What's new

jugu

Professional
Reaction score
Howdy,
I picked up a System 357 Bloodline Rebellion system. I'm sure the thing is dead, but I took it apart hoping to learn a thing or two. I took the thing apart, and discovered that a +12v header seems to have been ripped of a PCB somewhere, but I could not find where it should have been attached. This prevents supplying the fans with any power. The Bloodline Rebellion manual I found online doesn't really indicate where this should be mounted. Does anyone know where this is supposed to go to?
IMG_5238.JPG

More pics for perspective would be helpful.

Thanks for the reply @Mitsurugi-w. I'll get better pictures tonight. But that connector leads to a bundle of crimped wires, that then lead to the 2 120mm fans. But I took the system apart and went over the different PCBs but didn't see a spot where that header was separated from.

IMG_5240.JPG

I had a look at my 357 that is waiting to be re-balled last night but couldn't see the header that you have pictured anywhere. I will have another look but I could see any obvious place it could have come from without pulling it apart further.

Thank you Mr. @Blackfish. That’s what I found as well. No obvious place where it leads to. When I get home I’ll take better pictures. If you do take it apart, can follow the fan leads and see where they go?

Thank you.

Oh, whom are you having do the re-ball work? Once I figure this fan issue, I’m sure this system will need it too.

@jugu I'm just going to take it to a local electronics repair crowd. I've emailed them and they said they should be able to do it. I explained that it was basically a PS3. There are re-balling kits available on Aliexpress but I'm not super keen to try a do it myself. Think I would need to practice on some old PS3's before doing it on the 357. I actually want it to work once its been done. :D Plus I've got quite a list of work ahead of me already. I need to recap the PSU's in all my Exceleena's and their my monitor Chassis's. I also have a few other chassis I should do once I get on a roll. I honestly have years of work to do. :/

That looks like a pretty good option. I'm in New Zealand and don't like the idea or cost in shipping the unit overseas. I'm going to give these guys a go http://www.profix.co.nz/ I have been in contract with them and they think they can help me with this and possibly repairing 2 Taito Type X2 [/sup]boards I have that aren't working. [sup]

Here are more pictures of the fan wires and the loose header:
IMG_5246.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5245.JPG
    IMG_5245.JPG
    809 KB · Views: 297
@Blackfish were you able to look at your system to determine the power source for the fans?
Sorry I got sidetracked and totally forgot I was going to do this.

It is from directly behind the USB connections. Here's a couple of photo's.
IMG_1108.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1109.jpg
    IMG_1109.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 280
Back