What's new
yes, confirmed, my MVS console has a 5V mod, the builder confirmed this.
Oh, I overlooked that your MVS is 5V modded. That makes it significantly easier to get a PSU. Here's a beefy 5V/6A at $10/shipped that would do the trick. This isn't guaranteed to fix your multi issue, but you should have a better PSU anyways.

I see too many customized things here that could be the source of the problem:
5V mod, not preferred (at least for me) PSU type and no other mobos to try with. Let's see if the seller of the mobo can try with others and shed some light here about what the real problem is.
yes i think so. In this way he can perform various test, with different motherboard and different PSU. If the issue will be present in every condition, i will send the cart to you for additional investigations.

yes, confirmed, my MVS console has a 5V mod, the builder confirmed this.
Oh, I overlooked that your MVS is 5V modded. That makes it significantly easier to get a PSU. Here's a beefy 5V/6A at $10/shipped that would do the trick. This isn't guaranteed to fix your multi issue, but you should have a better PSU anyways.
ah perfect! thanks!

@Darksoft assured me, that the Multi needs even lesser power than regular MVS games. So I think that a to weak PSU isn't the problem here...
I think there is a missunderstanding here, probably I didnt explained it well. Regular carts with several mobos according to my measurements take about 1.2 Amps 5V, the multi, depending on the configuration take up to 1.6 Amps 5V. Difference is small, we are talking of 6W vs. 8W but still...

The flashes themselves the take less power than regular Eproms or Mask roms, like 80% less.

Ok, so I got my cart today, but the excitement was short lived because so far I haven't been able to get it to do anything at all. Here's a summary of what I done so far.

Copied the Neo Geo Roll-Up BETA 2 (05-03-2018) to a Kingston 16GB Micro SD formatted in Fat32 (when I had problems I also set up an alternative with a Samsung 32GB, but neither card performed differently.

My primary MVS is a UNIBIOS MV-1F that I consolized myself (basically just tapped the RGB lines for running into a Framemeister). It uses an original JAMMA power supply, and has a good battery.

On this system, I get absolutely no output at all. Just a black screen, regardless of if there is an SD card inserted or not. I know there is a setup time involved on the first boot, so I let it sit for a good 10min, but nothing. I know people have had success alternating voltages with this motherboard, so I tried every voltage from 4.70 to 5.25v stepping up by 0.05v each time. Nothing.

I have three MV-1Cs with original BIOS that I got in a lot awhile back I was planning on reselling, but figured they might offer an alternative. These are hooked up with a supergun running off of standard ATX PC powersupply, and through a modified SNES JP21 SCART cable to the framemeister. They do indeed perform differently. They all output this screen with an SD card inserted:

]
qdHklPc.jpg

The screen starts out animating a bit, kind of pulsing, then after awhile it stops. The screen is similar with no SD card inserted at all, just a different mess of gibberish. Sometimes, after waiting 2-3 minutes, the screen turns completely white.

Checking the SD Cards in the computer shows no change...the update folder doesn't delete, so I know no firmware update completed, and there's no BUF file generated.

All four systems work perfectly with original carts.

I'm so confused and a little frustrated...is it possible I got a lemon? I don't see any obvious signs of shipping damage, and of course I tried the obvious solution of polishing the contacts with alcohol, but so far I've got nothing. Let me know what else I can try, thanks!

looks like something is wrong with your cart. @Mitsurugi-w what do you think?
Looks very similar to the one I fixed last week. Even if there is no sd card you should get messages on screen.

Can you send it to me for to look at? Unfortunately there will be some units with manufacturing errors.

looks like something is wrong with your cart. @Mitsurugi-w what do you think?
Looks very similar to the one I fixed last week. Even if there is no sd card you should get messages on screen.
Can you send it to me for to look at? Unfortunately there will be some units with manufacturing errors.
Thanks for getting back with me. Please PM me your address, and I'll get it sent to you ASAP.

All,

Just got the cart... and I have a 4 slot MVS (full arcade game) with no mods (original bios). I know that problems with the 4 slot boards are mentioned but I thought they related to game switching or other things.

Please see the glitches I'm getting in the video below. I do not believe this relates to the contacts as they go away on certain screens and I have cleaned this motherboard such that MVS carts work perfectly pretty much the first time every slot. Can anyone please advise what my issue might be?

All,

Just got the cart... and I have a 4 slot MVS (full arcade game) with no mods (original bios). I know that problems with the 4 slot boards are mentioned but I thought they related to game switching or other things.

Please see the glitches I'm getting in the video below. I do not believe this relates to the contacts as they go away on certain screens and I have cleaned this motherboard such that MVS carts work perfectly pretty much the first time every slot. Can anyone please advise what my issue might be?

That's similar to what I get. Waiting for the first firmware update to hopefully fix it.

4 slots are known to have issues, presumably for the same reason the UniBIOS gets corruption on the logo.

I believe it's because all 4 slots share the SRAM on the board and the multi is probably trying to access areas of memory that are reserved for 4 slot functions which of course isn't an issue on a 1 slot board.

Darksoft and Mitsu are aware of it, they're working on it and have already said it will be addressed :)

adjusting the voltage fixes it to an extent so it might be something related to that too. I had / have the exact same issues

All,

I've never seen glitches like these. Must be something else going on here. The glitches I mean are 3 or 4 of these lines randomly showing up.

These are the same graphic glitches as mine, I posted about them a couple times before already

So two different users say my issue is similar to what they see and Darksoft says it isn’t the glitches he expects on a 4 slot. What should I do?

I’m running an arcade cabinet with a new factory power supply - I don’t think it’s the voltages based on my multimeter checks and I’m not sure if the power supply adjusts.

Is there a thread on here from the developers which clearly describes the KNOWN problems with the 4 slots? I’m trying to understand if the issue is on my end or the carts end. If it is my end at least I can sell it and recoup some of my money. There are probably plenty of people on the pre order thread with one slot systems who would enjoy using this cart but it is unusable to me like this.

So, I've been having some random issues and I have a MV1T and I just realized for the first time the battery has been removed from my board. Is this possibly the issue and what's the best suggestions. Its always worked fine so I guess I never noticed.

Edit: I could just as easily buy a MV1FZ or B on ebay. They are cheap enough. I'm not a Neo Geo expert on the differences though so any opinion would be appreciated.

Last edited:
What are ‘random’ issues?
If you describe them we could narrow it down ;)

So two different users say my issue is similar to what they see and Darksoft says it isn’t the glitches he expects on a 4 slot. What should I do?
2 users doesn't make it a rule. The glitches that I've seen and hve been reported to me are similar to yours but much less. We are fixing things as we can and we'll eventally solve all problems.

Freezing but background I Garou keeps moving. Background in Neo turf Masters goes glitchy but game still works. Restart loops.

I’m trying a new SD card now and will see if they persist.

Edit: @PascalP Sorry mobile earlier.

Last edited:
Back