What's new
I will get ya more info tonight guys, I was half asleep yesterday when I was doing all this. And yes it was a microSD inside of an adapter.

I'm very confused by this entire discussion...PSP (all versions) used Sony's own Memory Stick Duo format aka MagicGate II and III tech (not microSD).
No adapters exist to change a Memory Stick into microSD (pretty sufficient size difference between the two).
LOL - was just going to say the same thing.

I'm very confused by this entire discussion...
PSP (all versions) used Sony's own Memory Stick Duo format aka MagicGate II and III tech (not microSD).
No adapters exist to change a Memory Stick into microSD (pretty sufficient size difference between the two).
Here is the memory *card that was in my PSP.
image1-2.jpeg

I am currently reformatting the card and doing what Milspex suggested with SDFormatter. I will reload the games and test some more. BRB

Is that a class 2 microSD (could be a 4 hard to see in the pic)?
Yea I wouldn't use that...

First off 32GB is too much for Neo-Geo (the entire ROM set fits on a 16GB and if you trim a few of the bootlegs/alternates you can fit it on a 8GB).
Sandisk have given me some issues on Darksoft devices (like STV and F3) in the past, so I would highly recommend Samsung Evo's.
SD read/write speeds are very noticable on the Multi, you want the fastest card money can buy formatted with the largest cluster size option.

The Samsung Evo Class 10 UH-1 card can read at 48MB/s, a Class 2 Sandisk 2MB/s.

Last edited by a moderator:
My experience with Sandisk is positive..I use them everywhere (all darksoft multi, all everdrives, FPGAs and raspberries, PSIO whatever..)

Just make sure not to buy them on eBay or places like that...

I also use SanDisc for all of my multis without any issue. I buy them on Amazon.

Perhaps my issues with Sandisk are because I've got some less than reputable cards.
I've purchased on eBay before, but now its Amazon all the way.

I use an ADATA 16GB card with my cart. It seems to have no issues with the multicart.

That new menu was a huge improvement. No more of that bad game connection messages, tried loading last sword 2 three times (complete slot writes) and no issues at all, and it may be my imagination but felt to boot/load a bit faster.

Only flaw I am having now that was working before the new menu is Garou Mark of the Wolves is having problems. I can start the game, get to the loading screen, but when I start fighting I can only use button two and the sticks to fight. I tried rebooting a few times with different characters, wrote 3 different games to the cart, and then re-writing the game but using slot 2 instead (was slot 1) but had the same issue where I can only use button two to fight. I do use a mv-1fz, a arcade forge mak strike (with undamened voltage mod recommendation), undamned usb adapter, x-arcade xbox to ps2 adapter, and the x-arcade solo as my normal stick. For giggles I unplugged the stick, plugged in my aes stick, rebooted, and tested again but same issue with Mark of the Wolves where I can only fight with button two. I had played Mark of the Wolves before the new menu and it worked so I know it is something small that needs patched but just reporting it. Let me know if you need more info. I am using the rom pack from March 30th, added the new menu from 1-2 days ago, and (don't have it up and handy) but I did delete that cache file off the root of the sd card like in the instructions. I do have unibios 3.3.

Forgot to mention. I can use button 1 for character selection.

i had issues with losing buttons.. sometimes only one of the buttons worked and the other not.. sometimes button 2 worked as button 1..

crazy things.. reducing voltage solved it.

Just tried 4 voltages. I was at about 5.02v which was a good in between for my cps2 with multi and the neo geo since they share a supergun with arcade power supply. I tried rewriting MotW to slot 3 and put new games on for slots 1 and 2. I adjusted down to 5v, rebooted and tested, no change, went down to 4.9v, rebooted, tested, no change, went down to 4.8v, rebooted, tested no change, went to 4.78v, rebooted, no change, went back up to 5v, but still no change. Don’t want to go too crazy volt wise since that multi was on the pricey side. I can test more voltages, just want input before I put any extra strain on my multi. I can try another sd card. Would deleting that buff file again make any difference? Haven’t tried button 4 on the character select screen but I know I buttons 1-3 work at the character selection. Just no 1,3-4 when fighting. While fighting I did try going into the unibios and button c worked to reset the game so I don’t think it is a voltage/ground issue to my buttons once I am fighting. The soft reset didn’t help but I did try that like 3 times tonight while playing MotW. Kind of interesting only being able to kick and elbow. Kind of helps you time your attacks and counters, lol. Let me know if you have any other ideas to test.

there's no risk on going down on voltage. Problem is going up. Try going down to 4.6V.

how are you sharing the power between your two pcbs and the supergun? Do you have a 2-in-1 Janna splitter or something similar?

i had issues with losing buttons.. sometimes only one of the buttons worked and the other not.. sometimes button 2 worked as button 1..

crazy things.. reducing voltage solved it.
I thought the MV-1FZ didn't have that voltage issue, I have one on the way :(

the FZ itself does not have issues when I use it directly connected to the HAS, I get the issues only when I connect it through a 6-in-1 and an additional Jamma extender.

Well, actually it's not an issue anymore.. Every PCB connected to my 6 in 1 has special voltage needs (CPS1 and CPS2 are specially picky) One just need to know what's the sweet point of each :)

@deibit I was on the fence about getting a 6 jamma switch now that I got 3 Darksoft multis (Cps2, Neo & St-V) and hoping to find a cheap F3 motherboard for a 4th. I heard they weren’t working good with the multi but if you say it’s good with a little fine tuning then I think I might just have to jump in. Where did you get you switch and extenders from?

the FZ itself does not have issues when I use it directly connected to the HAS, I get the issues only when I connect it through a 6-in-1 and an additional Jamma extender.

Well, actually it's not an issue anymore.. Every PCB connected to my 6 in 1 has special voltage needs (CPS1 and CPS2 are specially picky) One just need to know what's the sweet point of each :)
Ah, crucial bit of info there, I don't use one of those so should be good :D

Back