What's new

timohendriks200

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

i have a KI 1 and KI 2 board combined woth a 2 in 1 jamma switcher with remote (cbs 8118)

Games work both, but when i switch i keep getting the sound of the game in slot J1

I don't own one, but here are some things I would try/test...

• Have you measured the +5v, +12v and -5v lines after powering this rig on? Remember the draw when using two boards at the same time will be greater and likely will need an adjustment/bump up.
  • I see it also functions as a JAMMA splitter, have you checked over any/all on-board jumpers to make sure you are using it as a switcher and not a splitter? The audio description sounds like its acting as a splitter (tho I understand the video IS switching correctly).
  • Are both boards hooked up via JAMMA edge alone? No RCA or external audio harnesses of any kind.
  • I can't find any manuals for this thing online (even when using the proper name GBS-8118) did it come with anything you could use to diagnose?
  • What happens when you connect just one board at a time to each of the JAMMA inputs (try 'em both J1 & J2) do you get any sound then?
i have a KI 1 and KI 2 board combined woth a 2 in 1 jamma switcher with remote (cbs 8118)
GBS-8118, fixed that for you. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I had one of these switchers a while back that had same problem. I ended up returning it and getting 6 in 1 switcher. I’ve heard nothing but bad reviews from people about the 2 in 1 I originally had bought.

Jup it's the same one. I already have a 6 in 1 switcher in the MK cabinet next to my KI cab. So i decided to put in a 2 in 1 and a 6 in 1 because when i put in 2 times a 6 in 1 it will switch games on both machines trough the remote.........

I don't own one, but here are some things I would try/test...

• Have you measured the +5v, +12v and -5v lines after powering this rig on? Remember the draw when using two boards at the same time will be greater and likely will need an adjustment/bump up.
  • I see it also functions as a JAMMA splitter, have you checked over any/all on-board jumpers to make sure you are using it as a switcher and not a splitter? The audio description sounds like its acting as a splitter (tho I understand the video IS switching correctly).
  • Are both boards hooked up via JAMMA edge alone? No RCA or external audio harnesses of any kind.
  • I can't find any manuals for this thing online (even when using the proper name GBS-8118) did it come with anything you could use to diagnose?
  • What happens when you connect just one board at a time to each of the JAMMA inputs (try 'em both J1 & J2) do you get any sound then?
GBS-8118, fixed that for you. ;)
1) 5+ v Yes, i had to tune it up to get the games booting. Those midway boards always need a little over +5.0v
2) Ok that might be an option, havent found a jumper on the board. I contacted the seller with my problem....
3) Jamma extended cable and i switched both cables but problem stays the same.
4) Yeah couldn't find a manual online as well, obv didnt received a paper one with the switcher :p
5) I'm gonna try it, i think only J1 gives sound tbh......

Thanks for your solutions :)

the only "Jumper spot" i could find. It's next to the telecom connector were you put in the cable that comes from the receiver

Attachments

• 2in1 switcher.gif
    2in1 switcher.gif
    129.3 KB · Views: 319
Jup it's the same one. I already have a 6 in 1 switcher in the MK cabinet next to my KI cab. So i decided to put in a 2 in 1 and a 6 in 1 because when i put in 2 times a 6 in 1 it will switch games on both machines trough the remote........
I gave up on that 2 in 1 since it was broken and the reviews were all bad I read. There is another 2 in 1 alternative but it’s more expensive. I have not used it myself but I’ve heard it is much better. Also there is no remote. Here is link for other switcher.
I remember reading a while back about a mod for the 6 in 1 to eliminate the remote. That may help you out too so you can use multiple 6 in 1 switchers

I have the mikes arcade in my mk1 - for mk1/mk2 switch it works AWESOME.. well worth the money.. just make sure to buy it direct.. I bought mine second hand and the seller gave me a cheap extender.. and the pinouts are wrong on one of the endge connectors and would screw up the video on my second game.. took me a whole weekend to rewire the harness.. but once I did it works flawlessly.. highly recommended.

