What's new
The first post of this thread has been updated. NEW VERSION OF MENU.

To install, please make sure that you follow this procedure:

* exctract microsd and copy the new menu files in the /update/menu folder
* delete BUFF File
* turn MVS on without cartridge and delete NVRAM.
* Insert cart with new menu and wait for it to update and reset (about 20 secs)
So the cart update process should be:

1. Firmware
  2. TOP File
  3. MENU

I havent updated in a while , gonna get to it this weekend.

New Menu/Features/Improvements sound awesome. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
What would be the process for someone who receives a new cart? Mine is still in transit, can i just make a sd card with the latest and that is that? or do i need to do something else?

The first post of this thread has been updated. NEW VERSION OF MENU.

To install, please make sure that you follow this procedure:

* exctract microsd and copy the new menu files in the /update/menu folder
* delete BUFF File
* turn MVS on without cartridge and delete NVRAM.
* Insert cart with new menu and wait for it to update and reset (about 20 secs)
So the cart update the process should be:
  1. Firmware
  2. TOP File
  3. MENU

I havent updated in a while , gonna get to it this weekend.

New Menu/Features/Improvements sound awesome. :thumbsup:
That's right!

What would be the process for someone who receives a new cart? Mine is still in transit, can i just make a sd card with the latest and that is that? or do i need to do something else?
Your cart has already the latest firmware. Download the rompack that Smokemonster made and copy the games into /games folder
Make sure that the folder /update from the microSD is empty and copy on that folder the new menu

It should look like this:

/games
/games/3countb
/games/2020bb
/update
/update/menu

If the update went well, the folder /menu from /update will be deleted

- the monkey animation is very funny, made me smile a lot, but personally I'd go to a dim screen if I had to choose, seems more efficient to me, I'd go black screen but can be confusing could look like a freeze
I also have a comment on the screensaver. The monkey animation appears behind the text in my copy rather than in front. This doesn't address burn in potential for the text areas, which are often brightest. I think the screen dim is the best approach to take rather than the monkey.

- the monkey animation is very funny, made me smile a lot, but personally I'd go to a dim screen if I had to choose, seems more efficient to me, I'd go black screen but can be confusing could look like a freeze
I also have a comment on the screensaver. The monkey animation appears behind the text in my copy rather than in front. This doesn't address burn in potential for the text areas, which are often brightest. I think the screen dim is the best approach to take rather than the monkey.
we know about it....

Just updated my cart with the new Firmware/top/menu combo.
I thought something was messed up at first because after update the cart was crashing to memory exception screen.
I cleared the NVRAM again, deleted the buff and slot files, then rebooted and reloaded the games into the slots again.

Everything I've tested is working perfectly, and the new menu is way more responsive/snappy.

New menu installed.. simple. I deleted my buff file and left my slots intact, and on the first boot it didn't load background animations at all it seemed like. I just loaded a game and came back into the menu from there, and it seemed to correct itself.

Thanks for speeding up the intro animation!

Super dodge ball is loading on my mv1c now :thumbup:

New menu installed.. simple. I deleted my buff file and left my slots intact, and on the first boot it didn't load background animations at all it seemed like. I just loaded a game and came back into the menu from there, and it seemed to correct itself.

Thanks for speeding up the intro animation!

Super dodge ball is loading on my mv1c now :thumbup:
Great news man, thanks for sharing this.

Had my cart on first update for over 6 months with little problems so i could play Ironclad.
Now got the cart So I've just got round to updating my DSMulti cart.

Long story short had a few problems:-

Your update firmware/menu 1st post page was hard to understand/follow. ( top file, menu, firmware order )

Maybe read like:-

Update this first " download link " put in update folder then reboot cart
Update this second "download link " put in update folder then reboot cart
Update this last " download link " copy into menu folder then reboot cart
..............................................................................................

Because MY cart was old update I had to copy into both update AND game folder to get a reboot.
Cart didn't show up in cab untill i added update into both!
( may catch some other older update user out )

...............................................................................................

Now cart is working great :-
Save scores are still saved
Cart boots faster
Love the NVram clear option
Great idea to change the up&start up&left shortcuts.

Will leave poss updates suggestions in other post.
Many thanks.
Carl

I just want to say a HUGE THANKS to darksoft for his hard work !

Now EVERYTHING works great on my Analogue CMVS & Omega CMVS (MV1C Motherboards)

Magician Lord Music FIXED !
Super Dodge Ball NOW WORKING !

Every high scores works now !

Thanks a lot :)

PS: We only need a way to save the MVS Multicard settings on the SD Card (like that we can no longer use a battery on the MVS).
But like that it's already perfect for me.

Edit: I maybe found something on Super Spy, some effects seems to be missing on the music. Can someone is able to check it ? Not sure about this @ekorz ?
Everything else is perfect for me.

Last edited:
Hi - having issues which won't go away - have updated to the new menu, firmware is up-to-date, etc. My 'about' section says:
Firmware Revision - 0x03b2
Firmware Build - 0x3e7d
Menu build date Oct 17 2018
menu build time 12:48:00
Supported games 147 out of 161

My issue is with sound - for one, the menu music breaks up / crackles / sounds like channels are missing and seems to be running too fast. I get funky sound in all games I've tried so far, and sound dissapears completely and doesn't return. No graphical issues, all sound.

Some games start with seemingly ok sound for a few seconds only then the sound dissapears to silence - have tried the MVS 1 slot in 3 different cabs, all which are working fine with other boards / normal mvs carts

If I have the menu music switched to 'off' it sometimes decides to try and play the music even with it switched to off.

I'm using a 1 Slot MV-1F

Have tried numerous times deleting buff and clearing n-vram but hasn't solved it.

Any ideas? ALL games I've tried graphically look perfect.

Last edited:
PS: We only need a way to save the MVS Multicard settings on the SD Card (like that we can no longer use a battery on the MVS).
But like that it's already perfect for me.
This is what I want. Hopefully one day, but indeed everything else is working pretty well.

@Tgames I’m not noticing anything obvious missing from Super Spy. I’ve never played it before though.. just comparing to videos. Everything I would think would have a sound, does. The music is all there too from what I can hear, the mix is a bit louder on the sfx.

Is there anything specific I can check?

Last edited:
Update - Regarding my issue I posted about just up this page a few posts ^^^ all is sorted now, it was my mvs board not the cart.

All now good, pretty much everything is perfect with it now.

Back