What's new
Installed it, everything seems to work fine except for the multi always "restoring to defaults" , and thus not saving the menu settings anymore

Happens on reboot, happens on going to menu from a game and happens everytime I turn on the machine.

Installed it, everything seems to work fine except for the multi always "restoring to defaults" , and thus not saving the menu settings anymore

Happens on reboot, happens on going to menu from a game and happens everytime I turn on the machine.
same here

So, looking around, I found a patch to fix the UniBIOS' startup logo corruption the cart displays on first boot. I applied it, and it works, now the logo is completely black. Not ideal, but way more polished. If interested, all I had to do is:

- take the prom file from the updated menu
- open it with a hex editor, change address 0x109 from 40 to 04
- save, and run again the update process of the cart.

It worked, now my cart shows black logo while first starting.

Edit: fixed wording for clarity.

Last edited:
So, looking around, I found a patch to fix the UniBIOS' startup logo corruption the cart displays on first boot. I applied it, and it works, now the logo is completely black. Not ideal, but way more polished. If interested, all I had to do is:

This should have been 'fixed' in the new menu update. No need to hex edit anything. I haven't tried the new menu yet though.

What would be "ideal" for you? For the maker of the Unibios to redesign his bios? The way he pulls his logo is on him, not us.

Turn off the splash screen. Problem solved no patch needed

This should have been 'fixed' in the new menu update. No need to hex edit anything. I haven't tried the new menu yet though.
What would be "ideal" for you? For the maker of the Unibios to redesign his bios? The way he pulls his logo is on him, not us.
Well, at least in my case, the logo corruption was still there after updating to latest menu, the hexedit removed it (albeit with no logo at all). My "ideal" status would be for the cart to display the logo like virtually every other cart does. I am not talking about technical limits, only about what would be ideal for me. If it's possible to do that (or display a different image, which I've seen some carts do and it's very nice) is a different story.

I'm sure he means well Mits...

@aha2940 did you try the new menu yet?
Yes, I did try it but it did not change a thing. Well, actually the logo corruption changed from vertical white bars on the logo area to random white drawings, nothing else.

what logo corruption?
If you use a UniBIOS, you've seen it when your cart starts just after power-on. If you do not use UniBIOS, then nevermind.
Ah ok!

I'm already "forced" to use Bootleg BIOSes for Naomi, ST-V, G-Net.. fortunately I don't need them for MVS.. and neither for the AES once the Multi comes :)

We didnt touch anything related to saving settings, so must be related to NGH number and doing what @aha2940 mention should fix the issue. We'll come back with an update but not today, so if you are unsure don't update the menu yet please.

Excuse my newbie question, but until i recover my multi MVS from Darksoft, i'd like to play with my yellow one but what's the point with the 161 in 1 is it dangerous for my CMVS omega ? By the way retrogamingcables finally go for it's own version of packapunch RGB cable for omega CMVS.

Dangerous, perhaps but without the DS cart people would still use them.

I've used various cheap multis for years and until I can afford a second DS cart will continue to in one of my cabs.

Excuse my newbie question, but until i recover my multi MVS from Darksoft, i'd like to play with my yellow one but what's the point with the 161 in 1 is it dangerous for my CMVS omega ? By the way retrogamingcables finally go for it's own version of packapunch RGB cable for omega CMVS.
I had to dremel the connector edges of my 161-in-1 since it didn't even fit in my Omega CMVS. If it seems like you are applying too much force to get it in, it might be because of that.

Updated 2nd post of this thread with this information:

We have converted the Neo Geo monitor test tool, so you can check that your Multi is properly working and will help understanding better where the problem comes from. Just rename your 2020bb folder to something else and copy this one instead. Load that 2020bb into any slot and run it.
So, the game 2020bb can be named anything, but the Monitor Test Tool requires the folder name to be exactly "2020bb"? Please elaborate and I'll get it in the pack. I'm working on an update right now :D

Last edited:
No, the tool can be in any directory, I just chose 2020bb because the 1st game on the list and would be faster to navigate.

Back