I have the mikes arcade in my mk1 - for mk1/mk2 switch it works AWESOME.. well worth the money.. just make sure to buy it direct.. I bought mine second hand and the seller gave me a cheap extender.. and the pinouts are wrong on one of the endge connectors and would screw up the video on my second game.. took me a whole weekend to rewire the harness.. but once I did it works flawlessly.. highly recommended.
Lol this is what i need. I have 2 cheap jamma switchers from the early days. One side works perfect, the other side flashing video, i tried out so many possibilities, resolder cables / connectors etc. So now reading your comment i think we have the same switchers. Do you have the pinouts for me ? If you take the bord in front of you with the MAIN JAMMA connector UP then the left side works and right side has the video errors.

Does the Mikes adapter pass through the 4th button for both players? My Egret2 has the 4th button available on the Jamma edge.

Does the Mikes adapter pass through the 4th button for both players? My Egret2 has the 4th button available on the Jamma edge.
I don’t think so. According to the docs the pinout looks like it only supports 3 buttons for each player. Here is link to manual it’s possible I don’t have one to test. I’d say definitely no 5th button support

I have a Mike's 2in1 Jamma Switcher and it is an excellent, high-quality product that is worth the price you'll pay for it, but it does have three strong caveats...
- no wiring for buttons 4 or 5 (you'll have to run a wire or kick harness from your board).
- the press P1+P2 to switch games doesn't play nice with some of those bootleg Chinese boards as they tend to use start in their button combinations (you can get around this by wiring a button up close to the board's jamma connector).
- There are no mounting holes on the Mike 2in1 Board to attach PCB feet.

Last edited:
NO just 1 through 3.. when I used it for MK I had to rewire my Control panel to allow for all the buttons to work at the same time

Lol this is what i need. I have 2 cheap jamma switchers from the early days. One side works perfect, the other side flashing video, i tried out so many possibilities, resolder cables / connectors etc. So now reading your comment i think we have the same switchers. Do you have the pinouts for me ? If you take the bord in front of you with the MAIN JAMMA connector UP then the left side works and right side has the video errors.
Tim.. you have to basically invert the connections.. here is how I did it..

the cheap adapter I had soldered all the +5v and gnd for both sides together.. so that was perfect.. at that point I started there. I plugged 1 end of the adapter to the second board edge.. and then labeled that the component side, and worked right to left, matching the wires from the other end of the adapters pinout - going left to right...

so on a normal jamma adapter it reads pin 1-26 left to right.. and then a - what... x on the bottom side; with the extender - you will have 1 side that is 1-26 left to right, and the other side will be 1-26 right to left, or 26 - 1 left to right.. so the port on one side is pin 26 on the top side, first position, and going down..

Component side edge 1 Top left to right
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z

Component side edge 2 Top left to right
26 25 24 23 22 21 20 19 18 17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

Now wire to the matching numbers: 1 to 1, 2 to 2, 3 to 3, etc until its done -- your wires will basically cross over each other.
do this for both sides and it will fix your issue :)

I just cut the wires right in have.. separated the 2 connectors, twisted, soldered and heat shrunked the connections after I fixed them

OK im gonna try it. Do you have some pictures from your jamma switcher with the wires connected so that i have a better idea / view in my head what to do :)

OK im gonna try it. Do you have some pictures from your jamma switcher with the wires connected so that i have a better idea / view in my head what to do :)
I will have to take them when I get home.. pm me your facebook/email my internet is down until tomorrow at the house so unless you can wait for the photos thats the way I can get them to you tomorrow

or take photos of your adapters (both ends) and I will tell you what wires go to what spot that way.. its easy to do once I see the connections..

Here it is, had to size it down so hope you can see enough on the pics :)

Attachments

• switcher A side.jpg
    switcher A side.jpg
    303.2 KB · Views: 216
  • switcher B side.jpg
    switcher B side.jpg
    353.7 KB · Views: 239
Back