What's new

penrhos

Grand Master
Reaction score
As some TTX3 And Nesica games need the reader can you use any Taito RFID reader?

There's been a few "Left for Dead" readers on YAJ over the last couple of weeks but at 7000-8000 Yen I want to make sure it's going to work before getting one (and yes I know the nice cover is missing).

For example these : https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/f253751875

And as I have a Chinese Vewlix how do I power the damn thing?

I assume the USB cable plugs into the TTX2/3.

The next problem will be locating some Nesica cards to use with them.

There's a two pin JST XHP-2 on the card reader that takes 5V for power labeled P3. Pin 1 is power pin 2 is ground. The cards won't do much of anything for you though because you need to be on the nesica network for them to function.

It will works just fine, just make sure to plug the card reader to the jvs port on the X3 not to usb

It's not so I can use the cards - its so games that expect the card reader don't give me error messages.

I follow you but you don't need nesica cards at all because the game should just boot into offline mode. Just the card reader suffices

Does anyone use their card reader chained through a Sega JVS I/O instead of a Taito one? Does it matter? I don't really know what order everything should be in, I won't be able to setup my Type X for a while but would

J1 on the reader -> USB A on a Type 3 Sega JVS -> JVS port on the Type X work fine? I really just want the setup to be able to switch between fast i/o or jvs depending on the game without having to unplug anything.

the nesica card reader goes directly to the jvs in on the main housing.
Nesica games all use fast io so nothing else will be plugged in to the jvs port

Yeah but I was hoping to just chain it through my Sega JVS so I don't have to unplug anything if I want to play a JVS game. Since I have the Jamma Fast I/O board.

results may vary then. as games may be expecting it to be at a certain address and/or another device assign for that matter

Alright, I'll see how it works out when I get around to setting up my type x. Worst case I can just put a switch between the jvs/card reader.

Back