What's new
cannot tell yet...

I'm downloading the beta rom pack again to be sure, but takes a lot of time @230kb/s from file factory link, I can drop off my multicart + SD @Sp33dFr34k tonight.
Don't have a functional MVS motherboard at home currently, just my 1FT with the defective video ram (which is currently in the mail btw)
OK. Let us know how it goes. We'll get it solved.

prepping my SD card now, so to be 100% sure, I replace the menu files in the SM pack in the games/menu location, and put them in the update folder.

But do I put them in the update folder as:
"update\files" or "update\menu\files"?

*I think* I put them in update/menu.

If the files dissapear, that's the right one :D

The files of the menu aka:
crom0, m1rom, prom, srom and vroma0 must be located inside the folder
\update\menu

Yeah in the update/menu folder. It even deletes the folder called menu itself so has to be correct :)

@deibit which motherboard do you use?

I've tried to update from 2 different micro sd card (sandisk 16GB class 10, unbranded microsd 8gb class4), put the files in the /games/menu folder and in /update, powered on the multi and it boots normally, i put back the micro sd on my pc and all the files are still in the update folder. If I go to setting and about I still se the menu build date at Dec 1 2017..can't figure out what's wrong..

I've tried to update from 2 different micro sd card (sandisk 16GB class 10, unbranded microsd 8gb class4), put the files in the /games/menu folder and in /update, powered on the multi and it boots normally, i put back the micro sd on my pc and all the files are still in the update folder. If I go to setting and about I still se the menu build date at Dec 1 2017..can't figure out what's wrong..
You need to put the files in this folder:

update/menu/

If you do it will delete the entire menu folder as well and your update should be successful.

You need to put the files in this folder:
update/menu/

If you do it will delete the entire menu folder as well and your update should be successful.
I've done this about 5 times but the file are still present in both folders after powering on the mvs, wait about 30 second and put back the sd on the pc.
I've tried with the sd where I have the files and folders (that Aldo sent me after receiving the mvs) and with a fresh formatted micro sd (with only /update and /games/menu folders) and in both cases I've used the new menu's files. But I still have the same results: "menu build date Dec 1 2017" and the file still present in both folders

Last edited:
Okay, so again as your post is not very clear in this aspect, did you create the menu folder inside the update folder?

Okay, so again as your post is not very clear in this aspect, did you create the menu folder inside the update folder?
I'm sorry if I'm not clear, I'm try to explain at my best :)

I've put the files directly on the folder "update" and on "/games/menu" .
From what I've read from the first post I need to put the files directly to update and not the menu folder inside the folder update:

"IMPORTANTT!!! In order to update the menu, you need to place the content of the folder menu BOTH into a folder called \update and in the folder \games\menu"

That's not very clear in the instructions indeed, that's why I stated it clearly in my previous comment. Trust me, I've been testing this sucker constantly for a few days now :)

So, once again, put the menu files in update/menu/ (so create the menu folder inside the update folder) and you should be good! :D

Yes, now it works! I only had to put the files on /update/menu and games/menu, but I put the files directly on /update instead.

Cart is in. Build quality is outstanding.

I wanted to try this out with some of the official ROMs you can get off of GOG.

Trying to figure out this update stuff. I've poured over the instructions but can't seem to get it. I know people are creating an /update folder and a /menu folder and that we need 2 of these... but where on earth does it say this? How are we supposed to categorize the MicroSD card in terms of folders? I don't see this either on SaveYourGames or DarkSoft's instructions.

Forgive me if its blatantly posted somewhere. Sometimes these things are hidden in plain sight.

The cart is already updated, you don't need to update anything.

You just need to make sure that you build a correct SD and copy the last version of the menu to games/menu

Don' copy anything to update or to update/menu, at least until an update comes.

Back