What's new

undamned

Multi Baez
Champion
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
This will be included as part of the UD-CPS2 DIY kit, but I want to also make them available outside the kit. What do you all think would be a fair price for a robust button replacement module (not 3D printed stuff that is prone to breakage like the originals)? I should have prototypes in a couple weeks ^^
-ud

Sneek peek:

IQ8m4Arl.jpg

Needs some tweaking, but it's pretty close to what the final product will look like. Wires in parallel w/ the tact switches on the A board and the button actuators stick out the original case holes. No case modding. Solder a few wires. Done. + LEDs :D
-ud

Oooh colour me interested. So what's the deal on the actual plastic buttons themselves?

Hehe! Indeed they do. Although I have got away lucky so far ;)
Look forward to seeing news on your prototypes.

Oh now that is a good idea!
I love the added LEDz too, nice touch.

I superglued my button strip back together, but its real stiff feeling now and I'm afraid to press it very hard/often. :/

Oh now that is a good idea!
I love the added LEDz too, nice touch.

I superglued my button strip back together, but its real stiff feeling now and I'm afraid to press it very hard/often. :/
I had a friend 3d model my original ones and recreate it. It's on Shapeways for 10 bucks, which he claims is 0 profit for him. https://www.shapeways.com/product/W...yours-break?optionId=55540384&li=user-profile

Not meaning to hijack btw. Love this plan and will probably get a couple myself when it's ready.

I had a friend 3d model my original ones and recreate it. It's on Shapeways for 10 bucks, which he claims is 0 profit for him. https://www.shapeways.com/product/W...yours-break?optionId=55540384&li=user-profile
Not meaning to hijack btw. Love this plan and will probably get a couple myself when it's ready.
No harm done being as I don't think the 3D printed ones are a good solution :D Sure they look close enough to the originals, but I can almost guarantee they are as fragile as the originals and will end up breaking in the same manner.
-ud

There will be 2 versions of this assembly: one for standard A boards and one for the DIY UD-CPS2 kit. The latter has 2 additional mode buttons. One steers Vol. UP/DN signals to Marq's HDMI board for setup, other changes kick harness configuration for 3 & 4 player games.

DbGBAjtVMAIxfBl.jpg

A little video if the 5 button version in action:

https://twitter.com/therealundamned/status/986712549541470208

-ud

There will be 2 versions of this assembly: one for standard A boards and one for the DIY UD-CPS2 kit. The latter has 2 additional mode buttons. One steers Vol. UP/DN signals to Marq's HDMI board for setup, other changes kick harness configuration for 3 & 4 player games.

DbGBAjtVMAIxfBl.jpg

A little video if the 5 button version in action:

https://twitter.com/therealundamned/status/986712549541470208

-ud
what will be the price of the standard version ?

what will be the price of the standard version ?
I've not made a proper batch of these, so no official price, but likely in the ballpark of $12.

is the a plastic button part of is this the whole thing? I have a few A-boards with the buttons missing.
Yeah, the black shafts go through the slots in the case. Requires soldering a few wires to connect to the A board. No other parts necessary.
-ud

Last edited:
So what's the latest on this @undamned? Just found out the buttons on my DS multi are starting to disintegrate, so need replacement ones. Was going to order the @twistedsymphony replacement buttons, but seems you can't order them anymore. Thanks.

So what's the latest on this @undamned? Just found out the buttons on my DS multi are starting to disintegrate, so need replacement ones. Was going to order the @twistedsymphony replacement buttons, but seems you can't order them anymore. Thanks.
I probably have a few kicking around :) One of many items I keep forgetting to have a bunch made. Shoot me a PM if you want one/some.
-ud

Id love to have a fiddle with these - specifically the 5 button version, just looks like such a sweet thing.

Does anyone know if the project files/gerbers/whatever were ever released for experimentation?

I probably have a few kicking around :) One of many items I keep forgetting to have a bunch made. Shoot me a PM if you want one/some.
-ud

hello there. Is there still a way to get 1 of these proper 3 buttons replacement mini-board for a CPS2 A Board? I got a printed version of my broken test/volume buttons but this was really some piece of junk. This looks really like a solid and durable workable and elegant solution. Any suggestion on how/where to get one please? cheers, regards, eric

Back