What's new

Urabutbl

Student
Reaction score
I have a Type X2 with a multidisk that I bought about two years ago - it has all the usual suspects on there, inclusing a fair few Nesicalive games like Ikaruga and so forth. It also has Jamestown and Crimson Clover. Now, since I know both those two last games are the actual Steam versions, i was wondering whether other games might be installable... I, for one, would love to play for example Cuphead on my arcade (though that might be pushing it a bit).

Anyone out there who knows how?

i too have a few steam games i wouldnt mind playing on my x2 Blast City.

any ideas anyone?

Well the Taito X2 runs on Windows XP embedded. I doubt Cuphead or anything recent is compatible.

You are better off hooking up a JPAC to a PC with proper specs.

Yeah i tried getting stand alone versions of Ikaruga and Jamestown running without any luck.

As long as you can find the dependencies of the game, in check it will run good way to get a rought idea is to setup a vm with windows xp sp2, and install driver with direct x 9b
form there you can get a feel by running your games, and seeing what errrors windows reports,

Just a brief look at Jamestown and the requirements state it needs DirectX 9.0c so that may be why it doesn't work

nah you just need the specfic dlls thats are contained in that package, when running it on 9b you will get exactly what dlls are missing

I tried to install Melty Blood AACC launching the setup exe through CMD and it actually appeared to install correctly. It wasn't until I rebooted that I realized I ended up breaking the multiboot completely. While it boots to the Taito screen, when it should start the multiboot the screen just turns black. Now I'm actually in the process of rebuilding my Multi's C:/ drive trying to fix it.

One interesting thing is that when I tried to install the game to E:\ it would blue screen with a NTFS.sys "unable to write" error about a third of the way through the install. It actually forced me to install the game to the C:\ which makes me think the game modified system files, that either the multi or taito's modifed OS didn't like.

Back