What's new

Alugard

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I'm new to all this stuff, so dont judge me hard :) Got a couple of dimm boards recently (regular ones) as faulty. Also got regular working one.
Plugged one (presumingly bad) in Naomi 2 and it worked out, passed the test, no any issues. Second "faulty" didn't have daughter board on it. So i took it from one i just tested. this booted as well but on the test showed me that one dimm is bad (i had 2 modules each 128 Mb there). I removed on i started system again - black screen, no Naomi logo. GD-ROM read game and then stuck. I put module back - same story. I took daughter board and stick it back to dimm i tested first - black screen. Tied it few more times - same result. Then i took working dimm (3rd one), removed daughter board and put into the 1st one - it booted. So it looks like daughter board died or something. But in general nothing happened, i was careful when performing these operations. so my questions are:

1. Anyone had the same issues? what the heck and what to do with it?
2. Can anyone tell me all the jumper sets on both 2 boards of dimm? i know set responsible for net or gd boot but what are the other?
3. Will daughter board from net dimm work on regular dimm with 1.02 firmware (that was the first one working and the second one which booted once actually). i assume not but want to be sure.
4. maybe someone have spare daughter boards? so far i'm struggling to find any.

Many thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Back