it's my understanding that MV-1F is nearly identical to MV-1FS, but MV-1FZ is a completely redesigned board (more similar to the VM-1A)

MF-1FS:
maxresdefault2.jpg

MV-1FZ:
maxresdefault.jpg

MV-1A:
IMG_20160330_201705.jpg

Last edited:
I will post this here again, to make sure no one misses it and we get a clear understanding on where we are.

We have received a lot of possitive feedback from many of you who are enjoying your MVSMulti carts without a problem. From the over 100+ cartridges sent, looks like some people having MV-1F* mobos are having problems, that as usual, we will fix. From the distance is complicated to replicate those errors but we'll get the proper setup and narrow down where the problem comes and find a solution.

Just FYI, all carts are tested one by one. The firmware and menu are written first, then 3 games are loaded, one on each slot. Then we check that each game loaded properly and works flawless, then we switch to next game, and so on. The issue here is clearly related to those setups as the carts went through all the test process without flaws. Not sure if it's specific to the MV-1F type or something else with that setup. We'll find out and come with a solution. For now, all of you enjoying your setup feel free to post here your experience as well.

Hey Darksoft I have a mv-1fs also, and my multi is supposed to be arriving today is there anything that you might want me to do differently then what’s been done already or just see if I get the same results. I have a unibios 3.3 and the original stock bios.
I suspect you'll have the same problems that everyone with a MV-1FS is having. I hope I'm wrong, but please let us know.

I have the game crash issue as well on both mv1-fz and mv1-fzs (unibios 3.2 and 3.3, sandisk and samsung microsd).
Did you have any problems with it hanging on boot, or missing games? That seems to be the other issues that both I and Sp33dFr34k ran into on ours.

always welcome to visit Boston and swing by! I've got the multi and MV-1c if you want to test.
That requires driving in Boston though :P Seriously though, maybe you, @jassin000 and I should get together at some point. Does he still have the proto cart? I'd be interesting to see if it has problems on my MV-1FS or if my final cart runs problem free in your 1C or his 1FZ

--------
If anyone has a reasonably priced MV-1A or MV-1FZ I may be interested in buying it to do some testing.

I'd been thinking about picking one up anyway just to have a smaller setup.

Does he still have the proto cart? I'd be interesting to see if it has problems on my MV-1FS or if my final cart runs problem free in your 1C or his 1FZ
Yea I've still got the beta cart...

I hate visiting Boston city, I owe like 250$ in parking tickets to that stupid town. :P

Come on out to Fitchburg guys, it's basically the wild west out here (little to no law enforcement) I do whatever I want on the daily.
FYI I haven't even bothered to inspect my car since 2015, Fitchburg just don't give a f*ck. ;)

MV-1C w/HAS to a BVM
@noonan2678 settings for the menu are stored in backup ram like any game, so either your battery is bad or backup ram is bad.
Can you please check?

About button 5, AFAIK the bios cant handle 5 buttons, only 4. Just use the other 4.

Back