What's new

Brentradio

Champion
Reaction score
So if you own Darksoft's awesome Neo Geo MVS (or soon to be released AES) Multi cart, please post what brand, type, and size of SD card you are successfully using so others may benefit from your knowledge and good fortune.

:D

Samsung EVO Micro SD 16GB

I only use Darksoft approved Samsung EVO Micro SD cards :D
In 16, 32, and have even successfully used 64gb cards with his other multis.

Guess I'll go buy one of them to prepare :)

I usually use Sandisk Ultra's for everything everdrivey and haven't had anything go wrong yet. If people are interested I'm happy to test, but my multi is coming to Australia and hasn't shipped yet :( By that point hopefully someone has already done it.

Can't go wrong with Samsung cards (as long as you don't buy fakes from Aliexpress that is ;) )

Reactions: s8n
ebay as well , might save a buck but your getting a inferior Card and it won't last long.

I also have Sandisk Ultra's for everything, never had any issues with them. Will test with the MVS multi as well and report back here :)

Works fine with a Kingston 16GB, although I bought 2 cheap ones off Ebay and it turns out they were both duds, took me all night to figure it out! Luckily I used the one I had in my Taito F3 Multi. Just a warning, don't buy cheap SD cards just pay a bit more.

I can confirm that the Multi works with a SanDisk Ultra 16GB (Class 10).
The card I've tried is; SanDisk Ultra microSDHC UHS-I Card 16GB 80MB/s (Class 10). Faster versions are available from Sandisk ("A1" (98MB/s)) for example.

+1 for a SanDisk Ultra 16GB (Class 10) formatted on a Mac. Had to run terminal commands to remove the "hidden files" though.

Also confirming success with Samsung 32GB EVO Plus Class 10 Micro SDHC (MB-MC32DA/AM)

Using a Transcend Premium Class 10 with 16GB I got from Amazon for 7 bucks. Works totally without problems.

I use Sandisk Ultra SDSQUAR-016G-GN6IA for everything MicroSD related

Just make sure not to buy them from eBay, Aliexpress or from non reputable "strangely cheap" (or maybe not that cheap) suppliers.

I've tested with 3 micro SD cards now.

My setup is

MVS = MV2B
HAS with UDUSB running 5.04V to Sony TV Via S-Video
and
MVS = MV2B
Exceleena Cabinet Running 5.04V

Sandisk Ultra 16 GB - not sure on the exact details is just one I had floating around.
ADATA 16GB - AUSDH16GUICL10-R
Strontium 16GB. - SR16GTFC6A

I have have had pretty good success with all 3. The only issues so far I've noticed have been on games with known bugs.

I use sandisk Extreme 95mb/s 32gb. Works fine and it's extremely fast, more than expected!

anyone tried the below Micro SD Card ?

resize.jpg

Back