What's new
can you try reformatting your microsd. Problem may come from there. .aka sure you format with 64kb cluster size.

Nvram clear solves it all!

I put:-
Ragnagard - slot 1
Shock troppers 2 - slot 2
Rage of the dragons - slot 3

Loading crashed first time ( on shock troppers 2)
Re-pick games loaded

Ragnagard worked after above
Shock troppers 2 does repeat crash with unibios error
Rage of the Dragons works fine after first bios error ( on boot )
Input Booted back to Ragnagard and it crashed !

Moved games:-

Shock Troppers 2 - slot 1
Rage of the Dragons - slot 2
Ragnagard - slot 3

Locked on rebooting screen
Shock Troopers ( repeat bios error )
Power of and on
B to load slot 2 ( quick boot error ) Rage of the dragons worked fine
Jump to Ragnagard ( crashed )

Tried each game in slot 1 ( no other games loaded )

Ragnagard - bios error on boot, then worked
Deleted above -
Added Shock Troppers 2 to slot 1 - ( locked up on rebooting.... )
Power off and on - jump to slot 1 crashed
Removed cart- cleared Nvram - Shocktroopers worked fine!
Added Randnagrad to slot 2 - stuck on rebooting screen
Power off and on
Both games crashed again!
Removed randargard. ( rebooting locked again...... )
Power off and on
Shock Troppers crashes again.
Power off
Removed card and cleard Nvram.
Shock Troppers 2 and Radnagard worked!
Added SvC slot 3 all perfect! ( and jumped to other slots and back )
Removed SvC for Rage of the Dragons all perfect!

the rebooting error is a strange one ( just locks up )
I've found the unibios soft reset the easy way round it

Edit:-
The rebooting error got to me so i:-
Added my games back -
Viewpoint - slot 1
ZuPapa - slot 2
Money puzzle ex - 3

Rebooted first time nice and fast, all worked great as per!

Some how the first lot of games cause an error or two, Nvram helps games work not help rebooting lockup

End of edit -

Hope this helps!
2 Slot MVS
Unibios 2.3
Latest menu / roll up pack
Never touched the Buff file ( like my high scores )

Last edited:
@ZuPoint glad to hear that. Among the new things we'd like to add in the next release is not having to delete buff file anymore and being able to delete nvram from within the menu. That means not having to go to the service menu.

Cheers.

@ZuPoint glad to hear that. Among the new things we'd like to add in the next release is not having to delete buff file anymore and being able to delete nvram from within the menu. That means not having to go to the service menu.

Cheers.
Any chance the Nvram clear option could be set to every boot.( via option )
Not just to solve all faults, but one less option to reset and having to go back to menu screen to activate.
Just set it and forget it!

Ps. Love testing user errors just to try games not played!

Funny thing is I did too, and it sucked super hard!
You had to format the adapter with both microSD's inserted, if one was removed or failed for any reason ALL the data was gone.
@jassin000 see if you can edit your posted pictures. They are not properly visible. Page 37 of this thread.

They are not properly visible. Page 37 of this thread.
It's just a picture of that stupid microSD to memory stick adapter.
The multi takes microSD, so it really has zero to do with anything here.

I only mentioned it because this would be the only way he could have used the same memory device in both a PSP and your MVS Multi (because one takes memory stick and one takes microSD).

Also it appears images are just broken across the entire site today (at least ALL of mine are)?
1SMXlWX.png

^ yea see def broken!
Is it something specific to Imgur host?

Last edited by a moderator:
hi guys, good news. The guy who is testing the MVS changed the microSD, he bought a Sandisk 8GB (class 4 probably) and it works perfectly!!!!
great news. Glad that you got it sorted!
HI, today my console and cart are returned on my hands :) It works, I confirm that with the new microSD (Kingstone 8GB Class 10) it works! Yeah. I have updated the menu. I have 2 questions:

1) is it normal that every time that I tunr on the console, it takes about 80/90 seconds before the menù appears? If i'm not wrong it took this time only the first time, but starting from the 2nd time, the initial loading time was faster...or am I wrong?

2) this is my About screen. Does it means that everything is ok? https://s14.postimg.cc/y13j6q5qp/IMG_1184.jpg

1) The larger the ROMs you have loaded, the longer this process can take.

2) Screen looks normal, the game list is cut down atm (147/161) because the bootlegs have been removed.
Once DS gets all the OG games working he will enable bootz.

thanks

1) currently I have loaded 1) KIng of the Monster 2 2)Kizuna Encounter 3) Matrimelee
Is it normal? I mean: it takes 80/90 second at the beninning, immediately after the turn on of the console.

2) ok, perfect. I read tha DS is working on a fw update too, very good!

You can always launch the DS Multi ''amateur version'' (flash based) to support those guys that want a proper neogeo flash-based solution and weren't satisfied with the previous product :)

Hi guys,
now probably I’m going to say something absurd… is there any conceivable way in order to reduce (or zeroing) the startup time? i.e. keeping powered the flashcart RAM (through a battery backup or through a parallel 5V taken before CMVS power switch)? Full flash solutions like NeoSD are slow to flash, but they offer almost instant power on.

Thank you in advance.
Best regards.

Locutus73

I'll put my hand up and say I'll happily fix any carts in Australian users hands if it helps. If you'd prefer to look after it yourselves I understand that too.
Wow this would be a great solution!

I'm sure DS will be in touch.

:D

Back